Kordell Stewart arrested in Georgia

nfl_runninqbs08_800 Getty Images

Former NFL quarterback Kordell Stewart, who fascinated football fans in a “Slash” role as a rookie before becoming an up-and-down starting quarterback, has been arrested in Georgia.

According to WSB-TV, Stewart was arrested for driving with a suspended license and failure to appear.  He was booked into the Alpharetta City Jail.

It sounds like Stewart had a speeding ticket or some other minor violation that he failed to properly resolve, which resulted both in the suspension of his license and the failure to appear.  To our recollection, it’s the first time Stewart has ever been in any trouble.

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
34 Responses to “Kordell Stewart arrested in Georgia”
  1. stairwayto7 says: May 11, 2011 6:55 PM

Kordell was accused of impersonating a QB back in the late 90′s!
    Also he was not in trouble for the Point Park incident with his “male” friend!

2. duanethomas says: May 11, 2011 6:56 PM

Ex-player so this fall’s on the owners since they took ownership of them with that letter to all players.

3. hobartbaker says: May 11, 2011 6:57 PM

Ga. police apprehended him on suspicion of being a Pittsburgh Steeler.

4. siggy00 says: May 11, 2011 7:06 PM

Sounds like he felt entitled not to pay for the ticket or show up in court. His #1 apologist John Steigerwald will probably cry.

5. rayguyreturns says: May 11, 2011 7:14 PM

“To our recollection, it’s the first time Stewart has ever been in any trouble”
    ________________________________

You must have missed the part when he used to run for his life being chased by linebackers.

6. goawayeverybody says: May 11, 2011 7:15 PM

This is extremely minor. Pig Pen got in much more trouble in Georgia.

7. scampbell1975 says: May 11, 2011 7:23 PM

HA! Been in that jail as a teenager. It’s nicer than many peoples homes.

8. boknowsvt says: May 11, 2011 7:31 PM

When I first saw the headline I thought for sure he was arrested at a rest stop on some highway.

9. allnatural32 says: May 11, 2011 7:39 PM

I wonder if Kordell cried when he got arrested!

10. winstonhussein says: May 11, 2011 7:40 PM

Dear God, please let this lockout end.

11. bengalguy says: May 11, 2011 7:45 PM

12. mountaindont says: May 11, 2011 7:59 PM

Isn`t Pacman Jones due for an arrest ?

13. habsman says: May 11, 2011 8:22 PM

“Sometimes the best team doesn’t win.”

14. istateyourname says: May 11, 2011 8:29 PM

To our recollection, it’s the first time Stewart has ever been in any trouble.

DWB!

15. ickeyshuffle says: May 11, 2011 8:41 PM

“To our recollection, it’s the first time Stewart has ever been in any trouble.”

so i guess that means his boyfriend’s name is not “Any Trouble”

16. theblowtorchreview says: May 11, 2011 8:59 PM

So even former players are using the lockout as an opportunity to do stupid stuff.

Why is it that these guys can’t obey the simplest rules of society? You get a ticket, you pay the fine. Your license gets suspended, you don’t drive until you get it fixed.

17. ron7mexico says: May 11, 2011 9:31 PM

Funny. Based on past tendencies and team member histories, I would have thought his photo would have been from his Ravens days.

18. tfbuckfutter says: May 11, 2011 9:42 PM

I will eat my hat if some part of this story doesn’t involve a transvestite prostitute.

19. lgbarn says: May 11, 2011 9:46 PM

Did he have a “lady” friend passenger and did she have a 5 o’clock shadow? That’s the real question here.

20. timegambit says: May 11, 2011 9:54 PM

Ummm…I need to take care of a few tickets tomorrow.

I got busted driving through green bay with my ass hanging out the window.

You wouldn’t believe all the men that were chasing my car!…like alley cats after fish.

Then they realized I wasn’t related and went back to their staring contest. It’s bigger than the packers in that town.

That’s the town motto: If you blink, you stink!

