Tom Brady is building a California mega-mansion

Tom Brady, Haloti Ngata AP

The first plaintiff named in the antitrust lawsuit against the NFL was conspicuously absent from court today.  Nearly as conspicuous — when viewed from outer space — is the 22,000-square-foot mega-mansion that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and wife Gisele Bundchen are building in Brentwood, California.

According to the Daily Mail, Brady paid $11 million for the land on which the eight-bedroom structure is being built.  (The article also has several pictures of the property.)

It helps that Bundchen makes as much (and possibly more) money than Brady.  And if they ever get divorced, they can just build a wall in the middle of the place and convert it into two separate 11,000-square-foot regular mansions.

Permalink 56 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
56 Responses to “Tom Brady is building a California mega-mansion”
  1. hobartbaker says: Apr 6, 2011 9:32 PM

Having purchased the majority of Brentwood, the couple has decided to rename it Brady-Bundchen Wood.

2. smartbutlazy says: Apr 6, 2011 9:36 PM

Hey, power to him. The American Dream. Being highly compensated for something you enjoy and are good at. And marrying super models.

3. j0esixpack says: Apr 6, 2011 9:39 PM

Cool.

Does the 22,000 square feet include the indoor football field?

Now, cue Patriots haters who seem jealous of Tom Brady and his supermodel wife etc.

4. Rhode Island Patriots Fan says: Apr 6, 2011 9:53 PM

Portrait of an NFL player suffering “irreparable harm”… .

5. stixzidinia says: Apr 6, 2011 9:57 PM

He can play for the LA Vikings in a couple years.

6. argel830 says: Apr 6, 2011 9:57 PM

The real tragedy in all of this is that the Daily Mail is still considered a legit news source. Devo’d.

7. dbellina says: Apr 6, 2011 9:59 PM

$20 million and only 8 bedrooms?

That’s just crazy.

8. Davo says: Apr 6, 2011 9:59 PM

Ooooh man, I can just *feel* the hate coming on… Have at it PFT nation!

9. sagnam says: Apr 6, 2011 9:59 PM

I wonder how many owners have homes that large?

10. doowix says: Apr 6, 2011 10:02 PM

He’s really suffering because of the lockout. Decertification WAS a sham and I hope Judge Nelson is smart enough to call it that way.

11. mj0121 says: Apr 6, 2011 10:28 PM

I just can’t imagine how tough it must be for some of these players with the lockout. Only being able to afford a $20 million mega-mansion must suck. We feel for you, Tom, we really do.

12. bengalsown says: Apr 6, 2011 10:35 PM

@dbellina

Yeah, screw the indoor basketball court, bowling alley, pool, hot tub, 1700 square foot master suite, theater room, massage parlor, bar, etc.

Having 18 bedrooms for a family of four is truly where it’s at.

13. eslaught says: Apr 6, 2011 10:44 PM

Good timing. The biggest name on a lawsuit saying he needs more money and benefits. Buy $5 million mansion. $10 million for retirement, and $5 million for healthcare. He could get the best care in the world while people who work 325 days a year get some crappy HMO. He truly is suffering. My heart bleeds for him.

14. smacklayer says: Apr 6, 2011 10:49 PM

Living the dream…

15. hobartbaker says: Apr 6, 2011 10:52 PM

“To get a massive rich man’s crib to wrap the Baby Brady-Bundchen in..”.

16. mataug says: Apr 6, 2011 10:53 PM

Wonder what the Judge thinks about the harm caused to him by this lockout lol

Jokes aside given the fact that he’s with one of the richest SUPERmodels of the world, is this really a surprise ?

17. hobartbaker says: Apr 6, 2011 10:54 PM

Spoiled quarterbacks. Tom is building a palace in Brentwood while Vrabel has to steal his beer in Vegas.

18. Deb says: Apr 6, 2011 10:56 PM

@doowix ….

Are you serious? He’s one of the two highest paid guys in a league of 1700. It’s like you want to punish all the guys in marketing and HR because the executive VP makes a fortune. You people with your player hatred (jealousy) are just plain nuts.

19. Deb says: Apr 6, 2011 10:58 PM

@sagnam …

Probably all of them. I wonder how many owners have wives who earn more than they do and could afford to build a mansion like that on their own.

20. fonetiklee says: Apr 6, 2011 11:02 PM

Gisele makes a LOT more than he does.

