Blaine Gabbert going to the draft, too

Blaine Gabbert AP

When former Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert joined PFT Live last month, he was still considering whether to accept an invitation to attend the 2011 NFL draft.

He has since made up his mind.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Gabbert has accepted.

It makes Gabbert the 16th known rookie to agree to attend the draft, which begins on April 28 in New York City.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
16 Responses to “Blaine Gabbert going to the draft, too”
  1. hosmachine says: Apr 17, 2011 10:03 PM

Great every other story from now until the draft will be about who’s attending. Big deal Ijust wanna put my name out there and say Hosmachine will also be in attendance. I think everyone cares just as much about that announcement as this story. Thanks pft.

2. staffordwives9999 says: Apr 17, 2011 10:08 PM

Kind of reminds me of Matthew Stafford a little bit, 42 wonderlick Stafford 38, strong arm, although I’ll take Matt on that one. Good looking kids who seems to have their heads on straight, hopefully better luck in the health department than Matt has had. 4th to Cinn.

3. huskersrock1 says: Apr 17, 2011 10:22 PM

None of these Qb’s are worth top ten consideration. Of course I said that about bradford last year.

4. whatswiththehate says: Apr 17, 2011 10:42 PM

Does it seem as if Tom Condone intentionally picks a particular type of QB to push up the draft board in an attempt of please the elite sport media’s shallow preception of that “perfect” QB???

5. dbellina says: Apr 17, 2011 10:59 PM

Blaine Gabba-gabba

6. hobartbaker says: Apr 17, 2011 11:03 PM

@hate – The “particular type of QB” Condon picks is one who doesn’t have a history of theft, lies, deception, and fraud. Matter of fact that is the “particular type” of client CAA chooses, regardless of position.

There is every chance that a CAA client not named Gabbert is the first off the board. Maybe several, starting with Dareus, Peterson, and Green. If you’re trying to make this a race issue, your attempt fails miserably.

7. holydarknessva says: Apr 17, 2011 11:06 PM

If and this is a strong IF carolina decides to go with a QB with the number 1 pick welcome to carolina Mr. Gabbert

8. mhs8031 says: Apr 17, 2011 11:47 PM

Hosmachine, I care more that you will be there. Wearing a jersey? I will root for you.

9. kd75 says: Apr 18, 2011 12:27 AM

Good for Mr. Gabbert! it will be the coolest day of his life.

10. scooby77 says: Apr 18, 2011 1:10 AM

3rd to Buffalo!

11. hobartbaker says: Apr 18, 2011 1:37 AM

At this point in the draft process teams are looking for reasons NOT to draft a particular player. Gabbert gives the fewest reasons to not take him.

12. madenatewell says: Apr 18, 2011 4:18 AM

In other news Cam Newton just farted…

13. broncsfan says: Apr 18, 2011 9:53 AM

Blaine Gabbert agent sighting, up the thread, trashing the competition.

14. thefiesty1 says: Apr 18, 2011 10:57 AM

I sure hope he doesn’t go to either Buffalo or Cincy. Nobody should have to go to either one. Maybe he can demand a trade like the Eli/Rivers deal if one of those teams take him.

15. whatswiththehate says: Apr 18, 2011 11:03 AM

hobartbaker says:
    Apr 17, 2011 11:03 PM

——————————-
    No the racial angle was not my intent but thanks for making my point about the amount of extra love the sports media folks shows to Tom Condon’s crew by keeping anything real negative on them at a minimum, while bashing away at their competitors…It’s so obvious but I guess you haven’t noticed it.

16. CKL says: Apr 18, 2011 1:31 PM

whatswiththehate-
    I seldom agree with you but I also loathe Condon and do believe there could be some machinations at work with ANY of his clients.
    The last Condon client my team had (04 1st round Ben Watson)actually fired him so he didn’t have to keep holding out for a shorter contract per Condon’s wishes. That was 7 years ago.