Bowers reportedly did well at medical re-check

Da'Quan Bowers, Tanner Price AP

The first report regarding the medical re-check for Clemson defensive end Da’Quan Bowers in Indianapolis is a good one.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports that Bowers didn’t have to undergo another X-ray or MRI over the weekend because his physical exam went so well.

“Stability was good and there was no swelling in the knee,” according to Cabot’s source.

No matter what is leaked publicly, every NFL team will make their own evaluation on Bowers’ tests.  Some may pass him; some teams may be more concerned about his knee long-term.

His busy personal workout schedule figures to affect his draft stock quite a bit as well.  He visits the Browns and Redskins after a stop in Minnesota to start the week.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Draft, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
6 Responses to “Bowers reportedly did well at medical re-check”
  1. thelockoutbeard says: Apr 12, 2011 10:32 AM

Glad to hear that he had a good exam. The injury question mark is something that is very hard to shake!

The Lockout Continues! As the lockout grows on, so does my beard. I am growing a lockout beard. I am not shaving until they start playing. Please follow me on twitter @TheLockoutBeard

-The Lockout Beard-

2. MichaelEdits says: Apr 12, 2011 10:48 AM

That’s a mighty small QB he’s about to blindside in that photo. I could get flashbacks to my own *cough* career *cough* from that.

3. nicksabansanahole says: Apr 12, 2011 12:00 PM

Glad to hear. I hope he drops to a good team though. He is too good a man and player to get stuck in a bad situation. Just like Spiller did last year. Hate to see good guys get stuck playing for franchises that will never go anywhere.

4. midgetman88 says: Apr 12, 2011 12:05 PM

I wonder what type of tape he’s gonna use to tape his knee together? Duct tape or electrical tape?

5. eaglesfan290 says: Apr 12, 2011 1:14 PM

I think the bigger question now is, if his knee is fine why did he run a 4.9 at his pro day, why did he look like a totally different player?

There is being out of shape and then there is a guy who got hurt and will never get back to 100%. Unfortunately for him a Knee is one of those things not everyone comes back 100% from.

What a shame for this kid I wish him the best.

6. sneaky1632 says: Apr 12, 2011 8:57 PM

I would avoid this guy like the plauge, we took a guy last draft with a broken wheel and we all saw how that turned out.