Kenny Britt sticks to his hacking story

Kenny Britt AP

The best approach after floating a dog-ate-my-homework-style excuse is to keep one’s head low, and one’s mouth shut.

Titans receiver Kenny Britt has opted not to follow that approach.

According to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Britt has issued another statement reiterating that Monday’s misadventures with his Facebook page resulted from the hacking of his account.

“I have the utmost respect for Commissioner Goodell, the NFL and the TN Titans,’’ Britt said. “The Facebook posting as reported was not made by myself nor have I given any statements to anyone regarding this matter.  It is not a defense but a fact that this Facebook page and associated email account were hacked and reported more than 120 days ago.”

OK, so the hacking didn’t happen Monday.  It happened more than 120 days ago.  And in the 120 days since the hacking was reported, Britt continued to use the account, cognizant of the hacking and taking no steps to ensure that it wouldn’t continue, such as changing his password to something other than “password.”

Next time, Kenny, just float your ridiculous excuse one time, and then simply pretend it never happened.

Permalink 39 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
39 Responses to “Kenny Britt sticks to his hacking story”
  1. ravensfan4life52 says: Jun 21, 2011 11:43 PM

go back to prison

2. paulyshore1 says: Jun 21, 2011 11:59 PM

And if they told wolverines would make good house pets would you beleive em?

3. goawayeverybody says: Jun 22, 2011 12:04 AM

ha ha ha what a mess.

4. saintsfan1111 says: Jun 22, 2011 12:04 AM

Hello Dad! I’m in jail! …and I like it here! Say hello from jail!

5. duanethomas says: Jun 22, 2011 12:04 AM

Wife: Where did you spend the night?

Husband: I was out drinking with guys and came home real late and spent the night on that old couch on the back porch.

Wife: I moved that couch off the porch two months ago.

Husband: That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Kenny is sticking to his story…..LoL.

6. downsouth49er says: Jun 22, 2011 12:05 AM

I never did understand people saying or doing what they really feel, and then backing away from it or making an excuse for their actions. I don’t buy the his FB page was hacked again crap. Britt is just an anus!!!

7. hsteacher says: Jun 22, 2011 12:05 AM

and the password is 1,2,3,4,5………….Jesus, I have the same password for my luggage!

8. trbowman says: Jun 22, 2011 12:09 AM

Why would a hacker try to retract his previous status anyway? lol.

Seriously, does anyone believe this? ANYONE?

If you do, get in touch. I have some ocean front property in Montana you might be interested in…..

9. rayjayjohnsonjr says: Jun 22, 2011 12:25 AM

Rather than a non story about “Kenny”, has Favre started to throw to the high schoolers yet?

10. jooceman says: Jun 22, 2011 12:26 AM

He has the talent to be a top 5 NFL WR, but an IQ below room temperature. What a waste.

11. captainwisdom8888 says: Jun 22, 2011 12:26 AM

This kid is really in need of a mentor..or 12. Britt is 1 player who cannot afford to be away from the relative safety blanket of the NFL and the lockout surely isn’t helping. The hood he has ties to is no joke.

12. piemasteruk says: Jun 22, 2011 12:37 AM

Epic Fail Kenny.

As someone who has been a victim of hacking, both in the traditional sense of the word and in the comedy ‘Frape’ sense on Facebook that you seemed to be using it, I did have *some* sympathy with your original story and gave you some (but by no means much) credit that you might be telling the truth.

However this 120 days story pushes the credibility of your story well beyond breaking point. It is completely inconceivable that someone would not have changed their password if their account was ‘hacked’ so long ago, especially someone in the public eye.

13. elmustardo says: Jun 22, 2011 12:41 AM

I’d like to go on record to say that “I am the anonymous person who has been hacking all FB, Twitter, Myspace, and Friendster (sit down, Schefter) accounts.

I have been meticulously gathering personal data so that I can strike when it seems most plausible to your own personal meltdown.

Checks made payable to “cash” at my PO Box.

I’m coming for you next, Warren Sapp.

14. transam7816 says: Jun 22, 2011 12:44 AM

I hate it when these PR statements are so obvious

15. vbe2 says: Jun 22, 2011 12:45 AM

Facebook can EASILY obtain the IP address of the ‘hacker’. How much do you want to bet that the IP Address of the ‘hacker’ is the same IP Address that leads to Kenny “Weiner” Britt?

16. dbellina says: Jun 22, 2011 12:51 AM

I believe him. I also believe that OJ is innocent and that Bill Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman.

17. marerick007 says: Jun 22, 2011 12:55 AM

I would hope that he would just grow up already. The Titans need him, but his immaturity off the field leaves a horrid taste in my mouth. This also shows he isn’t ready to be a leader on the field. Your agent isn’t doing you justice, nor are your friends. Wise up!

