Team PFT moves to 2-1

May13PFT

So with no real football activity (for now), we’ll fill the void with periodic updates on the PFT baseball team in the local Babe Ruth league, for kids who are 13 to 15 years old.

Last night, Team PFT pushed its record to 2-1 with a 22-3, five-inning victory.  Florio Jr. used a brand new bat to muscle a double deep into center field, hitting it farther than I have ever hit a baseball in my life, in any setting, including video games.

Stay tuned for further Team PFT updates.  Typically after a win.

And, yes, Raiders fans.  The team colors are silver and black.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Team PFT moves to 2-1”
  1. jw731 says: May 14, 2011 11:25 AM

I remember when i played Babe Ruth ball, and one game in my first two at bats, i hit a tater, and a one hop double to the fence, my third at bat i got beaned, and my mom came rushing onto the field, it was embarrassing, i just wanted to play ball. I’m sure she had good intentions, but still i just kinda looked at her, like what the hell you doing here, let the boy play and keep the pride in your heart…He’s playing because he enjoys it, and although i understand the proud pappa thing, that’s not why he is out there…

2. coleman121280 says: May 14, 2011 12:16 PM

Nice!

3. giraffesturbation says: May 14, 2011 12:36 PM

jw731 says: May 14, 2011 11:25 AM

—————————————
    Umm, awesome story, dude. You kept me in suspense the whole time!

4. mrf47 says: May 14, 2011 12:37 PM

I’m sure Dick Ebersol would also like an update on “Henway”.

5. descendency says: May 14, 2011 12:38 PM

This would be far more interesting if he were playing baseball like they do at Auburn, for pay.

(just kidding guys)

6. kyle90 says: May 14, 2011 12:54 PM

My mom used to throw bp and she’d bean me every single time. And then if I complained she’d ground me or just try to bean me again.

7. jamoe17 says: May 14, 2011 1:20 PM

My mom used to kick me in the face when I asked if I could play baseball…said it was too dangerous.

8. hobartbaker says: May 14, 2011 1:56 PM

Did the Boy Wonder find “Wonderboy”?

9. hobartbaker says: May 14, 2011 1:59 PM

Hey, if we can get caught up in the exploits of 14 year old ball players, why not try the NFL with replacement players. After a month, no one would want the old guys back.

10. oxnard4 says: May 14, 2011 4:56 PM

jai alai results???? coming soon???

11. tjacks7 says: May 14, 2011 6:57 PM

The other team gave up 22 runs and he only hit a double? Think it’s time to try out a new sport.

12. pettergriffen says: May 14, 2011 11:01 PM

THATS RIGHT!! HE SAID RAIDERS!!!!! HE COULDNT HELP BUT PAY TRIBUTE!!!

13. gregjennings85 says: May 16, 2011 10:37 AM

Baseball sucks, just as self-promotion does.