Bills to unveil new uniforms on June 24

O.J. Simpson of the Buffalo Bills in action Getty Images

During the lockout, many NFL teams are trying desperately to create the perception that business is occurring as usual.

In Buffalo, the effort to stay the course includes an official unveiling of the team’s new uniforms on June 24.

The four-hour event — yes, four hours — at Ralph Wilson Stadium will feature all sorts of things.

Except, of course, current players.

And that raises a key question.  Given the lockout, who will be walking out in the new uniforms?  Jim Kelly?  Thurman Thomas?

Scott Norwood?

Either way, there shouldn’t be a lot of suspense as June 24 approaches.  The design inadvertently was leaked by the folks at EA in a promotional video for Madden.  It looks to be an updated version of the ’70s white helmets with the running blue bull and the red streak, with blue home jerseys and white pants.

Maybe O.J. can get a weekend furlough to model the retro duds.

Permalink 41 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
41 Responses to “Bills to unveil new uniforms on June 24”
  1. txchief says: Jun 2, 2011 9:12 AM

Probably the best thing that will happen to the Bills this year. I’m looking forward to seeing the new duds. Those retro uniforms they’ve been wearing lately are atrocious.

2. jw731 says: Jun 2, 2011 9:16 AM

4 hours of Victoria’s secret models, yes most would watch…..15 minutes at a time…..4 hours to look at an octogenerian smiling while that young whipper snapper in marketing enveils the the new uniforms seems lame…But then again, this is Buffalo, remember when they signed TO, and the madness that ensued. Maybe the Bills realize, better than anyone else, that people in Buffalo need something, anything to do….

3. rabidbillsfan says: Jun 2, 2011 9:21 AM

Blue Bull? Its a Buffalo you tool.

4. comeonnowguys says: Jun 2, 2011 9:28 AM

They look good. Hated the previous version with the all dark-blue.

OK, Seattle you’re on the clock. Bring back the blue and green.

5. realitypolice says: Jun 2, 2011 9:45 AM

Ralph Wilson and Buddy Nix will be modeling the uniforms.

They feature polyester slacks with white belts and shoes with velcro closures.

The jersey will resemble a nice comfy cardigan.

6. howiefeltersnatch says: Jun 2, 2011 9:50 AM

Not Scorewood

7. jesse1834 says: Jun 2, 2011 9:55 AM

Too bad the screen shots of the new madden game already leaked them out.

8. usmutts says: Jun 2, 2011 10:04 AM

Their uniforms have looked like mis-matched Goodwill stuff for a long time. I hope the new ones will be classy.

It’s not Seattle that needs to be on the clock, though. It’s Cincinnati. Those Halloween costumes they call uniforms are disgusting. My wife, who knows nothing of football, walked by the TV one time, looked at the Bengals, and burst out laughing.

9. paulieorkid says: Jun 2, 2011 10:13 AM

Teams like the Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys, Bears, Dolphins, have classic looks that are timeless …. looks that have lasted 40 years plus, and counting.

The Bills change their uniform at a pace that rivals Baskin Robbins’ flavor-of-the-month. Not a real good sign for the Bills.

10. txchief says: Jun 2, 2011 10:21 AM

What do they call the new shade of blue, “Toronto teal?”

11. tdk24 says: Jun 2, 2011 10:35 AM

“Lace’s out!”

12. Deb says: Jun 2, 2011 10:38 AM

Soooo … how much does it cost to roll out new uniforms? Gee, I thought profits were down. How can they afford it? :roll:

13. thephantomstranger says: Jun 2, 2011 10:45 AM

rabidbillsfan says:
    Jun 2, 2011 9:21 AM
    Blue Bull? Its a Buffalo you tool.
    ______________

A male buffalo is called a bull (although there does seem to be some controversy about this). I’m not sure how the logo makes it obvious that it is a male buffalo.

