NFL, players continue not-so-secret talks on Tuesday

AP

It’s a question that we’ve been asking all day, from PFT Live to a smattering of radio segments.

When will the labor talks that resumed last week, without lawyers, continue?

The answer has come courtesy of Albert Breer of NFL Network.  Breer, when otherwise not lamenting the downfall of his beloved Buckeye football program, is covering the labor situation like Darrelle Revis on Fuad Reveiz.  Breer reports that talks resumed today at an undisclosed location.

The key remaining question is this:  Were the lawyers told to stay home?

Stay tuned.

35 responses to “NFL, players continue not-so-secret talks on Tuesday

1. Lets hope that the players are actually working on a counter-offer, or at least negotiating for a change.

2. Lets hope this is something that turns out to be more than a useless report that says yes they talk No nothing came of it. they meet but no deal is on the horizon.

Just once I want to read a report that says

Breaking News NFLPA and NFL have reached a deal

3. saberstud75 says:
    Jun 7, 2011 6:12 PM

A deal will be done by July 1st.

If from all indications all deal is going to be done in a few weeks, do you not think there has not been a counter offer?

Concessions have been made on both sides for the good of the game.

You pro-owner shills use the limited intelligence you have and make sense.

4. I know Albert Breer. Albert Breer is a friend of mine. You sir, are no Albert Breer.

5. SportsLawGuyGabe Feldman

Jeff Kessler reps NBPA and the artist formerly known as NFLPA. Is he in Dallas at the NBA labor talks or in parts unknown at the NFL talks?

6. “saberstud75 says: Jun 7, 2011 6:12 PM

Lets hope that the players are actually working on a counter-offer, or at least negotiating for a change.”
    ————————————————————–
    obviously they are if there have been changes made and lots of lead way

7. duanethomas says:
    Jun 7, 2011 6:22 PM
    saberstud75 says:
    Jun 7, 2011 6:12 PM

A deal will be done by July 1st.

And just from where have there been ANY indications a deal is going to be done in a few weeks?

I don’t remember seeing anything even remotely reporting that.

You pro-player (or just players) shills are suffering from “Cranial rectitus” (Head up you @ss) And Duane, yours is terminal.

8. I am glad that they are talking, but I want them to negotiate.

We will know that things are really serious when we hear that D. Smith has made some concessions.

I do not expect D. Smith to completely cave nor do I think that he should. But until D. Smith makes some concessions, it is all talk that is going nowhere – in secret or otherwise.

9. I will only be happy if any new deal includes the re-certification of the union and it becomes a LONG term (10 years or more) CBA with NO opt out clause unless both parties agree to redoing the deal. No Union means no CBA which means the players not currently in the NFL could file future anti-trust suits.

10. They are meeting at my house. It’s not going well. The NFLPA* wants Hi-C, and the owners are holding out for Sunny D. I’m only making one trip to the store…

11. These lawyers are about as crooked as a Fuad Reveiz 50 yarder into a hurricane.

12. Jeff Kessler (NFLPA Head Lawyer) is in Dallas working on NBA talks. Good news.

Operation No Lawyers

13. DeMoronthomas..

Concessions have been made on both sides for the good of the game.
    ******************************************
    saying there have been concessions on both sides must really pizz you off considering that for weeks now you have been declaring that the only way there would be football is if the owners give in( hold strong, don’t give in, yadda yadda) Now suddenly you are “pro-negotiations”? Bizarre

“I know this…they better keep the concessions coming or there will be no 2011 season. ”

“As long as the owners keep making concessions there will be a deal. Remember…No deal. No Football in 2011.”

“As long as the owners keep making concessions talks will continue to move towards making a deal for a new CBA. If not there will be no 2011 season. Remember that fact”

14. When this gets done in plenty of time for a full season to be played, which I have been predicting since before the lockout even started, will the chicken littles be relieved that they won’t miss any football or disappointed that the dramatic domesday scenarios they were all predicting didn’t happen?

15. realitypolice says: Jun 7, 2011 7:38 PM

*************************************************

16. @manderson367. I know you get all your football knowledge and information only from here, which say’s a lot….but even this site quoted a NFL and NFLPA sources who said movement has been made and a deal could come in a few after the last session of “secret” talks. Peruse different NFL related articles and sites, you might be surprised,

@vastalkerhawker.

Why would it piss me off?

I wanted the NFLPA* to negotiate a fair deal for all players and just not give into the NFL’s demands.

I didn’t want them to backdown like you did in every confrontation you have ever had.

So obviously the owners have made the right concessions and so has the players to move this thing along.

17. filkman says:
    Jun 7, 2011 7:04 PM
    I like to have an Albert Breer or two before bedtime

…..now that is freeking comedy right there…hilarious.

18. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says:
    Jun 7, 2011 7:40 PM
    @duanethomas:

Hey De Mo Reece, how’s that little “We’re at War!” thing working out for you?

I would never ever be so disrespectful to our men and women in the armed services and use a war analogy…..like you just did mental midget. Have some respect will ya….

I always use the term “Labor fight”.

Don’t be such a stupid pro-owner shill,

19. Everytime I post a comment, you dont have to counter dude, makes you look obessed or like a internet stalker.

Ya got me
    Not much else to do. So I looked for the most obnoxious “pro-player shill” I could find to stalk and you be he.

BTW..”We’re at war” was your idol’s DeMoron’s grand entrance into these “negotiations”. So I guess by your standards he is a disrespectful mental midget…but at the same time you have been just singing his praises and touting what a great man he is…so what does that make you?

20. Does any one know what Dufus dirt bag Smith did with his time off? Would it not be funny if the thing got settled while The 3′-1″ Minnie Commie Smith was off?