Steve Breaston’s lockout lament

Steve Breaston, Robert McClain AP

Several of you have pointed out a video from Cardinals receiver Steve Breaston regarding the lockout.  We’ve finally had a chance to watch it.

Breaston’s message is authentic and heartfelt, and he demonstrates an interest in the fans not as sources of potential leverage in the labor dispute but as human beings who devote their ever-shrinking money and time to following football.

Hopefully, his inspirational words will cause both sides to strengthen their apparent commitment to getting this thing done, hopefully before a July 4 holiday that would provide plenty of reasons for shooting off fireworks.

And when this thing is finally over, NFL Films may want to consider hiring Breaston to be a writer.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
10 Responses to “Steve Breaston’s lockout lament”
  1. tombradyswig says: Jun 9, 2011 11:50 PM

Breaston for Commish AND head of the NFLPA!
    Thumbs up to fire Godell and DoDo Smith

2. sfnightwriter says: Jun 9, 2011 11:56 PM

My god. This is amazing. DO they even care about me?? Is my 2 cents worth so little? Way to hit it on the head Steve.

3. dbellina says: Jun 9, 2011 11:59 PM

My fantasy football name last year was Breaston Plants.

4. kevinhello says: Jun 10, 2011 1:07 AM

This is awesome. Great job, Steve B.

5. xcountrytrevor says: Jun 10, 2011 1:50 AM

I loved this.

6. steelerfan9598 says: Jun 10, 2011 6:30 AM

Not bad. I like the Pirates hat although I think I saw a Braves hat in there too which makes no sense. Although he was probably in 1st grade when Sid Bream ruined my life(and the life of Steve’s neighbors).

7. duanethomas says: Jun 10, 2011 7:31 AM

Candy arse. Stay the course your union has you on.

8. jlb10 says: Jun 10, 2011 9:23 AM

this is GREAT! loved it and wished all the owners and all the other players would get it like steve does!

9. backindasaddle says: Jun 10, 2011 9:08 PM

That was worth less than 2 cents. Made me want to puke. The “bidness” is what puts millions in your pocket jerkoff….millions. Shut up with the disingenuous play to the fans. You’re just frustrated because you want to play the game you love and pocket more millions.

10. valman61 says: Jun 12, 2011 2:33 AM

Backindasaddle:

Your ignorant. Yes I’m sure he wants to play and earn his money, but to get on a guy just for stating a one
    Minute poem which tries to state the situation from a fans perspective is ignorant. You’re not smart, you probably belong to the tea party or a union and lack the necessary intelligence to understand anything about labor negotiations. And since you’re that mentally challenged, labor negotiation means the lockout.