Tim Tebow shows up to Broncos’ workouts

Tim Tebow, Lamarr Houston AP

A week ago, LenDale White was wondering when Tim Tebow would show up to the Broncos’ offseason workouts. Today Tebow is there.

Lindsay H. Jones of the Denver Post reports that Tebow showed up early this morning at the South Suburban Sports Dome in the Denver area to work out with a group of Broncos players. Broncos safety Brian Dawkins is organizing the workouts.

Tebow got there an hour early and was throwing to receiver Britt Davis and tight end Dan Gronkowski. He’s also taking part in conditioning work with his teammates.

Today’s appearance is Tebow’s first at the offseason workouts.

Permalink 48 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
48 Responses to “Tim Tebow shows up to Broncos’ workouts”
  1. iamtalkingsolistenandlearn says: May 19, 2011 1:16 PM

How much is he charging for autographs today?

2. davekiid says: May 19, 2011 1:17 PM

Way to go young man.

3. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 1:19 PM

Actually this post isn’t completely right; the way I heard it, Jesus showed up for the workouts and of course Dr. Jesus (Tebow), followed!

4. b7p19 says: May 19, 2011 1:21 PM

I hope they give him a shot. We need to end all the Tebow arguments once and for all.

5. kyleortonsarm says: May 19, 2011 1:24 PM

So?

6. snaponrules says: May 19, 2011 1:24 PM

Tebust would have been there last week but he was in the middle of a pass play and had to finish his wind up.

7. belliott07 says: May 19, 2011 1:25 PM

Great, now he shows up. What the hell are the Broncos going to do after the 21st when Tebow is taken during the Rapture. Should have taken Mallett, he’ll be around for sure.

8. litterofcola says: May 19, 2011 1:27 PM

And why is this news??

9. 4evrnyt says: May 19, 2011 1:31 PM

*insert picture of Kyle Orton sticking pins in his Tim Tebow doll* and chanting tear that acl…tear that acl…

10. shackdelrio says: May 19, 2011 1:36 PM

Kordell 2.0

11. claymus1 says: May 19, 2011 1:40 PM

@ belliot07… That’s funny!! Not mean, just funny!

12. gilgafresh says: May 19, 2011 1:40 PM

Tebow > Orton

13. krow101 says: May 19, 2011 1:46 PM

Praise Jeebus.

14. baddegg says: May 19, 2011 1:49 PM

Is Orton there?

15. gilgafresh says: May 19, 2011 1:53 PM

@baddegg

per Lindsay Jones @PostBroncos
    No, Kyle Orton is not here today.

16. corchamp says: May 19, 2011 1:55 PM

Oh crap is it May 21st already?

17. hardate says: May 19, 2011 1:57 PM

What a blessing.

18. b7p19 says: May 19, 2011 1:57 PM

Well done snapon and belliot. Don’t have to agree to appreciate those two.

19. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 2:03 PM

4evrnyt says:
    May 19, 2011 1:31 PM
    ******************************************
    LOL! I understand that Orton (who’s a bachelor), isn’t attending these involuntary work outs because he’s too busy taking a class on how to change Dr. Jesus’ (Tebow), diapers!

20. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 2:07 PM

It really doesn’t matter whether or not Dr. Jesus (Tebow), winds up being an impact player in the NFL or not, because “his Lord Jesus Christ” will see to it that any team that he’s on is transformed into a winner!

Given the Bronco’s current roster, that indeed would be a “miracle” indeed!!!

21. thewhitestguyhere says: May 19, 2011 2:12 PM

belliott07 says:
    May 19 , 2011 1 :25 PM
    Great, now he shows up. What the hell are the Broncos going to do after the 21 st when Tebow is taken during the Rapture. Should have taken Mallett, he’ll be around for sure.
    ———————————————————-
    that’s funny right there!
    much respect mr. elliot

22. redstar504 says: May 19, 2011 2:14 PM

belliott07 says:May 19, 2011 1:25 PM

__________________________

Post of the day and one of the funniest things I read on here

23. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 2:16 PM

Thank GOD that I’m not a Bronco fan or live in Denver! Tebow’s constant proselytizing drives me nuts as is, much less having to hear that crapola on the local news every night.

24. capslockkey says: May 19, 2011 2:18 PM

Great picture. Although it’s probably not hard to find images of Tebow simultaneously throwing passes while blessing people with his healing touch.

