Terrelle Pryor works out, watches film with Jon Gruden

Terrelle Pryor, Drew Rosenhaus AP

A special edition of Jon Gruden’s QB Camp is coming to ESPN, courtesy of former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

Per the St. Petersburg Times, Pryor threw passes to USF players on Monday, with Gruden and ESPN cameras present.  The duo also spent six hours watching film.

“There’s too much to learn from him,” Pryor said.  “I enjoyed the time.  He’s a great coach and a great mentor.  I’m just trying to get better.”

Pryor then said that agent Drew Rosenhaus has asked Pryor not to speak about his preparations for the supplemental draft.  Eventually, look for Gruden to do plenty of talking.

Permalink 44 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
44 Responses to “Terrelle Pryor works out, watches film with Jon Gruden”
  1. trbowman says: Jun 20, 2011 3:29 PM

“Now this guy Pryor, man I love this guy.”

2. beastofeden says: Jun 20, 2011 3:30 PM

What kind of car did he drive to film study session?

3. derekjetersmansion says: Jun 20, 2011 3:37 PM

I thought this headline was a joke, honestly.

4. schmitty2 says: Jun 20, 2011 3:38 PM

Oh I can just hear Chucky now .. “Everyone is sour on this Pryor kid but let me tell you..he has the physical tools and smarts to be a top 5 qb in this league in 2 years if someone gives him the chance. And his agent Rosenhaus is a stand up guy. One of the finest, classiest agents in this business”

5. bengalsown says: Jun 20, 2011 3:39 PM

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but personally I hope Jon does a lot of talking to Jay, and the Bengals use a fourth round pick on the guy. Mike Brown wants to be known as a redeemer, and Pryor is a perfect candidate…

6. terminatorlikesmaids says: Jun 20, 2011 3:41 PM

Who lands Terrelle Pryor?
    I say………………..Redskins

7. randysavage4ever says: Jun 20, 2011 3:41 PM

did anybody to know that Hue Jackson & Jon Gruden used to live together for a few months back in the day?

Just got off the phone with Al, he said Mr.Pryor might look good in Silver & Black…

8. ponderqb says: Jun 20, 2011 3:45 PM

QB camp is very entertaining. I am excited for this. I wish they would do more of this.

9. terminatorlikesmaids says: Jun 20, 2011 3:47 PM

No takers in the supplemental draft, then signs a practive team contract in Washington for the rookie minimum, a sports car, and an autographed McNabb jersey

10. pacificamjr says: Jun 20, 2011 3:47 PM

he’ll be a 3rd pick and will play sparingly in wildcat formations this year… that could change in 2-3 years if he works hard

11. jebdamone says: Jun 20, 2011 3:50 PM

to be quite honest, i watch a lot of football but this is the first time i have even recognized the supplemental draft and taken the time to find out how it works…the lengths we go to in the time of a lockout.
    im was also momentarily giddy at the idea of watching another Gruden QB camp…god we need football.

12. berniemadoffsides says: Jun 20, 2011 3:52 PM

Raiders.

13. favrefan says: Jun 20, 2011 3:53 PM

Rumor has it TPeezy drinks sizzurp (I’m feeling so sleepy)

14. hobartbaker says: Jun 20, 2011 3:54 PM

Pryor can’t be dumber or less accurate than Newton in his workouts. No one talking about the other guys suspended from OSU. DeVier Posey could get drafted ahead of Pryor if he enters. He was 5 star recruit who put up good numbers in college so far. Mike Adams, Daniel Herron, also.

15. dg0122 says: Jun 20, 2011 3:55 PM

do supplemental picks take the Wonderlic?

16. malblack says: Jun 20, 2011 3:57 PM

5th round pick by a team that has capacity to take on projects at QB. Possibly Philly. They’ve had success doing this (Feely, Kolb, Vick) and then flipping them for higher picks (Feely, probably Kolb).

17. jbpanthers says: Jun 20, 2011 3:57 PM

Why is a tight-end watching film?

18. b7p19 says: Jun 20, 2011 4:04 PM

“Why is a tight-end watching film?”

Says a fan of the team that drafted Cam Newton…

19. trbowman says: Jun 20, 2011 4:04 PM

I can literally hear Gruden say that in my head. That’s how believable it is.

20. 808raiderinparadise says: Jun 20, 2011 4:05 PM

First Tressell, Then Rosenhaus, Then backed by Ocho Cinco after playing catch, now watching film with Gruden? O, man this guy has touched every football disaster he could have. Being a raider fan, most people say he is a target for OAK, but being that we have never used a supplemental draft pick in team history … in over 25 years or something … don’t see it happening. I just wanna know where he gets his tatts done, I have some old Pop-Warney jerseys, I mean I was an All-Star one year …

21. fonetiklee says: Jun 20, 2011 4:05 PM

Why does anybody listen to Gruden on QB prospects? Can anyone name a QB he developed?

22. TurdSandwich says: Jun 20, 2011 4:12 PM

I heard the film they watched was Sleepaway Camp followed by Night of the Demons. Terrell ended up sleeping under the bed.

23. savocabol1 says: Jun 20, 2011 4:12 PM

Who made Gruden the guru of QBs?

24. ilovefoolsball says: Jun 20, 2011 4:13 PM

mid level pick? are you kidding me? this guy hasn’t been able to hit the broad side of a barn with a football his whole football career!

I’ll draw comparisons to Cam Newton, neither one of them will ever be an elite quarterback!

