Broncos take final look at Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert

BCS Championship Football AP

No one seems to think the Broncos are going to take a quarterback with the second overall pick in the NFL draft. But the draft’s top two quarterbacks are both visiting Denver this week.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Auburn’s Cam Newton was at Broncos headquarters Tuesday, and Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert is at Broncos headquarters today.

However, it seems highly unlikely that the Broncos are actually going to take Newton or Gabbert, when they already have Tim Tebow and Kyle Orton. Klis notes that it can be useful for teams to do their homework on top quarterbacks even if they’re not planning to draft them, and there’s also, as we mentioned yesterday, the possibility that the Broncos want to send up a smokescreen regarding their intentions at No. 2.

Maybe the Broncos will shock everyone and take a quarterback second overall. But our PFT mock draft still has the Broncos taking Marcell Dareus.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
10 Responses to “Broncos take final look at Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert”
  1. rukiddnme29 says: Apr 20, 2011 1:43 PM

If the Brncos take either of these 2, I will officially be rooting for another team for good.

2. joetoronto says: Apr 20, 2011 1:48 PM

Please take Newton, Donkeys.

3. hobartbaker says: Apr 20, 2011 2:07 PM

Gabbert gets the last interview with the top teams drafting. For what that is worth.

4. hanktheking says: Apr 20, 2011 2:23 PM

In other news John Elway enjoys his new job and wants to keep it. Coinciding with this, they do not draft either one of these bums.

5. djrando7 says: Apr 20, 2011 2:24 PM

rukiddnme29 says:
    Apr 20, 2011 1:43 PM
    _________________________________

Sweet! We don’t need you in Broncos Country if you are a fair weather fan. You telling me that you 100% trust in Tebow’s throwing mechanics? how about Orton’s mobility? How about Brady “NOW I’M DONE” Quinn’s accuracy issues? John Elway is a HALL OF FAME, BACK TO BACK Super Bowl winning QB. The man is smart, and knows what he is doing. If he, Pat Bowlen, and John Fox believe they can get value for Tebow and Orton, or Tebow and Quinn, and get one of these guys, then who are we as the casual fan to say otherwise? Look, I bleed orange and blue, and I would much rather see Von Miller in Orange and Blue next year, but I will not be an Jokland Traiter fan, and root for whomever is winning.
    Actually, I heard Al Davis wants to move his awesome team back to L.A. I heard they need some more fans.

6. dexterismyhero says: Apr 20, 2011 2:27 PM

If the Doncos take CN then he would be a mile closer to God the same as Tebow. What a couple that would make.

7. hobartbaker says: Apr 20, 2011 2:42 PM

@dexter – Tebow might be a mile closer to God. The Large Slimy Newt would be an extra mile from Lucifer.

8. vegasbronco says: Apr 20, 2011 2:48 PM

Interviewing both of these kids, give EFX an idea if ANY team would want to move up. If they do have NFL extended abilities then by interviewing them the Broncos will know and be ready to layout an offer.
    They will take Dareus then Paea then Gilbert.

9. rukiddnme29 says: Apr 20, 2011 2:52 PM

I have been a Broncos fan since ’85. If I wasn’t passionate about them I would settle for all the terrible desicions that have been made in the organization the last 4 years. I would be apethetic like you and accept disappointment. Furthermore, I was just expressing myself through exageration.

10. polegojim says: Apr 20, 2011 3:48 PM

Bronco’s are on a much better path now that McD was kicked out of town with horse shoe prints on his butt.

And YES, I believe in Tim Tebow….

Orton won’t LOSE a game, but he won’t go out and WIN one either. Never has been capable of carrying a team, just mediocre overall results.