Josh Freeman keeping Bucs on track

Freeman_Josh

No matter what happens with the lockout, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will continue to work together regularly. Quarterback Josh Freeman, who’s organizing his team’s workouts, says he’s keeping his team on track.

“As a young group of guys, it’s really important that we keep our momentum from last season going regardless of the state of the lockout,” Freeman told the Tampa Tribune.

Freeman said he got 100 percent participation at the player-run minicamp for skill position players he organized last week at the University of South Florida, and he’s doing additional individual workouts with one teammate, running back Cadillac Williams.

There’s been some concern from those who favor the labor side in the lockout that players working on their own, for free, could be counterproductive to the players’ cause. But Freeman getting his teammates together to work will surely be productive for the Bucs, who have to be considered one of the most promising teams in the league in 2011, whenever the 2011 season starts.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
15 Responses to “Josh Freeman keeping Bucs on track”
  1. big007hed says: Apr 27, 2011 10:27 AM

I was not a fan of this pick when it was made but I am glad to eat crow, Freeman is the real deal!!!!

GO BUCS

2. gobillz says: Apr 27, 2011 10:37 AM

How can you not love this guy? If you’re a Bucs fan, you must be so excited to see this young guy lead your team for the next 10+ years

3. duanethomas says: Apr 27, 2011 10:38 AM

Wonder if Aqib Talib participated. He needs to work on his speed, if he couldn’t catch his sisters boyfriend whom he had just pistol whipped senseless.

4. shallowfan says: Apr 27, 2011 10:45 AM

“There’s been some concern from those who favor the labor side in the lockout that players working on their own, for free, could be counterproductive to the players’ cause.”

I thought the player’s cause was to play football?

I know I love to get together with my friends and play a little football…2 hand touch above the waist of course…

5. bucyou2 says: Apr 27, 2011 10:49 AM

That guy is gonna win a Super Bowl. Anyone disagree?

And now with Talib leaving, does anyone doubt how horrible the drafting/scouting abilities of Gruden and Allen were? There are no high end players from that regime outside of Davin Joseph, who is not that far above the average. All hail MD! I don’t care who they pick tomorrow, I’m certain MD will make the right choice.
    Thoughts?

6. irisht53 says: Apr 27, 2011 11:16 AM

Two years in, and this is quite likely the best QB in the franchise’s history. Great player and leader!!!

7. lleesman725 says: Apr 27, 2011 11:46 AM

Can not believe how wrong I was about the Bucs making this pick.
    Our leader…

8. chace1986 says: Apr 27, 2011 12:15 PM

I was wrong as well…he is for real..

9. dawsonleery says: Apr 27, 2011 12:21 PM

Freeman is gonna be the face of the NFL in a few years. This kid has it all. What a steal falling the way to 17.

10. edsbay says: Apr 27, 2011 1:06 PM

How do you not like this kid?

Should be very interesting in the NFC South this year. Freeman is an easy guy to root for!

11. atlantabirds says: Apr 27, 2011 2:01 PM

A lot of the same negative things that are now being said about Cam Newton were also said about Josh Freeman two years ago. just sayin’ …

12. bucyou2 says: Apr 27, 2011 4:08 PM

I hope Newton is great. I don’t want Tampa to get easy wins against Carolina. I want to play and beat the best. I don’t want the NFC south to be anything like the NFC west where a 7-9 team could get in the playoffs. I want all 4 teams to be elite so the winner makes a killer run in the post season.

13. redskinsrt says: Apr 27, 2011 5:10 PM

What a stand-up kid. Hopefully he becomes the franchise player that they need.

14. cover2blitz0 says: Apr 27, 2011 6:33 PM

its all about 5… and freeman did not have the same issues as newton does coming out thats just an uneducated statement

15. blountforce says: Apr 27, 2011 7:21 PM

atlantabirds says:
    Apr 27, 2011 2:01 PM

———————————————————

I defy you to post a link that backs up this most ridiculous statement! Free5 and Newton have nothing in common.

I am so proud of Freeman & to quote T.O…….”thats my quarterback!!”