Peyton Manning is a dad

Getty Images

Peyton Manning had a pretty great reason for missing Wednesday’s antitrust hearing.

Manning’s wife Ashley gave birth to twins on March 31: Marshall Williams Manning and Mosley Thompson Manning.  (That’s a boy and a girl for those scoring at home.)

The news comes courtesy of the Neshoba Democrat via our friends at StampedeBlue.com.  PFT has since confirmed the news.

Eli Manning and his wife Abby had their first child Ava on March 21, just three days before Peyton’s birthday.

Congrats to both families; perhaps we’ll be watching a backyard home video of Marshall on Sunday Night Football in 2038.

51 responses to “Peyton Manning is a dad

1. Wow, first kid on March 21, then two more on March 31. Peyton is running up the score in bunchs.

2. mel kiper just projected Marshall Manning to be the first overall pick in the 2033 draft

3. This headline reads a little too close to, “Peyton Manning is dead.” They should change this to “is a father”. Congrats though!

4. Ben Brady v. Marshall Manning? What’s with the near alliteration with both sons of quaterback royalty?

5. …and with the 1st overall pick in the 2011 draft, The Carolina Panthers select…. Marshall Manning.

never too early for a Manning

6. Instead of going through the “your baby can read” phase…it’ll be the “your baby can read defenses and audible” phase. Congrats Manning Family!

7. Well at least Peyton can teach his new babies how to CRY since he’s pretty good at it. The Colts will be irrelevant in a few years anyway. With Peyton 12-4, w/o him 4-12. Then all you so called Colts fans can go back to your first love. Basketball.

8. Congrats to the Mannings. Had my first 4 months ago, it’s the best thing in the world.

9. Ava and Mosely will be the first sister quaterback duo in the Lingere Football League. Which I predict will be the most popular sport in the country by 2030 as all other mens pro leagues allow greed to rip them apart.

10. Ava and Mosely will be the first sister(I meant cousins) quaterback duo in the Lingere Football League. Which I predict will be the most popular sport in the country by 2030 as all other mens pro leagues allow greed to rip them apart.

P.S. congrats to both new dads!

11. hobartbaker says:
    Apr 8, 2011 3:05 PM
    ———
    Did you think at all as you typed this? Did you think 2 of the kids decided to stay in for an extra 10 days or something?! Reading comprehension is so bad on this site.

12. Mosley (the girl) will still be better than Eli at not throwing INTS. Sadly Eli will still be better at accepting awards he doesnt deserve, such as the Superbowl MVP.

13. Holy crap. Some poor female had to pass two Easter-Island size Manning heads?

I’m not sure anyone could recover from that.

14. bleedgreen08052 says: Apr 8, 2011 4:49 PM

———————————————————————

Hey, bleedgreen, don’t be angry at Eli Manning. It isn’t his fault you’re an Eagles (or Jets) fan.

15. patriotsdefense says”

“Ben Brady v. Marshall Manning? What’s with the near alliteration with both sons of quaterback royalty?”

I thought all of Tom Brady’s kids were adopted. Oh wait, that’s Brad Pitt. Sorry I get my movies starts mixed up sometimes.

16. What’s with the alliteration. Ben Brady, Marshall Manning, Baylen Brees? What are other QBs’ sons names?

17. i thought it was rather funny that Bradys first sons initials are J.E.T…..Thats what happens when you leave your ex high and dry, she names your first born son after your hated rival…

18. “annnann says:
    Apr 8, 2011 6:00 PM
    What’s with the alliteration. Ben Brady, Marshall Manning, Baylen Brees? What are other QBs’ sons names?”

I know of Gilbert Grossman, Marty Montana, Colby Cutler, Henry Hasselbeck, Marty McNabb, Frank Favre ,Robbie Romo, Roger Rodgers, and Victor Davis (V.D.) Vick, and Marty Marino.

Wow, you’re right. I see a trend here!

19. “Rex Grossman says: Apr 8, 2011 6:42 PM

Wow, you’re right. I see a trend here!”

You forgot Josh Johnson…..Jr.

20. I wonder if Marshall and Moseley will knock boots together like there grand parents. No doubt I would take Ben Brady over Marshall Manning, Bradys are much better in crunch time. Of course Marshall will go 1st overall like his overrated dad and uncle.

21. How long until Lane Kiffin makes an offer?

But really – great time for the Manning family!

22. “fran021 says: Apr 8, 2011 7:13 PM
    What could they possibly have against that poor kid to name her Moseley?”

They are big fans of the Office and her head probably reminded them of Dwight’s Bobblehead, so naturally the name “Mose” is appropriate.

23. Way to go Peyton !… see what you can do when you don’t spend all your time making commercials.

24. New England fans aren’t impressed unless the father dumps the mom for a celebrity model.

25. bengalsown says: Apr 8, 2011 3:33 PM

———————————————–

17 thumbs down to this comment? Seriously?

26. hendeeze says:
    Apr 8, 2011 9:52 PM
    congratz, someone should have gifted you a guys a baby name book/…….
    ________________________________
    My guess is that they are family names. Judging by their own names (the Manning sons) often the mother’s maiden name is a child’s middle name (M or F, doesn’t matter). Ashley’s maiden name is Thompson I believe. I think Peyton’s middle name is his mother’s maiden name. Don’t ask me why I know this silly stuff, I have a memory for useless trivia. 😀
    (Pats fan who never, ever ceases to laugh at J.E.T. being TB’s firstborn’s name. I will not refer to that boy as anything else BUT J.E.T. The only possibly funnier thing would be if Bridget had named the boy “DiCaprio” or Leonardo”)

27. Hey Bill Polian, no need to draft Peyton’s replacement now…Ashley just shot him out the other day!!

Marshall Manning – 2036 NFL MVP