21. Bubby Brister says: May 11, 2011 10:19 PM

“Great month for current and ex-Steelers alike….with all that has happend in the past few years with this team (aka Worthlessberger’s constant off-field problems)…..how can this be called a ” Model Organization”….what a joke”

Human beings get in trouble sometimes. Not sure if you got that memo. There are no teams in the league that avoid it completely.

There are, however, teams who specifically GO after the worst of the worst of these players just because they were born with talent. In related news, Bengalguy, how much do you pay a month on that glass house you live in?

What next? Ravens fans criticizing Steelers fans for rooting for a rapist while they have two murders on their roster? Oh wait…

22. hosmachine says: May 11, 2011 10:49 PM

Is Georgia where all Steeler qb’s get arrested. I could see if it was Maryland or New York but what “beef” does Georgia have with Pittsburgh?

23. Deb says: May 11, 2011 11:13 PM

@goawayeverybody …

Actually … no, Ben did not get into much more trouble in Georgia. Kordell was arrested, Ben was not. I’d argue that Ben made a bigger idiot of himself in Georgia. Then again, you have to be a pretty big idiot to lose your license and get yourself arrested because you couldn’t manage to take care of a simple traffic fine.

Right now I’d be thrilled if all current and former Steelers could manage to go a week without tipping the stupid scale.

24. goawayeverybody says: May 12, 2011 12:20 AM

@Deb

trouble is trouble. I did not say Ben got arrested. I said he got into more trouble. Being accused of sexual assault is more trouble than getting arrested for something puny like driving with a suspended license. Idiot.

25. goawayeverybody says: May 12, 2011 12:21 AM

Question of the week: What do Republicans and Pittsburgh Steeler fans have in common?

Answer: They’re mindless morons.

26. clownburger says: May 12, 2011 1:56 AM

HAHAHAHA!

PFT is now reporting traffic violations.

Classic!

27. brothaman1 says: May 12, 2011 2:11 AM

I just ate cheesenips and crabmeat

28. covercorner says: May 12, 2011 2:52 AM

This is not football news.

29. steeelfann says: May 12, 2011 8:38 AM

He was caught in Frick Park, not Point Park.

I’d say Stewart was one of the tops all-time in being non-clutch. I never saw a guy well up and choke and be scared as much as this guy. Almost felt sorry for him for a bit until I saw the interview where he stated that he would be likely going to the NFL Hall of Fame. And he was serious. He lost me right there.

Why are liberals so dumb?

30. Deb says: May 12, 2011 9:06 AM

@goawayeverybody …

Did you just call me an idiot? And a Republican? Is it that time of the month?

Could you not detect a lil tongue-in-cheek in my reply?

Sweetie, I really don’t think you need to tell everyone to go away; that probably happens naturally.

Try Midol.

31. minnesconsin says: May 12, 2011 9:52 AM

wow, look at all the *hilarious* gay jokes here. there’s no shortage of low-hanging fruit when it comes to kordell stewart, but i guess you guys prefer the rotten stuff on the ground.

bigotry is pathetic, grow up.

32. ArtModellsPimp says: May 12, 2011 12:26 PM

@goawayeverybody …

Good call on Deb, dude. She thinks she’s somehow immune to criticism.

33. Deb says: May 12, 2011 5:27 PM

@ArtModellsPimp …

Honey, I don’t think I’m immune to anything and probably get more, um, “criticism” than anyone on the boards … if that’s how you want to refer to calling someone an idiot without provocation. You guys jump on nearly every comment I make because I’m female, know the game, and don’t roll over for bullies. Oh yeah … and because I’m a Steelers fan. Funny thing is I respect the Browns more than you do. A team with their history deserves better fans than a guy who goes on every thread and whines about the girl like a junior high kid.

Maybe goawayeverybody will share his Midol.

34. DiscountMescan says: May 13, 2011 9:01 AM

Dude gets his team to 2 AFC Championship games and gets little respect all while shifting from QB to WR back to QB, it’s hilarious and sad at the same time.