Skip to content

Chargers won’t be selling majority stake to AEG

ChargersStadium Getty Images

Last week, AEG’s Tim Leiweke said that five teams have been targeted for possible purchase and relocation to Los Angeles.  One member of that quintet was the San Diego Chargers.

Shortly thereafter, the Chargers removed a 36-percent share of the team off the market.  And plenty of you who like to read between the lines have suggested that 51-percent or more of the team could be purchased by AEG.

Not so, reports Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union-Tribune.  Said Chargers special counsel Marc Fabiani, “If AEG is seeking a majority stake in the team, it would probably be best for AEG to cross the Chargers off his wish list.”

Of course, this could prompt plenty of you who like to read between the lines to conclude that the Chargers could move to Los Angeles without a majority interest in the team being purchased by AEG.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
2 Responses to “Chargers won’t be selling majority stake to AEG”
  1. jcdurden88 says: Jun 14, 2011 6:44 AM

    SAN DIEGO CHARGERS BABY!!

    SAN DIEGO ….

  2. chocopoppy says: Jun 14, 2011 10:10 AM

    I’m doubting AEG is going to all this trouble to simply be landlord stadium owners.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!