Seven highlights from Andy Reid’s chat with fans Wednesday

Packers Eagles Football AP

The lockout has brought us many firsts.  The latest:  Eagles coach Andy Reid had time to do an online chat with Eagles fans moderated by the Philadelphia Inquirer.

While Reid didn’t break any huge news, he actually seemed a little more forthcoming than he might in front of a camera.  He certainly was funnier.  A few nuggets we found interesting from the session:

1. Reid admitted Brandon Graham wouldn’t likely be ready for the start of the season.  Safety Nate Allen should be back.

2. Asked if LeSean McCoy would carry as big a workload as Brian Westbrook in his prime, Reid said yes.

“I think last year LeSean showed that he could be a full-time RB and shoulder that load and we’ll continue to utilize him in that regard,” Reid wrote.

McCoy had 285 touches last year. Westbrook only topped 300 twice in his career, reaching 368 touches in 2007.  It wouldn’t be a surprise if McCoy’s workload picked up in 2011.

3. On Plaxico Burress: “Plaxico was a great player in all areas of the field before he was incarcerated. … I’m sure he’s working like crazy to get himself in shape.”

4. On free agency, Reid said that they have a “couple to a handful” of guys they have targeted.  This matches up with the sense the Eagles are getting ready to spend

5. On whether Michael Vick will still be the team’s quarterback in 3-5 years: “I think it’s hard to predict in the NFL three-five years down the road. I will tell you he’s our starting qb now and believe he can produce at a very high level for years to come.”

6. On whether Stewart Bradley could re-sign and play strong-side linebacker: “When you talk about our SAM LB, I think Stewart could do that. [Jamar] Chaney could do that. [Moise] Fokou has done that. Fokou and Chaney could do both SAM and WILL. Bradley, though, gives you years of experience at the MIKE.”

7. One reader asked: “How do I know this is the real Andy Reid? Tell me something only Andy Reid would know…did Donovan McNabb throw up in the Super Bowl?”

Reid’s response: “I’m on the eighth hole on my belt.”

The full chat is worth a read and has a few other funny responses, including why Reid always gets stuck playing Santa.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
11 Responses to “Seven highlights from Andy Reid’s chat with fans Wednesday”
  1. rayvens says: Jun 15, 2011 3:26 PM

————————————

“I just picked my son(s) up from jail”.

2. ztvmid says: Jun 15, 2011 3:49 PM

hehehe so fet

3. reidstinks says: Jun 15, 2011 4:03 PM

So let’s translate what the liar Reid really said

1. Brandon won’t play this year

2. McCoy’s touches will drop below 250 this year

3. Plaxico will never play for the Eagles

4. This means there is one guy they are targeting and have not even thought of anyone else

5. Vick will never last three years the way he plays

6. Anyone can play LB. Just look at how I draft at that position.

7. My first 15 play sheet is actually a recipe for homemade hot dogs.

4. phillycheez says: Jun 15, 2011 4:13 PM

5. citizenstrange says: Jun 15, 2011 4:14 PM

Reid is good with QBs and that’s no joke.

Besides McNabb, Kolb and Vick, Reid and/or Marty Mornhinweg also got a really nice year out of Jeff Garcia for the Eagles.

6. reidstinks says: Jun 15, 2011 4:34 PM

Aw, phillycheez lives in the la la land where Reid is the greatest and how dare anyone be critical of him.

This will no be followed by the lamest argument to keep someone “who would you rather have (fill in the blank with the awful coaches)

No! Id rather have someone that can:

1. is not so stubborn that it costs two – three games a year
    2. that will run the ball
    3. has a clue how to use a time out
    4. has a clue how to use a challenge
    5. doesn’t need a bi-week to game plan
    6. would actually, just once, draft a high end LB and no I don’t mean a pathetically undersized DE that we move to LB

need I go on. The Eagles will never win a SB with this guy as the coach. And as a long time Eagles fan that pains me to write.

7. imjinbrdgr says: Jun 15, 2011 4:43 PM

“phillycheez says: Jun 15, 2011 4:13 PM

The first three comments to this article may just be the lamest I have ever read on this site.”

That’s high praise indeed!

8. phillycheez says: Jun 15, 2011 5:10 PM

@reidstinks,

I’m not defending Reid. I know all about his brain farts during games and his strategic challenges. My comment was aimed at the pathetic predictability of the fat jokes, drug addict son jokes, etc… that appear EVERY FREAKIN TIME there is an article about him.

9. tombrookshire says: Jun 15, 2011 6:14 PM

When all of your guys can play any LB position, you don’t have anyone. That about sums up the Eagles LBs. Reality is that Reid doesn’t value the position, and it is the one that breaks down and hurts them season in, and season out. Why doesn’t someone ever see things differently and do something different? Although Reid sees himself as the smartest, most cunning, and clever coach/GM in NFL history, he continues to prove he is not. Castillo’s stunning failure as DC this year will start his downfall as GM and hopefully lead to his demotion to just coach.

10. upperdecker19 says: Jun 15, 2011 6:26 PM

Heck….Reid made one of the joke himself…..

Reid’s response: “I’m on the eighth hole on my belt.”

11. touchdownroddywhite says: Jun 15, 2011 7:03 PM

No! Id rather have someone that can:

1. is not so stubborn that it costs two – three games a year
    2. that will run the ball
    3. has a clue how to use a time out
    4. has a clue how to use a challenge
    5. doesn’t need a bi-week to game plan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s how this works when you set up a list like that:

Id rather have someone that can is not so stubborn that it costs two – three games a year

Id rather have someone that can: that will run the ball

Nice command of the English language there buddy!