The Browns can’t keep their Jordans straight

AP

Apparently, we weren’t the only ones that got a little confused by the presence of Cal’s Cameron Jordan and USC’s Jordan Cameron in the 2011 draft.

Cameron Jordan, the Saints’ first round pick, was visiting his new team’s facility on Sunday when he got a phone call, according to SI.com’s Peter King.

“Hi,” the caller said.  “Jordan? This is the Cleveland Browns … ”

The Browns were looking for some biographical information, presumably for their press materials.

“I think you mean Jordan Cameron, you’re looking for Jordan Cameron. That’s not me.”

36 responses to “The Browns can’t keep their Jordans straight

1. So we can quit guessing why the haven’t won a championship in 50 years and have never played in a Super Bowl. Got to take care of the little things before you can tackle the big things. After all these years…still the mistake by the lake.

2. Does nobody think they don’t have all these kids numbers, went down the list to call Jordan & with the list going last name first, first name last, the intern saw JORDAN CAMERON & made the call.
    Read a little more ignorance into it, dumba$$es

3. I was hoping they would go to the same team, but the Vikings did get two Christians and the 49ers two Colins

4. colinito says:
    but the Vikings did get two Christians

Well you’ve got to have something to fed the Lions

5. “was visiting his new team’s facility on Sunday when he got a phone call, ”

Umm, why was he at the team’s facility on Sunday? AND, Why were the Browns trying to contact a player on Sunday?

Either it was really Saturday or both teams are violating the no comunication or contact with player rule.

6. While you all may be making fun of the Browns for this, how many of you knew who either of these guys were? And I heard a number of people mixing the names up. It’s very easy to do. But the thing that would have been more interesting is if either team had drafted both guys!

Jordan Cameron meet Cameron Jordan.

7. doe22us says:
    May 2, 2011 12:26 PM
    Men the Browns are a clown organization

________________________________

Word to the wise doe, when you are attempting to make fun of something/someone make sure you get your grammar straight. This just makes you look like an ignorant ass. Just sayin…..

8. Mike Heckert and Tom Holmgren need to get their names straight. I am surprised they didnt try to draft Peter Patrickson.

9. @thekingdave –

Did you not know that’s what they do here? It’s called a “one stop shop” approach to news. I ACTUALLY appreciate the fact that they save me the hassle of going to other sites for interesting or relevant stories, as well as a story like this which was neither.

10. I’ve done that at fantasy football drafts, but that was after about ten beers.

11. @mattyc

Before you start talking about ignorance you should read your own sentence. “Does nobody think they don’t have”

12. @touchdownroddywhite

No I didn’t, started reading PFT a week ago (insert sarcasm)

13. savocabol1 says:
    May 2, 2011 1:30 PM
    doe22us says:
    May 2, 2011 12:26 PM
    Men the Browns are a clown organization

________________________________

Yeah when you pinpoint my gramatical error and when you spell sayin(g) correctly come back to me.. It sucks being a sports fun in Ohio, lived and went to school there during college.. who checks spelling in these blogs anyway.

14. “thelmt82 says:
    May 2, 2011 1:18 PM
    While you all may be making fun of the Browns for this, how many of you knew who either of these guys were? And I heard a number of people mixing the names up. ”

———————————————————————–

Uh, people who aren’t stupid ignorant know who these guys are. Newsflash, football IS played in the West coast and they’re quite good at it. Learn a little before shooting off your mouth and coming across as ignorant.

15. As a Saints’ fan I think I can safely say that the Saints draft completely RULED. I give the Saints an A. Btw, I thought the Browns did great too.

Anyway, the Saints picked up both Ingram and Jordan for the best 1-2 punch of the entire draft. Astonishingly, they grabbed Greg Romeus who was an absolute BEAST before he went down with injuries this past year. If he can get healthy, Romeus WILL be a future Pro Bowler. I’m also real excited about Martez Wilson and Johnny Patrick.

16. anyone getting all mad and defending this needs to chill out…its funny…and yes they should know who they are calling there is a lot of film watching, studying players, getting to know who they are…that shouldnt have happened

17. savocabol1 says:
    May 2, 2011 1:30 PM
    doe22us says:
    May 2, 2011 12:26 PM
    Men the Browns are a clown organization

________________________________

____________________________

umm…sayin isn’t a word it’s actually saying…so if you want to get all picky with people’s grammar check your own first

18. At least they didn’t call Jordan Sparks. She’s a great singer…but I doubt she’d help the team much. Her Dad who used to be a cornerback on the other hand would REALLY be welcome. The browns should call him.

19. I would have rather had Cameron Jordan. I think the caller was just wishful thinking

20. @abengalfan

Dude, that’s got to be one of the funniest, wittiest, comments I’ve ever read on here. Ahahahahahahahaha

21. Another reason the Browns organization is a complete JOKE! This worthless team will not see 7 wins for at least 5 seasons! Wonder if they still have Brian Sipe’s phone number?!

22. How can Cameron Jordan be in Sants facility when their is a lockout and how can Browns call Jordan Cameron when their is to be no contact with players? I would love to hear this explanation!!!