Lorenzo Alexander gives firefighting a try

Green Bay Packers v Washington Redskins Getty Images

At a time when guys like Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco are riding bulls, another player is riding a fire truck.

Redskins linebacker Lorenzo Alexander has tried his hand at firefighting.

The full report appears on the FOX 5 website in D.C.  It’s worth a look.  Especially since not much else is happening.

Then again, we say nothing else is happening.  But we’re still posting 30-plus stories per day.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Washington Redskins
8 Responses to “Lorenzo Alexander gives firefighting a try”
  1. nvr4gt12 says: May 23, 2011 7:42 PM

thats a real person. he isnt riding bulls or pretending to play soccer just to be in the head lines. He is trying something real that helps people.

2. dolfan59 says: May 23, 2011 7:49 PM

It’s your job to post stories. Even if you have to make sh*t up. Besides, you’re probably making Gregg do most of the work and you posting it, using your name. Slacker, 30 stories a day.

3. raiderapologist says: May 23, 2011 8:11 PM

Then again, we say nothing else is happening. But we’re still posting 30-plus stories per day.

Yeah, but they aren’t good stories. The only positive thing about this lockout is watching PFT trying to give us a reason to hit the page. I hit it daily out of respect for past work, but it’s not easy.

4. dbellina says: May 23, 2011 8:19 PM

Maybe Danny Watkins could show him the ropes.

5. raiderapologist says: May 23, 2011 8:20 PM

It’s probably just me, but LiteSpeed web server seems to hate Firefox. I have to use Google chrome just to read this site.

6. whatswiththehate says: May 23, 2011 10:01 PM

nvr4gt12 says:May 23, 2011 7:42 PM

———————–
    Every heard the saying, “to each is his own.”

I guess if it was your life long dream to do something you wouldn’t do it cause you’d be worried that jealous people will paint everything you did as trying to gain attenion..Ocho is doing what makes him happy and so is Alexander.

Sick of these small-minded sports media fools telling me how to feel about these athletes like someone died and left them bosses.

7. canadianvikingfaniii says: May 23, 2011 10:18 PM

Good luck bud, I very much enjoy it, I wouldn’t trade any career for it. And if it isn’t not for you, it’s a hell of an experience for you to have that most people won’t be able to say they have had.

8. topeka1978 says: May 24, 2011 1:38 AM

Whether the NFL players are doing something productive, such as substitute teacher/firefighting or something fulfilling to themselves at least they are staying active. It could be worse as you can see them in trouble with the law.

I say that we should all start doing crime every Sunday until the lockout ends, Ray Lewis thinks that crime rate will go up. I guess he is just trying to compensate for the fact that his paycheck will be going down and the fans will have more money not having to buy the expensive stuff at the stadiums.

I’m just saying but I am no expert.