Tebow’s book debuts at No. 6 on bestseller list

T. Tebowwalmart

Tim Tebow still has to prove he can win games as a starter in the NFL, but he has proven that he can move product as an author.  (Or a co-author of an autiobiography, at least.)

Tebow’s book “Through My Eyes” debuted at No. 6 on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction bestseller list just behind Tina Fey’s book and the oral history of ESPN.  (Both of those books have been out longer.)

Tebow scored well compared to recent football releases.  Rex Ryan’s book started a No. 11 on the same list, Sean Payton’s book hit No. 8 last year, and Drew Brees started at No. 3.  (Pete Carroll’s book “Win Forever” came in somewhere lower than all of the above.)

The sales for Tebow’s book were undoubtedly helped by insanely big book signings, like the one in a Gainesville WalMart pictured here from his management.

Permalink 35 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
35 Responses to “Tebow’s book debuts at No. 6 on bestseller list”
  1. downsouth49er says: Jun 11, 2011 1:35 PM

Did Rex Ryan’s book have any footnotes?

2. macker1283 says: Jun 11, 2011 1:35 PM

I think thats actually a pretty disappointing debut. Given how religious this country is and given how popular Tebow is, I would have thought it would start in the top slot. Tina Fey’s book has been out for over a month and she’s hated by half the country and shes higher??

3. 4evrnyt says: Jun 11, 2011 1:41 PM

Book signing at a Walmart roflmfao!! I mean seriously! Walmart!?

/picks himself off the floor

Oh man, sometimes I need a little reminder like this of why I love white trash so much. They just try so hard and their failures are always so hilarious.

4. hobartbaker says: Jun 11, 2011 1:41 PM

For those who don’t want to buy the book, I think Tebow’s life has been documented in it’s entirety, on film, since he was 12 or so. “The Chosen One” and various sequels.

5. macjacmccoy says: Jun 11, 2011 1:41 PM

Actually it was somewhere in the middle of the others at #7.

6. mrbigass says: Jun 11, 2011 1:58 PM

Why in the world would anyone want to read whatever he’s got to say? Or the rest of those yaa-whos for that matter.

If Tebow and Snooki (and yes, I rank these two pretty close) can write a book, so can I. But watch out, it ain’t gonna be pretty…….

7. rujax206 says: Jun 11, 2011 1:58 PM

Yuck.

8. canetic says: Jun 11, 2011 2:00 PM

If he prayed harder he could have been #1.

9. iflounder says: Jun 11, 2011 2:07 PM

i guess the god-fearing people in middle america he’s trying to exploit can’t afford the money to buy his self-righteous dribble right now due to tornadoes and floods. great timing in trying to use those people to line your pockets by dropping god’s name.

10. screwuhowardschultz says: Jun 11, 2011 2:20 PM

4evrnyt says:
    Jun 11, 2011 1:41 PM
    Book signing at a Walmart roflmfao!! I mean seriously! Walmart!?

/picks himself off the floor

—————————————

really dude? you find a book signing at a Walmart that hilarious?! Let me guess, you’re going out to watch Carrot Top perform somewhere tonight

11. cornellsteelers says: Jun 11, 2011 3:05 PM

Reading comments on Tebow posts here always reminds me of the saying that you can always judge someone by their enemies.

12. MVQB7 says: Jun 11, 2011 3:13 PM

Want a real football book ? Buy Pat Kirwan’s book “Take Your Eyes Off The Ball”. Leave this one for the bluehairs in the full length floral print dresses.

13. Justin says: Jun 11, 2011 3:21 PM

Man I hate Tebow! If he ever met me he would probably shake my hand, ask my name and be nice and talk to me. What a Douche!

14. canesfan56 says: Jun 11, 2011 3:30 PM

Being a Hurricane alumnus and fan I have always hated the Gators. Nonetheless I can’t help but love Tim and what he stands for.

15. gdeli says: Jun 11, 2011 3:35 PM

cha ching!

16. descendency says: Jun 11, 2011 3:39 PM

Does it have Tebow’s quotes in red?

17. hedleykow says: Jun 11, 2011 3:49 PM

I used to think selling cardboard Jesuses on a stick was the cheesiest thing I ever saw.

Now this.

18. hitdog042 says: Jun 11, 2011 3:57 PM

Yeah the Tebow hate is hilarious. Whoever hates him prob gives zero to society. Don’t be surprised when Teboe donates every dollar made from the book you losers.