I wish I was Tom Brady. Greatest job on Earth, mansions, supermodel wife… sigh…

21. ernestbynershands says: Apr 6, 2011 11:09 PM

I heard he is actually rebuilding Neverland Ranch.

22. gallaghedj311 says: Apr 6, 2011 11:18 PM

Good for him and I hate pats. live the dream Tommy

23. wiscnsnpatfan says: Apr 6, 2011 11:26 PM

Wow…has any man got it made in life more than Brady?

24. rashardmendenballs says: Apr 6, 2011 11:30 PM

No hate here….Just good ole fashion hard work and perseverance to be the best.

25. tacoslinger619 says: Apr 6, 2011 11:35 PM

Allready lost respect when he grew out that flamer hair!!!

26. CKL says: Apr 6, 2011 11:56 PM

If I were that wealthy I would want more privacy (land/trees wise) though that’s probably as much privacy as one gets in that area.

27. mick730 says: Apr 7, 2011 12:05 AM

Thems dar some mahty nice slave quarters, tom.

28. panther17 says: Apr 7, 2011 12:10 AM

NFL really needs a lower ceiling and higher floor. Who the errr needs a 22,000 square feet mansion. There’s a homeless man living 3 blocks from my townhouse and this ucker is building a house big enough he could get lost in it and die from starvation from not being able to find the exit or kitchen.

29. airraid77 says: Apr 7, 2011 12:25 AM

by somes view, one of the poor people is entitled to get at least 60 pct of the mansion…..and then that 40 pct somebody else gets 60 pct of that…until tom brady gets what everybody else has….OH…wait! that makes no sense….LOL!

30. ggeden says: Apr 7, 2011 12:48 AM

Maybe the slave Adrian Peterson can go work as Tom Brady’s butler in the new abode, especially if the lockout continues and his income will dry up.

31. childressrulz says: Apr 7, 2011 12:51 AM

sagnam says: Apr 6, 2011 9:59 PM

I wonder how many owners have homes that large?
    ________________________________
    If you are honestly wondering you are fing retarded. All owners have bigger bank accounts and houses. It is not even a question.

32. goldsteel says: Apr 7, 2011 12:58 AM

I suppose when you drive a Bentley you have to live in a starter castle.

33. elmarkleo says: Apr 7, 2011 2:56 AM

The PFT article repeats an error from the Daily Mail’s article: the mansion is in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles. Just thought I’d clear that up on the off-chance that anyone hit Google Maps and wondered why they’d decide to live halfway between Oakland and Stockton. Even during the bubble, I don’t think anything in Brentwood, CA was worth $20m.

34. garysson says: Apr 7, 2011 4:24 AM

@ Davo… Yes, your right, he is free to use your money how ever he wants… including multi million dollar houses in a time when he is “financially distressed”

I have zero appreciation for the owners arguement, and zero for the players… both are greedy as F848 and as a PFT reader for a solid five years running (seriously, every day) even I have reached, F-it, i dont care anymore status.

People DO NOT CARE who makes more money than who…. this is annoying.. back to baseball. Sorry Mike

35. Sandra Lee's Cans says: Apr 7, 2011 5:17 AM

No tennis courts?

36. pattunya says: Apr 7, 2011 6:19 AM

Big deal. Just like my home. Except it’s 21,000 square feet bigger, minus the supermodel wife.

37. sufferingbirdsfan says: Apr 7, 2011 6:24 AM

Hey, It’s good to be the king! I’ll bet Jerrah’s HDTV in Dallas is still bigger than Brady’s though.

38. chapnastier says: Apr 7, 2011 7:08 AM

Sean Payton moves to Dallas and it is a controversy. Brady builds 4 houses in one in California and it is the American dream. Love it.

39. 305hurricane says: Apr 7, 2011 7:57 AM

Typical cheesy fake mediterranean house on a terrible lot, bordered by another homes yard, and a road. Brady will feel good though, knowing he can throw a football the length of his property.

40. voxveritass says: Apr 7, 2011 8:33 AM

Film at 11.

41. imjinbrdgr says: Apr 7, 2011 8:47 AM

Cool.

Does the 22,000 square feet include the indoor football field?

“seem jealous”? Theres probably 10 people in the world who would not be jealous of this guy.

42. blackglass3 says: Apr 7, 2011 8:59 AM

Ugh. This was reported by American papers like a year ago.

