Mark Tauscher unsure if he’ll continue playing football

Packers' Tauscher holds the Vince Lombardi Trophy and his son Maxwell after the Packers defeated the Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington AP

Mark Tauscher, who has played all eleven of his NFL seasons in Green Bay, says he’s not sure if he will continue to play football in 2011.

He’s under contract for $4.1 million next year, but it seems next to impossible that the Packers will pay that number.  Perhaps the Packers would give Tauscher a chance to make the team with a reduced contract, but the longtime right tackle doesn’t sound like he was sure he would even try to play.

“You know, I haven’t really figured out what I’m going to do yet,” Tauscher told Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel on Friday at a charity golf event run by Greg Jennings.

Tauscher will just focus on getting healthy for now.

“Honestly I’m just rehabbing my shoulder and trying to play some golf,” Tauscher said. “When the lockout ends I’m sure I’ll get things figured out, one way or another, and see where we’re at.”

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
15 Responses to “Mark Tauscher unsure if he’ll continue playing football”
  1. wozzmann1955 says: Jun 10, 2011 12:40 PM

Taush is a smart man,he could run for Governor in Wisco and win in a landslide.This guy is all Wisco all the way.You think he’s gonna sign with another team so he can prove Ted Thompson made a mistake not having him back?Mark is no fool

2. shaggytoodle says: Jun 10, 2011 1:16 PM

I would be happy for Tauscher no matter what he chooses. I think most of Wisconny would be happy for him winning a superbowl, and even more happy that it happened while he was wearing the green and gold.

3. goombar2 says: Jun 10, 2011 1:25 PM

Well, he’s got one ring and his replacement is already on the roster. It’s not that I don’t care, because I really like Tausch and everything he represents.

Just hope if he decides to retire he does. He’s just a better guy than to pull a Favre fiasco. Although it wouldn’t cause as much of a disturbance the Pack doesn’t need it.

But it sure would be nice to have the depth a guy like Tausch could offer.

4. claymath52 says: Jun 10, 2011 2:28 PM

Ride of into the sunset, big fella, as a Super Bowl Champ.

5. clawledge says: Jun 10, 2011 3:15 PM

Or return for one more year and retire as a Super Bowl Champ.

6. kevishu says: Jun 10, 2011 3:15 PM

I’ve always like Tauscher. Never a whiner. He just did his job, and did it very well for many years. I’m so glad he finally got to win a Superbowl with the Packers. I hope he decides to go another season, but if not, I wish him well in his post-NFL life!!

7. bsreimer says: Jun 10, 2011 3:35 PM

Shoulder rehabilitation and playing golf? Hmmm

8. stavreafavre says: Jun 10, 2011 3:37 PM

Tauscher actually applied himself to academics while in college and is much better prepared for life after football than most of his peers are. He’ll do very well and will always be thought of as a hometown hero by Badger and Packer faithful. Thanks Mark!

9. tramonisland says: Jun 10, 2011 4:53 PM

he basically played coach last year and i am certain teddy will find a permanent spot for him on the coaching staff this year. tausch is a class act. love the guy.

10. accdon says: Jun 10, 2011 5:06 PM

Tauscher being a Wisconsin guy should remember how Al McGuire is viewed and he knows how #4 is viewed, pretty easy choice, seashells and balloons

11. britishraven says: Jun 10, 2011 5:24 PM

Apart from Baseball, Golf is probably the worst thing you can do if re-habbing a shoulder

12. henrypuppyhead says: Jun 10, 2011 5:47 PM

Hopefully he replaces Campen.

13. sincitycheeze says: Jun 10, 2011 10:31 PM

This guy lived the boyhood dream of myself and most of the guys from my neighborhood growing up in So. Wis.. Born and raised in Wis.,Play and for the Badger’sand IFIRC win a Rose Bowl,Play for the Pack and win a Super Bowl. Life can’t get much better than that. Thanks for the great Football Memories Tausch.

14. axespray says: Jun 10, 2011 11:07 PM

I’m so glad we got Clifton/Tauscher/Driver some rings before they begin to retire.

15. gregjennings85 says: Jun 13, 2011 12:42 PM

$4 million for a veteran backup for one year is not out of the question. He’s a coach on the field, as this point, too.