Tebow inspires Von Miller

42nd Annual GMA Dove Awards - Show Getty Images

The last two first-round picks of the Denver Broncos were able to spend some time together on Tuesday, at the John Lynch Foundation Salute the Stars scholarship luncheon, held at Invesco Field at Mile High.

As quarterback Tim Tebow and linebacker Von Miller posed for pictures, Tebow popped the question to Miller.

You want to work out?

Per Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post, Miller said he had brought only the suit he was wearing.  Tebow said he’d provide the workout gear, so Miller accepted.

“I’ve heard all the stories about Tim Tebow, about how he’s a team guy, how he’s a leader, how he works hard, and that’s what I like to think I am, too.  To pair up with a team guy like that, I think the sky’s the limit for us,” Miller said.  “Hopefully I can make it through [the workout] with him and make it back to Dallas.”

Tebow said that he has been working out with some teammates (he wouldn’t say who has and who hasn’t attended), and he explained that he is focusing on taking snaps.

“I haven’t had one rep in the shotgun, just to make being under center the most comfortable it can be for me, and get it more comfortable than being in the shotgun,” Tebow said.  “And then just timing, checking off from one receiver to another, whether that’s throwing to receivers who are really running, or to my brother who is just standing there.  I’ve been putting in the work.”

Tebow is drawing plenty of praise for something he said to the students who attended the function, a rare instance in which anything he says contains direct criticism.

“I get sick when I hear athletes say ‘I’m not a role model,” Tebow said.  “Yes you are.  You’re just not a very good one.”

Like him or not, he’s absolutely right.

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
34 Responses to “Tebow inspires Von Miller”
  1. usdiveteam says: May 4, 2011 7:32 AM

Love it!!!

2. canetic says: May 4, 2011 7:38 AM

Tim Tebow killed bin Laden. It’s true.

3. chapnastier says: May 4, 2011 7:41 AM

I don’t understand why people hate this guy. I mean he is a goody goody but in an NFL full of Vick’s, Talib’s and Roethlisbergers (sp) he should be appreciated.

4. jedicookie says: May 4, 2011 7:49 AM

I hope this guy does well on the field. He’d be some very positive spin for the NFL as compared to so many of the other stories that get highlighted by the press.

He just seems to get it.

5. andyukbronco says: May 4, 2011 7:51 AM

Tebow is a class act.

6. bucsballer says: May 4, 2011 7:59 AM

Lmao I love that quote

7. mike83ri says: May 4, 2011 8:00 AM

How can you not love this guy?

8. tonyinjax says: May 4, 2011 8:06 AM

and another great quote from Timothy Richard,

“You will never see any player in the entire country who will play harder than I will play the rest of the season,” he said. “And you will not see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody for the rest of the season, and you will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season.”

and then he realizes that he’s playing for the Broncos…….

9. gypjet says: May 4, 2011 8:10 AM

Tebow seems like a nice guy, but for his sake, I hope his talent catches up with all the hype/buzz/exposure.

10. berniemadoffsides says: May 4, 2011 8:14 AM

He’s going to be great for Denver. If you’re a great leader and have relentless work ethic, you will be a success at anything you do.

11. kevinfromphilly says: May 4, 2011 8:21 AM

“Tebow said he’d provide the workout gear, so Miller accepted.”

Until he found out that the “workout gear” was a speedo and a jar of Vasoline.

12. jpiro says: May 4, 2011 8:31 AM

If this article is about Tebow, what’s with the photo of Don Johnson?

13. capbam says: May 4, 2011 8:48 AM

Tommy Boy quote — “Hmmm, he seems like a nice guy!”

14. zoxitic says: May 4, 2011 8:57 AM

Sincere question. When Tebow said, “There’s only one person who carries the ball right
    here” As a teammate, doesn’t that offend you?

15. jbaxt says: May 4, 2011 9:01 AM

As a fan of another AFC West team, I can only hope Denver keeps this guy as their starting QB. It ensures that the AFC West will be a 3 team race and Denver will continue to live in the gutter.

16. lennydpocketqb says: May 4, 2011 9:11 AM

“Popped the question”. Love it.

17. sterilizecromartie says: May 4, 2011 9:32 AM

The one bright shop for Denver that came out of the Josh McDaniels disaster – Tim Tebow.

18. sonvar says: May 4, 2011 9:59 AM

Very wise quote. Now that I’m not being flooded by Tim Tebow everything in college football I’m willing to admit that this he is definitely a high quality guy to have in a locker room. Though I’m not sure how successful he will be as a QB you do know he’ll always try his hardest.

