Raheem Brock arrested in Philadelphia

Divisional Playoffs - Seattle Seahawks v Chicago Bears Getty Images

When he last made an appearance on the NFL stage, Seahawks defensive end Raheem Brock was crank calling the Commissioner with teammate Chester Pitts.  This time around, the joke is on Brock.

According to MyFOXPhilly.com and Philadelphia Magazine, via TheBigLead.com, Brock has been arrested for walking out on a $27 check at the Copabanana.

Brock was charged with theft and resisting arrest, and he was released Friday morning without bail.

Here’s hoping that, for his jailhouse phone call, Brock didn’t call the Commissioner again.

Permalink 45 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
45 Responses to “Raheem Brock arrested in Philadelphia”
  1. lickenkittens says: Jun 17, 2011 9:21 AM

This is the owners fault. With contact with the coaching staff, these players have no way of knowing it’s wrong to walk out on your bill.

2. lickenkittens says: Jun 17, 2011 9:21 AM

oops….i meant without contact…I need contact with my English professor.

3. halo81 says: Jun 17, 2011 9:22 AM

I’m sure there’s more to it as Raheem isn’t dying for money.

He’s in Philly right now because he and a number of other NFL players originally from the area put on a FREE camp for football players to learn the game and get exposure for college.

Not saying what he did hear was right, but I give him credit.

4. thehaljordanproject says: Jun 17, 2011 9:24 AM

Who hasn’t walked out on a check on South st?

5. Topher says: Jun 17, 2011 9:25 AM

police arrest people for that?

Yes I know it is against the law but you have to believe that when the boss told the officer to arrest the guy the officer responded with, “really?”

6. realitypolice says: Jun 17, 2011 9:27 AM

A $27 dollar tab on South Street?

What did he have? An order of chicken fingers and a budweiser?

7. mhs8031 says: Jun 17, 2011 9:27 AM

It is interesting to think these guys were actually on a college campus for an extended stay. I wonder how many of them would have been accepted to the colleges they attended if it were not for football. I would go out on a limb and guess 25%, because some schools accept everyone.

8. mhs8031 says: Jun 17, 2011 9:30 AM

halo81–Really?

Al Capone gave millions to charities and the local community in the greater Chicago area. Was he misunderstood?

You have to look at the deed. Did he do it? If you think so, then I don’t want him parading around as a role model for my kid.

9. tundey says: Jun 17, 2011 9:35 AM

I have to think there’s more to the story. Why would he walk out on a $27 bill? $27!?!?

10. berniemadoffsides says: Jun 17, 2011 9:36 AM

Really, dude? $27…?

11. geo1113 says: Jun 17, 2011 9:38 AM

thehaljordanproject says:
    Jun 17, 2011 9:24 AM
    Who hasn’t walked out on a check on South st?
    ____________________

I have never walked out on a check on South St. I pay my tabs.

12. bullybirds says: Jun 17, 2011 9:41 AM

Are the arrest skyrocketing? Arrest for $27? Kenny Britt? Save us Ray Lewis!!!

13. schmitty2 says: Jun 17, 2011 9:43 AM

Maybe Ray Lewis was right. Damn him!

14. bengalsown says: Jun 17, 2011 9:47 AM

I’ve walked out on a bill before. It already took 45min to get my food, I’m not waiting another 25min to get my bill.

15. raijinnokumo says: Jun 17, 2011 9:50 AM

Shoulda gone to Barclay instead.

16. jsmayer181 says: Jun 17, 2011 9:57 AM

I’m not sure which is worse? Getting arrested over $27 or having it published that you went to a place called Copabanana…

17. hwentworth says: Jun 17, 2011 9:59 AM

This sounds like an episode of 7th Heaven. But at least that show had Jessica Biel.

18. thetooloftools says: Jun 17, 2011 10:02 AM

he just wanted to reset the “days without an arrest” tote board.

19. lostsok says: Jun 17, 2011 10:05 AM

I don’t know anything about Raheem Brock, but this entire story seems fishy. Arrested for $27? WTF?

If a person needed another reason to stay the heck out of Philly–and, let’s be honest, does anyone need another reason to stay the heck out of Philly?–this would be it.

20. 1buckeye76 says: Jun 17, 2011 10:05 AM

the rest of the league is making the Bengals look like choir boys recently.

21. duanethomas says: Jun 17, 2011 10:10 AM

Its funny how a negative post about players get so many hits and people questioning ALL players education, morals, intelligent etc……but when its positive such as Leonard Pope saving a drowning child, a few commmendable post. Just a few…….say’s something about the mentality of people on this site.

22. jw731 says: Jun 17, 2011 10:11 AM

Walking out without paying your tab……Classless
    Getting arrested over 27 dollars…..Brainless

23. hwentworth says: Jun 17, 2011 10:23 AM

Well its certainly easier to make fun of someone getting arrested for a $27 check than for saving someone’s life. The internet is all about being sardonic.

24. realitypolice says: Jun 17, 2011 10:38 AM

duanethomas says:
    Jun 17, 2011 10:10 AM
    =======================

As of 10:36 am, there have been 26 posts on this article. 6 of them criticize Brock. The other 20 concern either how stupid it is to arrest someone over this, jokes about a $27 dollar tab, or people defending him.

So what, exactly, are you talking about?

25. canjura says: Jun 17, 2011 10:40 AM

I didn’t even know it was possible to be arrested for walking out on a restaurant’s bill. At least in California, you don’t have to pay for your meal once you’ve received it because it’s was presented before paid for and therefore it’s not a requirement to pay if the patron chooses not to. At least that’s what I was told once when I was younger. I’ve worked in a restaurant for 8 years as a server and have never had it happen to me, but that is definitely something I was told. Maybe Brock thought he was in California?