43. oldbyrd says: Apr 7, 2011 9:03 AM

Don’t forget to invite the Union over for a party

44. FoozieGrooler says: Apr 7, 2011 9:09 AM

smacklayer says: Apr 6, 2011 10:49 PM

“Living the dream…”

If your sole purpose in this life is the acquisition of money, then yeah, I guess so.

45. FoozieGrooler says: Apr 7, 2011 9:10 AM

imjinbrdgr says: Apr 7, 2011 8:47 AM

“Theres probably 10 people in the world who would not be jealous of this guy.”

Here’s one. Now you only need to find nine more.

46. burntorangehorn says: Apr 7, 2011 9:36 AM

1700sqft master suite? That’s as big as an entire story in my house.

I admit that I have a taste for decadence, but Tom and Gisele have those plus the necessary means. Good for them.

47. harrisonhits2 says: Apr 7, 2011 9:38 AM

“It helps that Bundchen makes as much (and possibly more) money than Brady. ”

She makes far more than he does. When he was at the 5-6 mil a year level she was making 20-25 mil a year. Brady is not even close in income generated.

48. realitypolice says: Apr 7, 2011 9:43 AM

FoozieGrooler says:
    Apr 7, 2011 9:10 AM
    imjinbrdgr says: Apr 7, 2011 8:47 AM

“Theres probably 10 people in the world who would not be jealous of this guy.”

Here’s one. Now you only need to find nine more.
    ========================

Here’s two.

Jealousy is such a wasted emotion.

Jealousy of others is the ultimate form of self-hatred.

And as for the question “who needs a 22,000 square foot house”?

No one needs a 22,000 square foot house.

I don’t need my golf clubs.

What’s your point?

49. FoozieGrooler says: Apr 7, 2011 9:52 AM

realitypolice says: Apr 7, 2011 9:43 AM

“FoozieGrooler says:
    Apr 7, 2011 9:10 AM
    imjinbrdgr says: Apr 7, 2011 8:47 AM

“Theres probably 10 people in the world who would not be jealous of this guy.”

Here’s one. Now you only need to find nine more.
    ========================

Here’s two.”

Truth is, in the grand scheme of things, you may consider yourself to be “Middle Class”, but compared to most of the world’s population, you’re quite wealthy too.
    I’m quite content with my lot in life, and I guess that makes me lucky.

50. umrguy42 says: Apr 7, 2011 10:02 AM

Deb says: Apr 6, 2011 10:58 PM

@sagnam …

—————————————————–

I dunno about *earning* more, but I think Stan Kroenke’s wife is worth slightly more than he is. They’re pretty close, anyway, like less than $500 million apart in net worth, supposedly :P

51. tuckercarlsonisthevoiceofreason says: Apr 7, 2011 10:43 AM

I heard the ponytail is getting its own room.

52. ny82jy says: Apr 7, 2011 11:30 AM

wiscnsnpatfan says:
    Apr 6, 2011 11:26 PM
    Wow…has any man got it made in life more than Brady?
    ———————————————————————–

Yea I would say Derek jeter. He has 5 rings a 30,000 sq ft mansion in Tampa and a hotter than Gisele soon to be wife in Minka Kelly . I’d be jeter any day over Justin bieber (Brady).

53. FoozieGrooler says: Apr 7, 2011 11:51 AM

wiscnsnpatfan says: Apr 6, 2011 11:26 PM

“Wow…has any man got it made in life more than Brady?”

I would say that anybody that has found purpose and happiness in their lives, yeah.

If your primary goal in this life is money (and if you do, a lot is never enough), your existence is indeed a miserable one, I don’t care how much money you have.

Ever hear the phrase “money can’t buy happiness”?
    I’m sure there’s a little truth in there somewhere.

54. Deb says: Apr 7, 2011 12:10 PM

@um4guy42 …

Boom! Got me! :lol:

@chap …

I think people were upset with Payton because coaches work year-round and are part of the community … and he chose to move to a different NFL city. You’re reaching :)

As an aside, I just learned who Brady’s other baby mama is. She’s gorgeous, too. Guy does okay … but he earns his salary so I don’t know why all these capitalists are complaining ;)

55. thingamajig says: Apr 7, 2011 12:34 PM

The lot cost more than the house, sounds like a real dump to me.

56. tomforprez says: Apr 7, 2011 1:39 PM

I cant even start to imagine how much the flower pots next to the trash will cost!