Keith Bulluck wants to play for one of three teams

Keith+Bulluck+bnKsv7_vfX8m Getty Images

Veteran linebacker Keith Bulluck, who spent 10 seasons with the Titans before joining the Giants in 2010, wants to add a 12th season to his NFL resume.  And he has three teams for which he’d like to play.

Bulluck listed his preferences in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

“First and foremost, New York because they gave me an opportunity to come and continue my career, really get healthy, where I needed to be,” Bulluck said. “Detroit.  I like what [coach Jim] Schwartz is doing up there.  Last year, I wasn’t prepared physically to play and do the things that they would need me to do, but now I feel I am.  New England is always veteran-friendly, and I know, every year, they’re in contention of winning.

“Like I say, I want to win, really.  At this point in my career, financially, me and my family are fine.  But I definitely would like to be in a position to play myself into maybe possibly being one of the top-paid linebackers in the league again.  Definitely one of the top players in the league.”

Bulluck played for Schwartz in Tennessee, where Schwartz worked for multiple years as defensive coordinator before becoming the head coach in Detroit.

Last year, Bulluck appeared in 13 games, starting eight.  He had 21 tackles, 10 assists, and two interceptions.  At one point in his career, Bulluck started every game for seven straight seasons.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans
11 Responses to “Keith Bulluck wants to play for one of three teams”
  1. flipadelphia says: Jun 14, 2011 9:03 AM

Last year Bulluck snubbed his nose when someone asked him about playing in Detroit.

Looks like he’s had a change of heart after seeing what the Lions D-line might be capable of.

Hopefully Schwartz can find someone younger and better once FA opens up, but if not I wouldnt be against bringing in Bulluck.

2. dawkinseffect says: Jun 14, 2011 9:18 AM

Wait…a player WILLING to go to Detroit?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THE LIONS SIGN HIM!

I’m not a Lions fan, but you have to feel bad for them after all these years.

3. Judge Smails says: Jun 14, 2011 9:18 AM

Well….PICK ‘EM UP!

4. johnnycash19 says: Jun 14, 2011 10:02 AM

dawkinseffect says: Jun 14, 2011 9:18 AM
    ————-
    DAWK is it really you? From EA?

Anyways I don’t think he’s going to Detroit, Detroit will probably sign Tulloch before they sign Bulluck. Bulluck is old and had that ACL injury, he may want to play for Detroit but I don’t think Detroit wants him. How many times can you say that?

5. prior0knowledge says: Jun 14, 2011 10:10 AM

That is the dream of all top veteran players, “Play for a contender.” Haven’t we heard that one before. Almost as much as we hear an over-the-hill cut player wanting to prove they still have another year in them.

When they were young, they ruthlessly squeezed teams for the most money. Now they get older and want to play for a contender. To win a super bowl before they retire. But the contenders already have younger players at their position that already know their system. If they want to play at all, they will have to take whatever team that needs them the most. They shouldn’t restrict their market.

6. joetoronto says: Jun 14, 2011 10:55 AM

You’ll play where you’re told to play, son.

7. CKL says: Jun 14, 2011 10:58 AM

dawkinseffect says:
    Jun 14, 2011 9:18 AM
    Wait…a player WILLING to go to Detroit?
    ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
    I’m not surprised. I have said before that quietly Schwartz may become the best HC the BB tree has ever had. And players who have had success under a coach already have a step up because that coach knows what they are good at and not so good at already and can use them accordingly.

I’m actually more surprised Bulluck described the Pats as “veteran friendly”. I know what he means (BB gives some vets on the scrapheap who have potential to play a role a chance and at times ,more than we Pats fans can understand like Burgess) but the usual line is that the Pats “don’t pay” (Moss, Randy prior to the 2010 season) and are cheap because they don’t overpay guys like Samuel.

8. rando74 says: Jun 14, 2011 3:47 PM

But I definitely would like to be in a position to play myself into maybe possibly being one of the top-paid linebackers in the league again. Definitely one of the top players in the league.”

ya me too. I’d like the opportunity to go back and play for my high school football team. Im still in good shape at 37 and I think I could help a team win a state title.

9. tedskro says: Jun 14, 2011 4:21 PM

Ha if I’m the Lions I’d say no thanks even though they desperately need help at linebacker. You would have needed to do a lot less last year than you would this season, but I don’t want a guy who has aready said no thanks to the team

10. joeyballgame4 says: Jun 15, 2011 12:26 AM

sorry keithers, bandwagon is full in detroit…keep steppin

11. amuzed2dth says: Jul 19, 2011 9:11 AM

Keith was a nice outside LB.
    He led the Titans in tackles a couple of years. He was a great team leader.
    Injury has taken a toll, he may not be the palyer he was.
    Coach Schartz is giong to get the best out of whoever he has, if Keith is there, he will be productive, but LB is tough and Keith avoided contact his last couple of years in Tennessee.

Steven Tolluch would be a good fit, maybe better suited to the middle, but he loves point of contact.

Keith is a great human being, I wish him the best.