26. seacolt213 says: Jun 17, 2011 10:54 AM

I’d like to know more. Maybe his server sucked and didn’t come back around to give him his check and he got sick of waiting. I know it’s no excuse, but I’ve contemplated leaving b/c my server clearly didn’t care about my table.

27. ICDogg says: Jun 17, 2011 11:22 AM

Ask bartenders and waiters – this is all too common for celebrities and especially athletes: they show up places and don’t expect to have to pay. They think their mere presence is payment enough.

28. drbob117 says: Jun 17, 2011 11:24 AM

We gotta get Raheem to come home more often…There’s like a thousand great restaurants in South Philly and he goes to the Copa?

29. vadog says: Jun 17, 2011 11:49 AM

Copabananna??? There’s a place in Philly called the Copabananna? Seriously? That’s just wrong!

30. pacificamjr says: Jun 17, 2011 11:57 AM

kinda like the cheap bastards LORENZO NEAL & DAVID BINN these CHEAP BASTARDS stiffed me on a $400 bar tab last year in La Jolla

31. jahbird says: Jun 17, 2011 11:58 AM

Anyone who walks out on any tab for anything other than gross incompetence by the staff and management is a loser and a chump.

People who do walk out because the staff sucked, don’t get arrested for it.

32. geo1113 says: Jun 17, 2011 12:07 PM

@canjura,

If the law was as you said, then all restaurants would require payment before serving. I think it is safe to assume that not patying you bill has some legal consequences in CA. It could be that a typical restaurant bill doesn’t meet the defintion of a felony.

33. conseannery says: Jun 17, 2011 12:10 PM

canjura says:
    Jun 17, 2011 10:40 AM

I am dumber for having read this.

34. oldbyrd says: Jun 17, 2011 12:24 PM

I don’t understand why he didn’t call D Moron Smith for the money?

35. drbob117 says: Jun 17, 2011 12:37 PM

On Philly.com, they have the whole story. Apparently, one of the women in the party brought in food from another restaurant , so the server asked Brock’s party to leave. I have to be honest, if that were me, I would tell the server who already brought the drinks that we’ll be happy to leave when we finish our drinks, or we’ll leave now and not pay for them, but that I’m not going to pay her for drinks if we’re being asked to leave immediately. Why would that party pay for something they were not permitted to consume? Of course, if I were in that party, I wouldn’t have been ignorant enough to bring in food from somewhere else, but that’s another story. I find it odd that they only arrested Brock, as though they just chose a guy they thought had the money to pay and didn’t.

36. drbob117 says: Jun 17, 2011 12:51 PM

Oops, just found out that they arrested the woman too.

37. melikefootball says: Jun 17, 2011 12:53 PM

When are these goof-balls going to get it? We wonder why the owners have a lock out, we see each day when these players decide to think they are above everyone else.

38. melonnhead says: Jun 17, 2011 12:53 PM

—————————————————–

There are curently 79 posts on the “Leonard Pope saves six year old” thread. None of them are from “duanethomas”.

39. jcg23 says: Jun 17, 2011 12:57 PM

@canjura Stealing is stealing. You don’t have to tip. But you gotta pay your tab. You order it, you eat it, you pay for it. Unless you can sucker a Manager into giving it to you for free because of something you made up about the food being bad or something. No difference in this and not paying 27 bucks for anything else.

Of course in CA this may be different. Meatless Mondays and all.

40. stonedwhitetrash says: Jun 17, 2011 12:58 PM

I wonder what most NFL players do about taking a dump without coach telling them how to. Is that why so many have brown eyes it’s backed up that far.

41. sojumaster says: Jun 17, 2011 1:45 PM

If he was calm and civil about the matter with the police when they talked to him, more than likely the police would have escorted him back to the bar and let him pay for the tab and it would have been dismissed as a “misunderstanding”. “Yes sir, we understand the place told you to leave, but you STILL have to pay the bill”

Scuffling with the police after the fact does not exactly help your case. I would hazard a guess that the arrest was more for scuffling with the police and the media puts the $27 bar tab in the headlines for sensationalism.

42. sojumaster says: Jun 17, 2011 1:55 PM

> canjura says:
    > Jun 17, 2011 10:40 AM
    > I didn’t even know it was possible to be arrested for walking
    > out on a restaurant’s bill. At least in California, you don’t
    > have to pay for your meal once you’ve received it because it’s
    > was presented before paid for and therefore it’s not a
    > requirement to pay if the patron chooses not to.
    > At least that’s what I was told once when I was younger.
    > I’ve worked in a restaurant for 8 years as a server and have
    > never had it happen to me, but that is definitely something
    > I was told. Maybe Brock thought he was in California?

A lot of things were told to us when we were younger, like, Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny.

Borrowing a quote from the movie “Billy Madison”:

“Mr. Canjura, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

43. habsman says: Jun 17, 2011 3:32 PM

melonnhead,

Oh the irony! Thanks for pointing that out.

/laughing.

44. j0esixpack says: Jun 17, 2011 4:53 PM

New nickname: Jailhouse Brock

45. theglenn says: Jun 17, 2011 6:39 PM

I went to that place when I was in Philly. It was awful. We finished our drinks and got the hell out. I proposed walking out on our $12 tab. Really glad I didn’t now, but I sure don’t blame Raheem.