25. jbaxt says: May 19, 2011 2:22 PM

From an AFC West perspective, we all hope Tebow’s the guy. Silly donkey’s!

26. hanktheking says: May 19, 2011 2:49 PM

Ohh theres PurdueMan and his Tebow-fearing posts again. For as much as PurdueMan blasts Tebow, I find it curious that he posts a comment on EVERY SINGLE PFT TEBOW POST.

You might even go so far as to say he follows Tebow “religiously”?

And just for the record, Ortons married. Purdue Man, you need to check your Broncos sources you clown.

27. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 3:08 PM

hank… if I’m a clown, that would make you a total retard.

Once Orton left the Bears, he more or less fell off of my radar. I used to work for a company based in Colorado though and have spent more than enough time there over the years to know though that I’m sure if you’re a Bronco fan you even know what brand, style and color of underwear all the Bronco’s wear. So sad.

28. mogogo1 says: May 19, 2011 3:20 PM

@purdueman
    “Retard” ain’t funny. You might want to try rising above your adversaries, rather than sinking below.

29. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 3:37 PM

mogo, well, I’ll admit that you do have a point. I can’t though believe how many morons and teenagers on these forums post personal attacks aimed at other posters, and at some point you try to make them understand that yes, it isn’t funny and that yes, the saw can cut both ways.

30. slicknick4ever says: May 19, 2011 4:28 PM

Seriously everyone… the God jokes in relation to Tebow is just immature and goes to show your envy. Why can’t people just wait and see what Tebow has to offer? I mean the guy was the best college QB ever! I just want to get people off his back and let one of the hardest working players in the league have a chance to prove himself. Tim Tebow has skills that a lot of other people don’t. Give him a chance! I have a feeling that a guy like him isn’t going to let people down. Tim Tebow is the next long term QB of the Denver Broncos. Now just sit back and wait, all of you haters! GB2

31. TheWizard says: May 19, 2011 4:35 PM

Tebow’s constant proselytizing drives me nuts

yeah, who needs that work ethic and optimism anyway….

32. baddegg says: May 19, 2011 5:09 PM

gilgafresh says: May 19, 2011 1:53 PM

@baddegg

per Lindsay Jones @PostBroncos
    No, Kyle Orton is not here today.

Thanks!

33. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 5:22 PM

I’m in So. Cal today and can truthfully report that there have been no Kyle Orton sightings anywheres out here today either!

34. thefiesty1 says: May 19, 2011 5:36 PM

35. polegojim says: May 19, 2011 5:46 PM

Tebow is going to absolutely embarrass many of you posting here, but then… you won’t enter those posts will you?

What Tim has is a positive message, whether you agree with his beliefs or not. Oh, and Jesus doesnt play football, Tim does, he’s good at it.

Miserable people hate it when others are comfortable in their own skin, and more than happy to stand up for what they believe.

Stop reading these posts and go find some joy in your life.

36. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 5:56 PM

“How did he manage to break away from preaching in some undeveloped country to show up in Denver. He needs to just keep his day job and stay out of football.” – thefeisty
    ******************************
    LOL!!! You my friend, are dead spot on!!!

Tebow’s the only quarterback in the NFL that turned down taking a playbook when given the one day opportunity in the current labor impasse. He reportedly told the Bronco’s front office: “I’ve got my playbook already right here!” (as he thumped his Bible).

37. ratbastardshanahandjob says: May 19, 2011 6:06 PM

38. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 6:23 PM

pogo… you need to lighten up a little bit yourself.

I for one am not a “Tebow-hater”; from all that I’ve read and seen of him on TV interviews and such, he’s actually a refreshingly positive kid and (since he’s not in the NFC North with my Bears), I sincerely hope that he makes it. I mean, if Trent Dilbert can win a Super Bowl, why can’t Tim Tebow?

To be successful with the Bronco’s though, the Bronco’s will need to break away from the usual pass happy AFC West and be put into a controlled offense that minimizes his limitations (arm strength and lack of experience under center being the two most critical).

Ultimately it’s going to be Elway’s call; it’s clear that Elways not sold on Orton, and I’d be surprised if Orton isn’t traded and an interim teacher/veteran like Matt Hasselback is brought in. Brady Quinn needs to go too!