18. ndgarretjax says: Jun 22, 2011 1:20 AM

Yah but is he good at photoshopping? That’s the biggest debate.

This lockout needs to end.

19. pacificamjr says: Jun 22, 2011 1:26 AM

i actually just logged into Kenny’s acct, the pw is still “password”. kenny is clearly one of the dumber m’ther f’ers on the planet.

3-13 for the titans in ’11

20. TurdSandwich says: Jun 22, 2011 2:04 AM

Kenny Britt, the thinking man’s football hero.

21. phelbin says: Jun 22, 2011 2:09 AM

This guy is ridiculous! Arrested twice since April, and he has outstanding warrants in Tennessee. I know his father claims he’s a good kid with bad friends, but I don’t believe a word he says. Roger Goodell is going to throw the book at him…and rightly so!

22. upperdecker19 says: Jun 22, 2011 2:16 AM

Is the “hacker” available to water my crops on the Facebook virtual farm?

23. hedleykow says: Jun 22, 2011 2:20 AM

Hacked and reported 120 days ago is an eternity relative to retired and unretired in 25 minutes.

24. craggt says: Jun 22, 2011 2:47 AM

Considering how easy facebook passwords are to hack (very easy), if you know how it’s got to be a great feeling knowing that if you hack a celebrity’s account and post ridiculous things no one will ever believe that celebrity.
    I have no idea if he’s telling the truth or not but it certainly isn’t a ‘ridiculous excuse’ it’s actually quite plausible.

25. jayhawk6 says: Jun 22, 2011 2:53 AM

Who does he think he is, Anthony Weiner?

26. redskinsrt says: Jun 22, 2011 3:34 AM

funny how nobody does this until somebody is already in hot water…

27. jjrs89 says: Jun 22, 2011 3:52 AM

GO TITANS!

28. hedleykow says: Jun 22, 2011 4:34 AM

Anyone who has ever said the phrase out loud, “bummer, man,” would probably be willing to give Britt a pass on his retirement, considering the reality that he came back from retirement a few minutes later.

That was a nice recovery! I enjoyed it 1000% more than Bret Favre’s last ten retirements.

29. thermalito says: Jun 22, 2011 5:12 AM

Did anything Kenny Britt had to say on his Facebook page really affect anyone’s life that much?

30. thenightmancometh says: Jun 22, 2011 5:32 AM

Anthony Wiener stuck with his “hacking” story for 6 days as well, until you know….he decided to say it was all a lie. But Kenny Britt’s defense sounds rock solid, at least we don’t have the technology to check that it came from the same IP address as all the other updates.

31. evrybdyhas1 says: Jun 22, 2011 6:39 AM

He has natural talent to be a politician.

32. lucky5934 says: Jun 22, 2011 6:58 AM

Geez…What a shocker that someone figured out his password was “I suck as a human being”. And to think he feels were stupid enough to believe that A) his account was hacked 120 day ago (nice round number. most people would have said a few months ago). B) that he didnt change the password.

33. thephantomstranger says: Jun 22, 2011 6:59 AM

Henceforth, he will be known as Kenny “The Genius” Britt.

34. xstaticonradio says: Jun 22, 2011 7:54 AM

goddamn moron

35. thegonz13 says: Jun 22, 2011 8:33 AM

@trbowman… Where’s that Montana beachfront property at… I might be interested! Is it near Hannah?

36. ac0117 says: Jun 22, 2011 9:06 AM

This is way to big of a story IMO. Everybody has had days where they are frustrated or sick of their jobs and wants to vent/quit.

This may be hard to believe, and unpopular, but a lot of players play the game for paychecks, not love of the game.

You can argue about Goodell’s discipline system, and I won’t argue that Britt definetly deserves some kind of reprimanding for his behavior, but I can’t really fault a guy for being pissed about missing 2-4 (or more) paychecks. And yes I am aware that it was his fault.

37. millatyme13 says: Jun 22, 2011 10:11 AM

LOL
    ^ this is for all the retards that think your safe cuz you change your password. Keylogging is so common nowadays, especially to take advantage of celebrities or special accounts. IP addresses can also be faked pretty easily….

But most likely none of this happened to kenny britt cuz his story is terrible.

38. joesphkerr says: Jun 22, 2011 10:13 AM

Kenny, that defense did not work for Lebron. What a knucklehead.

39. NFLJunkie says: Jun 22, 2011 11:46 AM

Hey, he has a good reason for not changing his password. How is he supposed to remember a new one when he’s obviously been stoned for the last 120 days (at least)?