Cris Carter goes off on Chad Ochocinco

Cris Carterx-inset-community AP

Former NFL receiver and current ESPN analyst Cris Carter is the latest commentator to weigh in on Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, ripping him after saying he’s on the way out in Cincinnati because Marvin Lewis hurt his feelings.

“I’m sick of Chad, I’m sick of hearing from him, I’m sick of hearing what he’s going to do,” Carter said. “”Chad, he’s definitely going to end up on someone else’s team if I’m calling the shots.”

Carter said he believes the Bengals should get rid of both Ochocinco and quarterback Carson Palmer, but he said in Palmer’s case the reason to get rid of him is to do a distinguished veteran a favor.

“I’m definitely making a deal getting them both out of town,” Carter said. “Carson, who’s probably been the marquee as far as image, what to say, doing all the right stuff, he’s gotten a bad deal being stuck in Cincinnati. So I try to help a player out like this, I ship him somewhere where he would like to be.”

With Ochocinco, Carter said the Bengals should get rid of him because he’s a problem on the team. But Carter said he would be willing to give Ochocinco some lessons on how to be a better teammate.

At least Carter didn’t say Mike Brown should put a bullet in Ochocinco, as Carter once suggested Jerry Jones should do to Terrell Owens.

Permalink 47 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
47 Responses to “Cris Carter goes off on Chad Ochocinco”
  1. baseballstars says: Apr 28, 2011 7:17 AM

This could be a mutually beneficial relationship. Cris could teach Chad how to catch passes, and Chad could teach Cris how not to be annoying. No irony there.

2. stoutfiles says: Apr 28, 2011 7:19 AM

I was wondering where the egotistical Cris Carter went until the last quote.

3. dealer009 says: Apr 28, 2011 7:21 AM

I’m sick of Cris, I’m sick of hearing from him, I’m sick of hearing what he’s going to do.

4. canetic says: Apr 28, 2011 7:22 AM

Google Cris Carter’s son and wonder why he’s worried so much about Chad’s behavior and not his own kid.

5. jpmelon says: Apr 28, 2011 7:22 AM

6. jc1958cool says: Apr 28, 2011 7:23 AM

why can’t that dumb owner see the same thing?
    right on kris!!

7. moss5191 says: Apr 28, 2011 7:26 AM

Lmao!! I was never a Chris Carter fan until now…

8. iamtalkingsolistenandlearn says: Apr 28, 2011 7:27 AM

Blackball him out of the league. One down, dozens more to go.

If his momma would have taught him better then maybe he wouldn’t be one of the current poster boys exemplifying what is wrong with the league. Maybe he and Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Derek Mason, Dez Bryant, Plaxico Buress, Aquib Talib AND his momma can go start their own urban football league

9. dickroy says: Apr 28, 2011 7:29 AM

Who isn’t sick of this whining cry baby. A self centered individual. He is not a team player. He always wants to bring attention to himself.

10. rayski says: Apr 28, 2011 7:32 AM

He wants chad to google his yahoo!

11. bass1717 says: Apr 28, 2011 7:33 AM

You are not alone, everyone is tired of hearing from this idiot. He just constantly talks because he wants the attention…..can’t wait til he is out of the NFL

12. texline1 says: Apr 28, 2011 7:33 AM

I am sick of all these megalomaniacs thumping themselves on the chest, saying ” Look at me!!”. Get over yourself. You play a game!!!! ( In Chads case, not very well) Future HOFJ. ( Hall of fame janitor.) That’s the only way this retard is going to see Canton.

13. iceman1414 says: Apr 28, 2011 7:35 AM

Good job Carter, Chump Ocho Stinko Dropsome is toxic and like his boyfriend Terrel, they destroy teams. NFL teams take a lesson from the NBA, Vince Carter is a selfish I love myself player and gone from team to team without a ring. MEEEEE players don’t work so I really don’t get why teams keep thinking there gonna change because it’s true tigers can never change their stripes. So caveat emptor(buyer beware) the boyfriends Johnson and Owens are clown shoes……….if only they were half the player you were Chris Carter, thanks for saying what you feel instead of towing the company line…….. Say hi to boomer for me Bob in Ontario

14. halo81 says: Apr 28, 2011 7:41 AM

Cris, you’re literally one of the most ego-maniacal jerks to ever play football, so while I agree that Chad Johnson is annoying, shut the hell up.