I just believe in the separation of the US Constitutions separation of church and state, and feel that same way about it when it comes to professional sports (i.e., there should be a separation between church and players when it comes to public statements and proclamations).

Jesus (or for you non-Christians whomever you believe in as the ultimate authority), doesn’t get involved in world wars, much less games paid for money.

There’s simply no need or reason for any pro athlete to constantly be proselytzing. What they do in the privacy of their own homes is their business; just don’t jam your beliefs down everyone’s throat.

39. ratbastardshanahandjob says: May 19, 2011 6:27 PM

Timmy Rah-Rah’s free agency is gonna be a lot different then with other players. There is a rumor going around Islam is going to go hard after Timmy offering the 72 virgins…..

So far the best offer the born again Christians have been talking about is offering Timmy Rah-Rah a modern day version of Mary Magdalene, Jenn Sterger…….

40. docmenace says: May 19, 2011 6:28 PM

No Slicknick4ever.

No jealousy, no hater… I just shouldn’t be subjected to hearing about Jesus constantly. I don’t talk about satan to bother religious people, and no I don’t worship satan. Tebow brings it all on himself. I had to turn off a special on Reggie White because of all the personal belief crap spewing from his mouth too. I want to watch/hear about football that’s all.

41. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 6:45 PM

docm… if you pardon the expression, “AMEN!” to your post! “AMEN!”

To me religion is a deeply personal thing; if you want to do missionary work or help out the underprivalged, more power to you, but don’t use your football career as a public pulpit!

42. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 6:50 PM

“ratbastardshanahandjob says:
    May 19, 2011 6:06 PM
    Timmy Rah-Rah wants everyone to know he had a good reason for not showing up until today. He was away at vacation-Bible-school…..That and he had some lepers to cure…..”
    **********************************
    ratba… You missed a few other things Timmy’s been up to of late … like helping old lady’s to cross busy streets, regularly attending boy scout meetings, dropping off apples on the desks of schoolteachers in the area and working with local nudist camps to enlighten the residents there that they really aren’t living in the Garden of Eden!

43. gilgafresh says: May 19, 2011 6:59 PM

Man, some of you must have been going out of your way to hear Tebow speak. I’ve watched nearly every interview with him over the last year or so and probably heard him mention God once. Actual prothelytizing? Never. I’m sure he does it at his speaking engagements, but that’s a different issue and why I’m bringing it up.

For some of you that have expressed a desire to be “protected” by players’ religious chatter I have to ask you: who’s responsibility is that? The government’s? The League’s? The *NFLPA’s? Or, YOURS!?!? Again, if you’re hearing stuff from Tebow that you don’t like then I’m not quite sure why you’re still listening.

44. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 7:17 PM

Steve Garvey was ALWAYS out in the community helping the underprivileged and lending the shirt off his back to anyone who asked for his help, yet I can’t remember any time that Garvey invoked the name of Jesus (much less at the end of EVERY quote like Tebow does).

Lead by example, son; don’t preach at us and you’ll be respected and liked by a lot more people.

45. purdueman says: May 19, 2011 7:59 PM

gilg…. unfortunately there’s just no way NOT to listen to Tebow because he’s a media darling and gets a ridiculous amount of media coverage for a guy who’s still only the second string QB on a bad team.

Unless we can all resist the urge to watch ESPN’s Sportscenter or the NFL Network, we don’t have a choice but to scramble for our remotes to hit the mute button when Timmy comes on.

As to your question, if he’s smart and his agent is smart, his agent would pull him aside and remind him of the old adage that “actions speak louder than words”.

For example, there’s certainly nothing wrong with publicizing it when he for example might visit a hospital, a military base, etc.. He doesn’t need to say a word about Jesus by doing so to show everyone what a good person he is.

As soon as he starts attributing virtually everything that goes his way in life with a closing comment like “I owe it all to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior” though, he’s proselyting.

46. jaypace says: May 19, 2011 8:23 PM

When I see tebow interviews I don’t hear him talking about god and religion.

47. mempusa says: May 19, 2011 8:44 PM

Every Tebow post reminds me of middle school

48. ncjustafan says: May 21, 2011 8:31 AM

Who cares if the guy is religous, last I checked the Broncos hired him to play football. Let’s face it, he brings a lot of attention to a team that hasn’t played well since Elway was QB!