Kerry Collins would return to Tennessee to be a starter

Indianapolis Colts v Tennessee Titans Getty Images

Kerry Collins would love to return to the Titans.   The 39-year-old thinks Jake Locker could learn from him, but don’t take Collins the wrong way.

“If I came back, I’d come back to be a starter,” Collins told Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “But [Locker's] a kid who could learn from a guy like me.  Hopefully he’d watch what I do and take lessons.”

The Titans are in a tricky spot.  Of the rookie first-round quarterbacks, Locker may be the least ready to start in Week One.  Bringing back Collins makes some sense, but we think that they will first aim for someone a little younger like Matt Hasselbeck.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans
13 Responses to “Kerry Collins would return to Tennessee to be a starter”
  1. jacksaysfu says: Jun 19, 2011 11:37 AM

Does kerry collins qualify for social security yet ?

2. thingamajig says: Jun 19, 2011 11:40 AM

“Collins fits better as a true backup at this stage, not as the potential starter for the majority of the season.”

But starting QB’s make alot more money than backups, so what did you expect Collins to say?

3. krow101 says: Jun 19, 2011 12:03 PM

Looks like he’s drinking again.

4. TurdSandwich says: Jun 19, 2011 12:36 PM

Collins’ Country sangin’ career is flourishing with gigs down at Pucketts Meat n Three, yuk yuk.. He’s going nowhere…

5. jbluntz says: Jun 19, 2011 12:43 PM

There’s a lot worse you could do than Collins… Him and Britt had some pretty good games.

6. beveaux says: Jun 19, 2011 3:10 PM

Collins was an absolute disaster last year. I don’t remember how many games the Titans won when he was playing, but it wasn’t many.

Don’t blame him for making his bid to be the starter. It might work out. But, this team is going to take several years to get back in the hunt.

7. andrejohnsonforpresident says: Jun 19, 2011 3:23 PM

See I would bring collins back for the right price. Figure he gets you through the first 8-9 weeks and let locker finish off. I mean lets be honest, I do not believe the Titans will contend for a playoff spot this year. Sorry CJNeveragain2K

8. trbowman says: Jun 19, 2011 3:25 PM

If you listened to Titans fans you’d think he was the worst player in the league. He’s not bad.

9. gdeli says: Jun 19, 2011 3:48 PM

vikes need an older qb. just sayin’

10. paxtonboyd says: Jun 19, 2011 6:08 PM

exactly how good does he believe he is?

11. sportsmediacritic says: Jun 19, 2011 8:56 PM

I think Locker can learn what NOT to do by sitting behind Collins. I’m not sure the best QB teacher is someone with a career 73.9 passing efficiency, 195 interceptions, 78 fumbles, and a career 55% completion percentage.

I thought they wanted Locker to improve?

And how does Collin continue to get gigs? He must have dirty pictures of management or something. He’s god awful, and his record and stats prove it.

12. patbocam says: Jun 20, 2011 12:19 AM

I like Collins and clearly so do coaches or he would nt still be in the NFL. Look up his total yards thrown and he’s in front of some big names. Do it. Do it. Go. Look it it up. Do it. Do it.

13. cmack21 says: Jun 21, 2011 8:40 PM

WOW… its going to be like watching Vinny Testaverde/ Drew Bledsoe playing for the Cowboys all over again.