19. discosucs2005 says: Jun 11, 2011 4:00 PM

I still don’t particularly like him, and I think only crazy people believe that he is going to be a good QB. But you can’t argue with the good sense to find an alternative way to stay fiscally comfortable during a lockout. Although, you have to be pretty arrogant to write an autobiography at his age.

20. nationalmediacansuckit says: Jun 11, 2011 5:35 PM

It’s pretty creepy this many people, especially Gator fan, finds a 23 year old kid this fascinating. I’ve actually had conversations with Gator fans about Tebow and it’s scary the obsession they have with him. Meanwhile Tebow’s laughing all the way to the bank.

21. screamingsheep69 says: Jun 11, 2011 6:28 PM

Has total sales passed Quarterback of the Future?

22. dryble says: Jun 11, 2011 6:48 PM

Well below Kenny Powers’ “You’re F’n out, I’m F’n in” but not too bad I guess

23. granadafan says: Jun 11, 2011 7:01 PM

The religious fundamentalists infecting the Tea bagging party would snatch this book up… if they knew how to read.

24. Brian says: Jun 11, 2011 7:42 PM

Granted I haven’t read Tebows book yet. It might be contrived, and it may be he’s just in it for the money. It does seem early for an autobiography. But knowing Tebow has grown up on the mission field and has actively worked as a young man to help people in need, I wouldn’t dismiss his book out of hand. It’s also possible Tebow’s book will serve as a good example to many young people, most of whom will never become an NFL Hall of Famer either.

Either way, I hope the book has some good stuff in it for the young people who will undoubtedly read it.

Of course, I’m probably a religious fundamentalist. And despite the fact I have a rather large library of scholarly works and have even studied Greek and Hebrew, I’m supposedly illiterate. So what do I know?

25. dcarlock says: Jun 11, 2011 8:43 PM

Why do so many of you hate this kid so much? Is it because he is a good person, handsome, works hard? Oh, I get it,,,you are jealous (LOL)!!!

26. ratbastardshanahandjob says: Jun 11, 2011 9:01 PM

I just wanted to say. I am truely blessed (pointing up at the sky) being able to read another story about Timmy Rah-Rah……

27. skins3yearplan says: Jun 11, 2011 9:12 PM

And how many of the Tebow haters are fans of Mike Vick? Reading some of these comments makes me worry about the future of our country.

28. TheWizard says: Jun 11, 2011 10:00 PM

Couldn’t hold your own on the political forums, eh?

29. hedleykow says: Jun 11, 2011 11:52 PM

@Brian

Reading isn’t everything. Comprehension in reading seems to be the bigger obstacle to smarter ways. The ability to comprehend that planet earth is more than a few thousand is surprisingly a huge challenge to many people. How do you not make fun of that mentality? It is bizarre and hilarious.

30. reddskeletor says: Jun 12, 2011 12:11 AM

I’m wondering how many of those teabaggers (like TheWizard) are infecting this forum. Tebow seems like a nice guy, but some of his fans are nuts.

31. jbpanthers says: Jun 12, 2011 1:04 AM

The Tebow cult.

32. blackbelt4d says: Jun 12, 2011 1:43 AM

This doesn’t make any sense.

Hasn’t the Bible been around a little too long to be considered debuting this week?

33. stonedwhitetrash says: Jun 12, 2011 6:59 AM

The first thing that the bible thumping elite teach their promising offspring is how to blow smoke up peoples asses.

34. TheWizard says: Jun 12, 2011 9:56 AM

I never bring politics here with my posts.

I will, however, respond to vulgar insults.

35. slicknick4ever says: Jun 15, 2011 5:09 PM

It’s actually a really good book. I’m a little over halfway through it and it’s interesting to see how much he’s worked and to hear his stories about game situations.
    For those who still want to make fun of his religious beliefs then maybe you won’t want to read because yes he does mention God.
    Oooohhhh I said it, everyone now is mad because I mentioned God, that or scared because they don’t know what they believe in for their own life.
    Get over the jokes people, it’s immature and just old….
    If you don’t believe in God, then it’s whatever, but you don’t have to go around to every Tim Tebow story making jokes about him.
    That’s all.

But if you want a good read, then get this book because it’s actually really good.