19. dwoofer says: May 4, 2011 10:08 AM

Go, ‘Bow !!

20. myeaglescantwin says: May 4, 2011 10:10 AM

I cant understand how some fans can say this guys is not a NFL starter.. All he does is win. He finds a way, never makes excuses only makes plays.

OK i get that he’s a goody good, but this dude is a work horse. They had to tell him to stop working out with the LBs @ FL. .

Now i’m not really a fan of Tebow, but I’m not ignorant enough to deny his talent or work ethic.

When you have a person that can motivate his team and rally other players with his attitude and gameplay, you have a major piece of the puzzle.

21. usher716 says: May 4, 2011 10:23 AM

On the contrary, drafting a QB 2 rounds early probably was one of the biggest contributing factors to McDaniels quick exit. Love him or hate him no one can question his work ethic, but time will tell if he truly was another of McDaniels blunders. Getting rid of Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis (for Quinn), drafting Tebow in the first round…

22. zoxitic says: May 4, 2011 10:51 AM

sterilizecromartie says:
    May 4, 2011 9:32 AM

____________________________

I bet the Cleveland Brown fans were saying something similar to that years ago when they let go of Bill Belichick.

23. ffootballontwitter says: May 4, 2011 11:14 AM

I love that Tim Tebow is calling out athletes who claim they never sought to be role models while trying to boost their Twitter follower count.

Hypocrites.

24. djrando7 says: May 4, 2011 11:25 AM

jbaxt says:
    May 4, 2011 9:01 AM
    ———————————————–

So you are a fan of “another AFC West team”. Tell me again really quick….. when was the last time any other team in the AFC West has won a Super Bowl? Please tell me…I am confused. That is what I thought.

25. djrando7 says: May 4, 2011 11:31 AM

kevinfromphilly says:
    May 4, 2011 8:21 AM
    “Tebow said he’d provide the workout gear, so Miller accepted.”

Until he found out that the “workout gear” was a speedo and a jar of Vasoline.
    ——————————————–

Hey Kevin, the Eagles called and they said that you should probably not speak out loud, you are showing what team you play for.

On another note, Tebow just called, and said your GF was ok, but he has had better.

26. finsbooyah says: May 4, 2011 11:47 AM

Count me as one of the people who questioned Tebow’s ability (skills-wise) to become an effective NFL passer.

However, I’d kill to have someone with his leadership/passion/work ethic/perspective/attitude on my Fins.

27. captainwisdom8888 says: May 4, 2011 11:53 AM

Tebow is truly a class act and the fans have an undying love for him, but that’s the only reason he’s going to earn that starting job…because he is exponentially more marketable to fans than Kyle Orton. I guarantee Tebow will not out-perform the likes of Eli Manning and Jay Cutler(Like Orton did last year) but ticket and jersey sales mean more than production, right?

28. dbellina says: May 4, 2011 11:53 AM

I love how so many people hate on Tebow. That makes me root for him more, and I guarantee that it makes him work harder to prove everyone wrong.

29. thephantomstranger says: May 4, 2011 12:24 PM

I think people who hate Tebow are dissatisfied with their own lives and wish they could be like him. He did really well in the games he played last year and he’ll continue to do better as he learns more about the pro game. If anyone is going to work hard enough to translate his skills to what needs to be done to win in the NFL, it’s him.

30. jebdamone says: May 4, 2011 12:51 PM

what do you want to bet that tebow did not think of that line himself? im sure it was one of his PR guys working around the clock creating inspiring things for timmy to say.

31. hobartbaker says: May 4, 2011 12:53 PM

Miller had some second thoughts when he saw the workout gear was pink and beige with a headband and leg warmers.

32. thefiesty1 says: May 4, 2011 1:34 PM

Uh oh – Miller is going to be evangelized.

33. barterbob says: May 4, 2011 7:12 PM

JEALOUSY! That’s why there are so many Tebow haters. He is an intelligent, good lookin’ stud with more tail following around than a rock star. He doesn’t get in trouble (BMarsh, Dez) has way more heart than “crybaby” & quitter Cutler will ever have and when interviewed “talks pretty good too”! OMG he actually sounds like a college graduate!

34. djrando7 says: May 5, 2011 10:57 AM

hobartbaker says:
    May 4, 2011 12:53 PM
    __________________________________

Hey smart guy, someone already tried that. It failed. Not funny that time, and this time I yawned. Get your own lines next time, big time.