Mike Pouncey’s goal: Get drafted higher than his brother

Mike Pouncey AP

When the draft process started, we heard a lot of questions about Florida offensive lineman Mike Pouncey’s struggles with the quarterback-center exchange.

The general consensus was that Pouncey was very good, but not as good a player as his twin brother Maurkice.  Many analysts saw him as a better guard than a center.

As the draft process has dragged on, the view on Pouncey has only improved.  Now he has a chance to reach his goal, as stated on PFT Live Tuesday.  Mike Pouncey just wants to get drafted higher than his brother, who went 18th overall to the Steelers.

Silva has Mike going 19th to the Giants.  He would make a lot of sense to the Dolphins at No. 15.

To watch Pouncey’s entire segment, head to the PFT Live homepage.  Or download the show on iTunes.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Draft, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
9 Responses to “Mike Pouncey’s goal: Get drafted higher than his brother”
  1. bigbrad184 says: Apr 19, 2011 5:51 PM

2. NFL Football Now says: Apr 19, 2011 6:31 PM

I agree. He’s been saying this for weeks…and that he won’t play center.

3. cappa662 says: Apr 19, 2011 6:44 PM

bigbrad184 says: Apr 19, 2011 5:51 PM

You should like a mad white dude. Chill out mang. He just wants to do better in the draft than his brother. Sibling rivalry, nah means?

4. jackfnburton says: Apr 19, 2011 6:51 PM

Dude, your brother went to the Super Bowl his rookie year. Feel free to top THAT.

5. profootballwalk says: Apr 19, 2011 6:55 PM

“bigbrad184 says: Apr 19, 2011 5:51 PM

I wouldn’t want this clown on my favorite team. This guy just needs to shut up and be happy wherever he gets drafted. He’s going to get paid a ton of money to play a great game and I believe that if he does get drafted higher than his brother it will primarily be because of the success his brother had as a rookie.”

Spoken like a true loser who will never accomplish anything in life. I’ll have fries with my burger, please.

6. Canyonero says: Apr 19, 2011 10:58 PM

This is awesome. The Pouncey twins are really competitive with each other, and they have a bond any brothers (especially twins) can relate to.

There should be a good decade of storylines with these two..

7. MichaelEdits says: Apr 19, 2011 11:42 PM

I had a brother. Right on!

8. raiderinpa says: Apr 20, 2011 8:11 AM

Leave bigbrad184 alone.. he has a point… Mike P. should get drafted higher than his bro, why? what has HE proved?

Hopefully for Mike he gets drafted higher than #31 so he isnt UNfortunate enough to get picked by his brother’s team!

9. kevinfromphilly says: Apr 20, 2011 2:55 PM

Can’t get drafted higher than Maurice – doesn’t speak of the pompadous of love.