Hell, even when you “coached” at the Under Armour High School All-Star Game all I got were complaints from players, parents and coaches about what a jerk you were and how big your ego was. The biggest complaint? How hard you were to work with in a team atmosphere.

So again, shut up and go away.

15. marcus2719 says: Apr 28, 2011 7:56 AM

Yes I Carson Palmer do need to get moved to a better team

16. pondbridge says: Apr 28, 2011 7:58 AM

Chad is playing the football press like a piano, including Carter. OF COURSE he wants out (two year contract with the Pats would be my guess), so its time to crank up the crazy act. Child, smarten up.

17. mike83ri says: Apr 28, 2011 8:10 AM

Hey Cris,

Ochocinco is averaging 200 yards and 7 catches a year more than you did, I think he’s doing just fine without your advice.

His team is also a lot less talented than yours was.

18. duanethomas says: Apr 28, 2011 8:11 AM

Chris Carter said he would trade Carson Palmer as a favor to whatever team he wanted, but would just get rid of Chad? I thought an organization always operated in what’s best for the team? New England wouldn’t do Carlson a favor, neither would Green Bay. The Bengals ignored Chad’s request 3 years ago, so why should they do Carlson a favor? The stance should be play for the Bengals, or play for no one. If he choses to retire and not play, then he has no desire. He is fat financially and played to get that security. He didn’t take the challenge to compete, keep fighting and try to make his team better. Dan Marino, Archie Manning, John Elway are examples of QB’s who hit a rough spot around year 8 of their careers but keep fighting. Not quit. This isn’t the NBA, Mike Brown should do no favors for anyone.

If you want to Google something look up Chris Carter’s son. I would rather have Chad as a son.

19. bengalsown says: Apr 28, 2011 8:14 AM

Carter doesn’t HAVE to follow Chad on Twitter…

I enjoy Ochocinco, and LOL at those who say he doesn’t play well.

20. jw731 says: Apr 28, 2011 8:17 AM

Cris Carter should be careful what he says…Someday, Ocho is going to take his job at ESPN. All of their former players turned “analysts” have been complete jack a$$es, including him. So, Ocho is a prime candidate…

21. enders9 says: Apr 28, 2011 8:21 AM

iamtalkingsolistenandlearn says: Apr 28, 2011 7:27 AM

Blackball him out of the league. One down, dozens more to go.

—————————————

Chad is what is wrong with the league…. despite never getting into any kind of legal trouble? lol ok.

Cris is what is wrong with the world. Let’s “put a bullet” in someone just because they annoy me. Cris was more a poster boy for what is wrong with the league when he still played than Chad has ever been. When was the last time Chad was kicked off a team for drugs and alcohol?

“Chad, call me,” Carter said. “I know a few things about wide receiver. I played a few years in the league, caught a few balls. Google me.” —– THIS is an ego, at least the stuff Chad does/says is in fun.

22. drmonkeyarmy says: Apr 28, 2011 8:22 AM

I am not a Chad Johnson fan or TO fan or anything like that, but people need to stop lumping them in with guys like Talib, Burress, etc. Johnson and TO might be annoying but they have done nothing criminal and have worked very hard at their crafts.

23. biggerballz says: Apr 28, 2011 8:25 AM

hey carter, chad doesn’t need to learn how to find the best cocaine, unlike you he’s clean, you pos.

24. whatswiththehate says: Apr 28, 2011 8:26 AM

So let me see if I get this straight..Those who once played in the NFL and was themselves like Ocho are forever trying to mold the younger generation into how they feel they should behave..

Cris, the only difference between Chad and you is the media and the information technology.

And since when did the NFL become Golf? with the desire to have all these athletes be all one deminsional. What I love about this sport is the colorful personality. Not everyone is Carson Palmer and not everyone needs to be. Plus, as usual the Carson Palmers of the NFL do as they please and get a free pass from the sports media.