25. yankees2009 says: Jun 20, 2011 4:16 PM

bengalsown says: Jun 20, 2011 3:39 PM

—–

Oh take off your Buckeye-crimson colored glasses, the Bengals need this guy like they need another Bob Bratkowski…

26. Spencer says: Jun 20, 2011 4:19 PM

Somehow I see him going to the Panthers, he’s a Carolina kind of quarterback.

27. lovemesumlions says: Jun 20, 2011 4:22 PM

Chucky takes a hard time, and maybe rightfully so with his glowing recommendations for some questionable talant, but I really like his QB Camp show.

28. jaypace says: Jun 20, 2011 4:23 PM

Uh gruden turned journeyman rich Gannon into a league MVP. Revitalized Jeff Garcia’s career. While he hasnt fine a damn thing with rookies people who say who has he developed miss the big picture.

29. terminatorlikesmaids says: Jun 20, 2011 4:25 PM

Great thought hobart. All 3 of the guys you mentioned would probably be a better supplemental pick than Pryor. Those 3 guys will make a team somewhere and start right away on the right teams.

30. bengalsown says: Jun 20, 2011 4:32 PM

——————————–

I hate the Buckeyes. I love what’s happened to them.

But I also enjoy watching the Bengals. And a mobile QB who could potentially make things happen despite having a terrible offensive line would at least make the games interesting. The last two seasons have been a snooze fest.

31. bullybirds says: Jun 20, 2011 4:34 PM

I say he’s a Raider. They need a QB to build to the future and he has the intangibles that Al is looking for. Should be sweet for them.

32. hokiez says: Jun 20, 2011 4:36 PM

Looks like Petey Carroll’s pet project to me.

33. jesse1834 says: Jun 20, 2011 4:40 PM

Wonder how much ESPN dropped on this?

34. ratbastardshanahandjob says: Jun 20, 2011 5:16 PM

This ain’t no film I wanna watch. Where be the ho’s?? Chuckie told me we was gonna watch Debbie does Dallas……

I wanna laugh at the team that drafts this stiff. But as a long suffering Raider fan, that laughter I hear will just be from fans of other teams. I just know Clueless “Coach” Davis is gonna make Pryor his next “great playaaa”. Sucks to be us…….

35. nnagi says: Jun 20, 2011 5:20 PM

I’ve been to at least 24 games that Pryor has started including The Rose Bowl, he’s clueless when it comes to reading defenses and going through his progressions…there’s no way this dude makes it as a QB in the NFL, I still can’t figure out what Tressel saw in this kid…aside from his lack of QB intelligence, his wind up might be worse than Byron Leftwich’s, never mind the fact that he can’t throw any intermediate routes…

36. bunjy96 says: Jun 20, 2011 5:20 PM

They deserve each other. Neither are going anywhere.

37. yankees2009 says: Jun 20, 2011 6:25 PM

bengalsown says: Jun 20, 2011 4:32 PM

——————————–

I hate the Buckeyes. I love what’s happened to them.

——————-

Have you seen Andy Dalton play in college? The guy is mobile and can actually read defenses and make SMART decisions when throwing the football… Pryor cannot. You’re Bengals already got your rookie QB, and a much better one than Pryor to boot.

38. whatswiththehate says: Jun 20, 2011 7:18 PM

hobartbaker says:Jun 20, 2011 3:54 PM

Pryor can’t be dumber or less accurate than Newton in his workouts.
    —————
    And where did that information come from..Oh yes, ESPN. The same sports network who is now throwing one of their own under the bus after they used everything “non-sourced” information to smear Cam Newton, and his father simply because he choose Auburn over a more media liked college.

Something tells me that because Pryor went to a OSU, he will get a chance to prove himself, unlike Cam.

Welcome to media controlled sports.

39. 808raiderinparadise says: Jun 20, 2011 7:26 PM

Gruden on Pryor, “Just shaking his huge hands you gotta love the size on this guy, 6’5, 4.3 speed and a proven college winner. I think he grows from what he has been thru in college and just gets under center and plays football, he is an elite athelete, boy i tell ya mike, this guy is going to be on his way to the top in this league in a hurry, gotta love pryor.”

40. mdnittlion says: Jun 20, 2011 8:33 PM

Just wait for the part where Gurden talks about how much he loves something. That’s about the only part of his interviews that don’t seem completely fake. Especially when you consider all the stuff he’s seen doing on the shows he use to pay an assistant coach to do for him.

41. ccad05 says: Jun 20, 2011 10:00 PM

Well if he has no chance in hell at being a successful NFL quarterback look to see him in a bears uniform very shortly. We seem to like to take dumb chances and selling the future for one damn player that’s no better than average at best. How many qb’s have my bears ever developed? He’s a perfect 3rd stringer for us. Doh!!!!!!

42. MVQB7 says: Jun 21, 2011 12:56 AM

Having Pryor run your offense at QB is like having Dez Bryant manage your checkbook or Big Ben taking your teenage daughter to prom. He could not the broadside of a farm with football let alone a barn!

43. CKL says: Jun 21, 2011 10:29 AM

whatswiththehate says:
    Jun 20, 2011 7:18 PM
    hobartbaker says:Jun 20, 2011 3:54 PM

Pryor can’t be dumber or less accurate than Newton in his workouts.
    —————

Welcome to media controlled sports.
    ___________________________________
    Media does have bias and agendas…but this is way off base IMO. The reason I know Cam was inaccurate at the Combine is that I watched it live on NFLN. You don’t need the media to bias you any one way if you are watching it live.

44. shortbus36 says: Jun 21, 2011 2:49 PM

He is not an NFL QB, heck he wasn’t even a good NCAA QB. I’m a Buckeye fan and watched all of his games, he is not a good QB. His best bet is as a WR, he has good speed and is strong. He was a great runner but a below average QB