Braylon Edwards isn’t worried about trial hurting free agent stock

B. Edwards AP

Braylon Edwards may be willing to take a small discount to stay with the Jets, but he still has no idea what team he’ll wind up with in 2011.  So he asked Mark Sanchez for a little inside information.

“‘You’re the golden goose, have you talked to anybody? What’s your feeling? What’s your gut instinct?’” Edwards asked Sanchez recently, according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “He gave me what he could, saying he really wanted me back.”

Edwards recently sold his condo in New Jersey, a good indication that his future is wide open.

Adding more uncertainty for Edwards is his potential upcoming trial on DWI charges.  He expressed confidence he could win the trial and that his free agency stock won’t be adversely affected.

“I’m not the first person to get in trouble,” Edwards told Vrentas. “At the end of the day, whether it was right or wrong, it was a mistake made, a mistake learned. I don’t think it will affect it; if it does, it does, but I’m pretty comfortable with it.”

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
28 Responses to “Braylon Edwards isn’t worried about trial hurting free agent stock”
  1. ebenezergrymm says: May 22, 2011 5:34 PM

People think the owners lockout strategy is to make the players miss checks.

In reality the owners are just waiting until all the players wind up in jail.

2. skoobyfl says: May 22, 2011 5:38 PM

Ray is right, the crime rate is rising already.

3. goombar2 says: May 22, 2011 5:38 PM

Ummm… Driving while intoxicated is just plain wrong, I think society has already gone out on a limb on that one.

Could a fan of the 2012 World Champion Jets please explain why they’d want this bum on the team?

4. whatsafairway says: May 22, 2011 5:44 PM

Not even their #1 wideout and still Leon’s only willing to take a small cut to stay with the Jets.

Here I thought Trumps ego was big!

for those who may not get the “Leon” moniker, just do a search in youtube for bud and leon. Dead-ringer.

5. mikeyz6 says: May 22, 2011 5:45 PM

he is going to be a jet again, for a discount.. he is not worried

6. axlviking says: May 22, 2011 5:46 PM

If only this guy dropped his drinks like he drops passes, he wouldn’t be in this trouble in the first place.

7. cromags says: May 22, 2011 5:52 PM

He blew a 0.16 BAC, twice the limit. How does he figure he can win it?

Delusional.
    Consummate Jet.

8. borisbulldog says: May 22, 2011 6:11 PM

Wonder what kind of discount BrayBaby will give the Jets for being in top the 5 of dropped passes the last 4 years?

9. massappeal12345 says: May 22, 2011 6:19 PM

He doesn’t have to learn mistakes, he’s already good at them.

He should work at the lesson though.

10. chatham10 says: May 22, 2011 6:32 PM

He does not think the trial will hurt him because his agent told him he is the greatest.

11. thevikes85 says: May 22, 2011 6:49 PM

His ego really does not match his talent.

12. dirtytaco says: May 22, 2011 6:51 PM

Braylon’s beard blow twice the legal limit

13. dirtytaco says: May 22, 2011 6:54 PM

On another Jet note, Calvin Pace looks like an alien, 4 real

14. spankymcwanky says: May 22, 2011 7:08 PM

I’m not a pro-owner at heart, but If I had to share revenues with what seems to be an ever increasing group of criminals, I’d want to change that as soon as possible too. It’s a shame how the acts of a minority seemingly tarnishes a group as a whole.

15. gypjet says: May 22, 2011 7:13 PM

Quick, everyone head to TMZ and see how gay Tom Brady looks going down a water slide. Lol

16. zinn22 says: May 22, 2011 8:09 PM

cromags says: May 22, 2011 5:52 PM

He blew a 0.16 BAC, twice the limit. How does he figure he can win it?

Delusional.
    Consummate Jet.

—————————————————————-

My guess would be that Edwards would be challenging the constitutionality of the stop. I believe he was stopped for tinted windows, Not bad driving, weaving or even crossing lanes. The police officer must have had reasonable articulate suspicion of a crime to pull over Edwards.

I have no idea what the law is in NY regarding tinted windows or what other observations the officer made. Absent that one there are many other issues one can argue that the test for a variety of reasons. Such as something being wrong with the calibration or maintenance of the machine, the training of the officer or how the breath test was administered. There are some really good DUI attorneys that really know their stuff regarding the mechanics of the test.