14. cleanslaton says: Jun 2, 2011 11:01 AM

How the hell is a ‘Bill’ a Buffalo anyway? Why didn’t they go with Buffalo Bison or Buffalo Buffaloes? Explain.

15. MichaelEdits says: Jun 2, 2011 11:16 AM

TMQ would note that their original color scheme of red white and blue is, not to put too fine a point on it, the most successful color scheme in history. Why not go back to that? Alternately, I bet the Bucs can sell them some skin-tight orange pants really cheap.

16. plax18 says: Jun 2, 2011 11:49 AM

A buffalo is a bull, you tool

17. horatio69 says: Jun 2, 2011 11:52 AM

It’s about time. Those ridiculous all-blue uniforms with 58 stripes jammed onto the pants, the “modern” red piping and side panels, the shoulder yokes…yuck. Whoever designed that should be taken to The Hague and prosecuted for crimes against humanity.

18. someguyiniowa says: Jun 2, 2011 11:56 AM

Aren’t the Bills named after Buffalo Bill the guy that used to hunt and kill buffaloes?

19. rabidbillsfan says: Jun 2, 2011 12:05 PM

The Bills are actually named after “Buffalo” Bill, from the old west. He received his nickname from railroad workers in Kansas, whom he provided buffalo meat to.

@thephantomstranger

Actually, Buffalo is a species of animal. Bull refers to a non-castrated form of cattle. However it could also be a Steer, which is a castrated form of cattle.

20. rabidbillsfan says: Jun 2, 2011 12:06 PM

@plax18

See above…

21. thephantomstranger says: Jun 2, 2011 12:34 PM

rabidbillsfan says:
    _______________

Hmmm…yes, I’m aware that buffalo is an animal species. Was I suggesting otherwise?

According to dictionary.com, bull can be applied to animals other than cattle (e.g., bull moose, bull elephant).

The third definition of bull is “a large, solidly built person.” Think the opposite of Gregg R.

22. breeshasabush says: Jun 2, 2011 12:34 PM

someguyiniowa says:
    Jun 2, 2011 11:56 AM

———————-

No they’re named after Buffalo Bill the Serial Killer in silence of the Lambs. “it puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again”

23. dexterismyhero says: Jun 2, 2011 1:04 PM

new unis……they will still be the Bills though….last place in AFC East..

BTW: good one to breeshasabush

24. EJ says: Jun 2, 2011 1:12 PM

Definitely the best looking Bills uniform yet. (already seen the uni’s two months ago)

I heard Andre Reed and Steve Tasker(two Buffalo greats) will be “modeling” the uniforms during the event. I can’t wait till the official unveil the 24th, It will be awesome!

Go Bills!!!!

25. tombradysponytail says: Jun 2, 2011 1:17 PM

wow, y’all are commenting on a story about Buffalo getting new uniforms. Here’s to hoping the lockout ends soon and y’all get a life.

26. readysethike says: Jun 2, 2011 1:24 PM

I think this is a good look for them. Bengals should reconsider their uniforms too

27. jgrange says: Jun 2, 2011 1:32 PM

I love the old school looking Bills uniforms from OJ’s heyday. I hope they don’t look too far from those as I’ve always thought that was a classic looking uniform. I don’t understand why they thought to change ever change that.

The Chargers should’ve never gotten rid of the powder blues but they’ve smartened up and came back to those.

I also think the Patriots should bring back the 3-point stance Paul Revere.

28. thephantomstranger says: Jun 2, 2011 3:45 PM

tombradysponytail says:
    Jun 2, 2011 1:17 PM
    ________________

Interesting southern accent from someone who purports to be from New York or Rhode Island but drops hints that he’s in Minnesota. Who are you, tombradysponytail?

29. tombradysponytail says: Jun 2, 2011 4:41 PM

thephantomstranger says:
    Jun 2, 2011 3:45 PM
    tombradysponytail says:
    Jun 2, 2011 1:17 PM
    ________________

_________________

If you must know, and I don’t know why you would, but whatever… I grew up in Dothan, AL, son of a Army Helicopter pilot, went to school at Vandy, live in Weekapaug, Rhode Island and commute by train to my job in New York.