I sometime think some of you folks forget these athletes are human beings not objects…Yes, even the Ocho’s of our society.

Paying to see these athletes play doesn’t mean you own them. And why does it seem whenever you mention the ones you have problems with they are all black?

25. enders9 says: Apr 28, 2011 8:31 AM

“Chad, call me,” Carter said. “I can show you how NOT to raise your kids, look at how mine turned out. Google him.”

26. hobbstweedle says: Apr 28, 2011 8:39 AM

How sad it is to see some has-been like Carter struggle to retain an ounce of relevancy, especially when one ounce is about all he ever had anyway.

27. Topher says: Apr 28, 2011 8:54 AM

Ochocinco is a better player and a more entertaining human being than Cris Carter.

28. swpstks says: Apr 28, 2011 9:10 AM

He is another bitter retired player taking shots at the current players. Carter probably mad b/c he’s still isn’t in the hall of fame

29. tombrookshire says: Apr 28, 2011 9:15 AM

Hell, there’s plenty of people I’m tired of hearing from or about, starting with Lindsay Lohan, Lady Gaga, Prince William and Kate. Doesn’t mean they are going away just because I want them to. You just have to tune them out and not let them stress you.

30. rayjayjohnsonjr says: Apr 28, 2011 9:16 AM

Carter, how you can keep getting a gig like you do is hard to understand. You and Matt Millen could possibly make an all star ego team but as far as being an analyst, you stink. Get lost.

31. chuckyd97 says: Apr 28, 2011 9:16 AM

He would trade Palmer as a favor? What team would want a man that says that he would retire rather than play football? He’s lost his passion for the game if he’s willing to throw in the towel that easy. I hope the Mike Brown is smart enough to get something for both of them instead of just dumping them………..BUT HE’S NOT!!!!

32. breeshasabush says: Apr 28, 2011 9:20 AM

as every former player from ESPN so elloquently puts it “HEY GUYS I USED TO PLAY FOOTBALL, HEY LOOK I PLAYED FOOTBALL, AND WAIT DID I MENTION I PLAYED FOOTBALL!!!”- Chris Carter, Steve Young (among others)

33. imongo says: Apr 28, 2011 9:35 AM

drmonkeyarmy….you putz. “Worked very hard at their crafts”. The world needs a few more useful idiots like you. Here’s the rub; ALL of these clown’s are garbage and, like you…need to fall back into the whole from which they came. The NFL has degenerated into a freak show, and do not need lackey’s like you defending it.

34. michbengal says: Apr 28, 2011 9:51 AM

“he’s gotten a bad deal being stuck in Cincinnati.”
    Yeah, Poor Carson, they only gave him 75 million for has time spent in Cincy. Give me a figgin’ break.

35. pioniere says: Apr 28, 2011 9:53 AM

“Yeah, I did a Google search on you. “Released from the Eagles for drug and alcohol abuse”. Ocho could learn a lot from you.”

No, he was released from the Eagles because, according to Buddy Ryan, “All he does is catch touchdowns.” :)

36. thefiesty1 says: Apr 28, 2011 9:55 AM

Everybody is sick of him. Since he “thinks of himself as the””black Mexican” then he should just go to Mexico and disappear.

37. jvibottomline says: Apr 28, 2011 9:55 AM

Is Cris Carter still trying to convince people he is better than Jerry Rice???? Coke Carter, YOUR OWN MOTHER KNOWS YOUR NOT JERRY RICE. You were a possession receiver that caught a LOT of 4-yard passes. There is a reason you are NOT in the Hall of Fame!

38. earlcampbellrules says: Apr 28, 2011 9:57 AM

Cris Carter is an egotistical piece of donkey crap. We all know you played football, and we all know why you’re not in the Hall. It’s because everybody freakin hates you! Why is this dude on espn when nobody can stand to listen to him? He was one of the worst teammates ever, and his eyebrows look like 2 leaches stuck to his face. Go away!