But from the little I read my bet is their best chance is questioning the validity of the stop.

17. thetooloftools says: May 22, 2011 8:30 PM

My best day in the last 3 years, as a Browns fan, was the day they got rid of this jerk.

18. bbb82 says: May 22, 2011 8:38 PM

He should be worried about going to jail if anything.

19. ampats says: May 22, 2011 9:03 PM

gpyjet,

Looks to me that the MVP of the league the last two out of four seasons ( one on IR)uz is having a great time with his supermodel wife in Mexico while your mediocre QB is busy getting ready for the prom with his High School Junior girlfriend in Greenwich, CT.

The Jests only chance at at Super Bowl will be to start Greg McCleroy at QB since Sanchez is not the answer as everyone knows except the delusionsal Jests fans who fantasize about their September SB trophies .

Happy 42nd !!!

It might be nice to win the AFC East first since the Jets have only accomplished that twice in 20 years.

Yes, you made it to the AFC Championship game the past two seasons.

Please enlighten everyone what the Jets have won ??

I forgot, nyeffinjets has something on his mantle. ( Sorry bud, I couldn’t resist!)

20. tomservo24 says: May 22, 2011 9:08 PM

I don’t buy that he’s going to take a hometown discount to stay with the Jets. Once he hits the open market he’s going to sign with the highest bidder, plain and simple. He’s 27, this is his last chance at a huge payday. He’s not going to give that up to take less money from the Jets, especially since he’ll probably get cut by whatever team signs him when he messes up again. He’ll want as much money up front as possible.

In the end I think the Jets will probably end up OVERpaying him, especially if Santonio Holmes ends up signing with another team. Edwards would be their only real option left, and no doubt his agent would make them pay for it.

21. jetsarestacked says: May 22, 2011 9:30 PM

ampats

our “mediocre” qb tore up the pats in the playoffs.

you’re just upset that sanchez and the jets spoiled your 14-2 season.

stop worrying/commenting on EVERY jets related story. focus on the pats and their god awful defense and how they did absolutely nothing to address it in the draft.

22. ampats says: May 22, 2011 9:58 PM

jetsarestacked,

I guess that is the difference between the Jestfans and Pats fans. You are still celebrating making it to the AFCC only to lose while we know LY was a failure even going 14-2 because if you don’t win the SB the season is a failure while you red headed stepchildren live on a 42 year old win predicted a by a drunken QB !

Keep celebrating Jets fans, you accomplished nothing like the Pats even though we won the AFC East seven out of the last eight seasons.

Super Bowl or bust here in New England.

Playoffs are the Lombardi to the Jets fans but then again after 42 years what can you expect??

23. ampats says: May 22, 2011 10:04 PM

I guess to dumb it down so you will understand you won nothing after the Steelers ran all over your team, BUT your dumb HC makes a comment that the Jests would have beaten the Packers in the SB even though they were SHUT OUT AT HOME!

Keep talking losers ! As Bart Scott said, you are a joke !

24. nyjalleffingday says: May 23, 2011 12:32 AM

@ampats

Hey buddy, haven’t seen you around in a while! Have you found out yet that a bicentennial is a 200 year anniversary, not a 50 year one?

25. ny82jy says: May 23, 2011 1:10 AM

@ampats

Seriously get a life. All you do is make dumb comments on every single jets article. You are so ignorant its disgusting!

26. dolfan8385 says: May 23, 2011 2:14 AM

The fact the he basically blows this situation off by saying “other people get in trouble”, then follows that semi retarded statement with the keeper.. “whether I was right or wrong????!!!”. Further lets me know he doesn’t get it. As a Dolphins fan Braindead Edwards, I am in your corner. I want you to stay with the Jets to.

27. brownsclown says: May 23, 2011 7:09 AM

With this clown the best thing that could happen would be a ‘lock in’, let’s say for about 30 days.

Maybe that would mature him.

This idiot is the ultimate diva. Poor attitude, poor route running, poor hands, big ego.

28. CKL says: May 23, 2011 8:45 AM

Anyone who is about to go on trial and says something lame like “WAHHH OTHER PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS TOO!!!1!!!!!” has learned nothing…zero…zilch…nada. As long as he has that attitude he will continue to feel he’s above the law and behave accordingly.