Why you care is beyond me, but there you go.

30. thephantomstranger says: Jun 2, 2011 5:06 PM

tombradysponytail says:
    Jun 2, 2011 4:41 PM
    thephantomstranger says:
    Jun 2, 2011 3:45 PM
    tombradysponytail says:
    Jun 2, 2011 1:17 PM
    ________________

_________________

Why you care is beyond me, but there you go.
    _________________

Really? I used to vacation at the Weekapaug Inn and I happen to know that the nearest train station is in Westerly, which is a 15-minute drive from Weekapaug. The train to New York is then about a 3-hour ride. That’s quite a commute.

31. tombradysponytail says: Jun 2, 2011 6:09 PM

@thephantomstranger says:Jun 2, 2011 5:06 PM

__________

Really? You stayed at that dive? Let me know if things turn around for you and I’ll set up with some nice classy (but small) resorts on the beach.

And, yes, it is quite a commute, that’s why I keep a small studio apartment in the city. It’s not in a great part of town, but I’m trying to keep costs down.

32. phantomthebusybody says: Jun 2, 2011 6:17 PM

thephantomstranger says:Jun 2, 2011 5:06 PM

tombradysponytail says:
    Jun 2, 2011 4:41 PM
    thephantomstranger says:
    Jun 2, 2011 3:45 PM
    tombradysponytail says:
    Jun 2, 2011 1:17 PM
    ________________

_________________

Why you care is beyond me, but there you go.
    _________________

_____________

Seriously man, why do you care? Aren’t there some spelling or grammatical errors in a post somwhere that you can corret? Your like the male version of Deb.

33. stairwayto7 says: Jun 2, 2011 6:34 PM

Introducing the new uniforms will be the new Bills,,the Toronto Argonauts!

34. thephantomstranger says: Jun 3, 2011 9:57 AM

phantomthebusybody says:
    Jun 2, 2011 6:17 PM
    ________________

I am like Deb, minus the liberal political beliefs, life experiences that make Indiana Jones look dull, and unwavering faith in Ben Roethlisberger. We both have spitfire personalities, though.

By the way, the correct spellings are “correct” and “you’re.”

35. thephantomstranger says: Jun 3, 2011 10:12 AM

and “somewhere.”

36. phantomthebusybody says: Jun 3, 2011 11:49 AM

My first day and I’m already being screened out? wtf.

trying again…

@phantom

I’m trying to be helpful here and am 100% serious. Get a life.

37. thephantomstranger says: Jun 3, 2011 12:24 PM

phantomthebusybody says:
    Jun 3, 2011 11:49 AM
    My first day and I’m already being screened out? wtf.

trying again…

@phantom

I’m trying to be helpful here and am 100% serious. Get a life.
    ________________

Your first day? Everyone knows you’re also debthebusybody.

I’m just worried that someone has kidnapped tombradysponytail and is commenting under his screen name. Why don’t you mind your own business?

38. thephantomstranger says: Jun 3, 2011 12:44 PM

tombradysponytail says:
    Jun 2, 2011 6:09 PM
    @thephantomstranger says:Jun 2, 2011 5:06 PM

__________

___________________

I haven’t been there in several years, but it certainly wasn’t a dive at that time. It was ranked as one of the top 25 beach resorts in the world by Forbes and it was also on the National Register of Historic Places. It closed for remodeling in 2007 and has since changed owners but it’s supposed to open again soon as a year-round resort. I’m still on their mailing list.

39. breeshasabush says: Jun 3, 2011 1:27 PM

you guys arent serious are you?? BOTH OF YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!! Dont make me count to three…. ONE….TWO….

40. thephantomstranger says: Jun 3, 2011 1:39 PM

What? I’m just passionate about the Bills’ uniforms.

41. tombradysponytail says: Jun 3, 2011 2:46 PM