39. krashie21 says: Apr 28, 2011 10:14 AM

Typical former member of the Minnesota Vikings…..

ALL TALK with ZERO credibility.

Cris Carter is upset with Ocho-what’s-his-name-this-week-oh?????

Where does Carter get off??? He and Ocho are THE SAME PLAYER just a decade and a half apart.

Like Chad, Carter was hated by virtually every player he played with and was a “Me-First” player. Great numbers from Week 1 to 16, but when NOTHING when it counted.

Carter is a bitter old man who is too egomaniacal to see that that he’s doing nothing but looking in the mirror.

It’s no wonder why BOTH of these guys are waiting a long time to get into the HOF.

40. joetoronto says: Apr 28, 2011 10:46 AM

I can’t stand Johnson but for the king of all diva’s to make that comment is just wrong.

Clean up your own backyard before you look in someone else’s, Chris.

41. enders9 says: Apr 28, 2011 10:51 AM

imongo says: Apr 28, 2011 9:35 AM

——————-

u mad? You sound like drmonkeyarmy just got done smashing your sister, and on the way out he kicked your dog. Relax.

If you don’t like the NFL, stop watching it and stop going to NFL related sites. Here’s the irony; just like your response (you hate the NFL), this article is about a person (Cris) who hates something (Chad) but yet keeps paying attention to it just so they can complain.

42. kspl1 says: Apr 28, 2011 10:54 AM

Cris Carter can go to hell. I useful like him but he’s way off base and ocho has better #’s than him at this point in his career. Ocho is not a problem and has never been trouble for his team. Cris must have been drunk or high wen he said this.

Also why is this so honorable of Carson Palmer to quit and make demands on his team. Any other player does this and they’d be crucified. What has Palmer done to make him so sacred. He’s terrible, he hasn’t been good since 2005. Who cares if he leaves, and why would anyone want to sign him?

43. vadog says: Apr 28, 2011 11:10 AM

Cris Carter, was an outstanding player and teammate. He was able to keep Randy Moss regulated during the Denny Green years, which is no small feet.

I can’t comment on his ability as commentater as I do not watch ESPN football coverage.

However, I would tend to respect his opinion on Ochocinco’s behavior problems. Afterall, Ochocinco is Junior Varsity compared to the weirdness that is Randy Moss!!!

44. shallowfan says: Apr 28, 2011 11:56 AM

What?

Cincy GM says to Carson, “I’m sorry you’ve had to play here, it really does suck…but since you’ve been really good on an off the field for us and still have some good years left how about a trade? Anywhere you want to go…or maybe we will just release you so we don’t get anything in return, whatever you prefer Carson, we love you and want to do what’s best for you.”

This is one of the dumbest statements I’ve ever heard…bad even for Cris Carter.

45. granadafan says: Apr 28, 2011 12:35 PM

Cris Carter was ruled ineligable in college for receiving improper benefits (ie., he had his hand out) and the scandal helped get his coach fired. Carter was fired for drug abuse from the Eagles. He fought with teammates and was universally despised. Plus he has those Milhouse eyebrows.

Chad Johnson may have a screw loose and is egotistical, but does not have off the field issues like Cris Carter does.

46. kanucme says: Apr 28, 2011 3:10 PM

cris carter has some nerve, he was to and chad back in the day. now he cant see how a team deals with them. and for all the distractions, to and chad stay out of jail and on tv for crimes- yet they so heavily influence “professional athletes”, darn masterminds! and call a spade a spade as far as carson, he’s quitting on his team and strong arming a move just as pro athletes have done in the pass. and his bragging about 80 mil in the bank during times of recession in crass…. stop making him out to be some kind of martyt.

47. itsmebobd says: Apr 28, 2011 6:24 PM

I agree. Mike Brown, tell Palmer you will trade him NEXT year and ask him to train the upcoming QB (i.e. Boomer Essiason). Palmer, Mike Brown Made you a very rich man, now do this favor for him and us bengals fans. Chad, I will take a Large Meal from 5 guys burgers and fries, and a 6th round pick from the raiders from u at this point.