The lockout has brought us many firsts. The latest: Eagles coach Andy Reid had time to do an online chat with Eagles fans moderated by the Philadelphia Inquirer.
While Reid didn’t break any huge news, he actually seemed a little more forthcoming than he might in front of a camera. He certainly was funnier. A few nuggets we found interesting from the session:
“I think last year LeSean showed that he could be a full-time RB and shoulder that load and we’ll continue to utilize him in that regard,” Reid wrote.
McCoy had 285 touches last year. Westbrook only topped 300 twice in his career, reaching 368 touches in 2007. It wouldn’t be a surprise if McCoy’s workload picked up in 2011.
3. On Plaxico Burress: “Plaxico was a great player in all areas of the field before he was incarcerated. … I’m sure he’s working like crazy to get himself in shape.”
4. On free agency, Reid said that they have a “couple to a handful” of guys they have targeted. This matches up with the sense the Eagles are getting ready to spend
5. On whether Michael Vick will still be the team’s quarterback in 3-5 years: “I think it’s hard to predict in the NFL three-five years down the road. I will tell you he’s our starting qb now and believe he can produce at a very high level for years to come.”
6. On whether Stewart Bradley could re-sign and play strong-side linebacker: “When you talk about our SAM LB, I think Stewart could do that. [Jamar] Chaney could do that. [Moise] Fokou has done that. Fokou and Chaney could do both SAM and WILL. Bradley, though, gives you years of experience at the MIKE.”
7. One reader asked: “How do I know this is the real Andy Reid? Tell me something only Andy Reid would know…did Donovan McNabb throw up in the Super Bowl?”
Reid’s response: “I’m on the eighth hole on my belt.”
The full chat is worth a read and has a few other funny responses, including why Reid always gets stuck playing Santa.