Facebook won’t comment on Kenny Britt “hacking”

Tennessee's Kenny Britt grabs a pass against the Colts' Antoine Bethea during an NFL football game in Indianapolis AP

As we continue to look at the strange case of Titans receiver Kenny Britt’s Facebook page, which on Monday featured a retirement, an un-retirement, and a claim of hacking, we reached out to the folks at Facebook to see if they could shed any light on the situation.

Unfortunately, Facebook won’t tell us what they know about Britt’s account.

“Facebook doesn’t comment on individual user’s accounts, for privacy reasons,” Facebook spokesperson Johanna Peace told PFT.

So we’re left to wonder what happened with Britt’s account. It’s possible that Britt pulled a Favre and pulled a Weiner on Monday (and I’m not talking about texting a picture of his junk): He may have retired, un-retired, and then falsely claimed he had been hacked. Or it’s possible that Britt is telling the truth, and that two Facebook messages were posted by a hacker.

Britt is sticking with his hacking story, in which he says someone hacked him months ago and he waited until Monday to do anything about it. The claim sounds fairly ridiculous, but it’s not a claim that Facebook will refute.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Facebook won’t comment on Kenny Britt “hacking””
  1. trbowman says: Jun 22, 2011 2:48 PM

“Or it’s possible that Britt is telling the truth, and that two Facebook messages were posted by a hacker.”

No it isn’t.

2. hobartbaker says: Jun 22, 2011 2:56 PM

Facebook can’t comment at the moment. They are all doubled over in stitches.

3. mayanh8 says: Jun 22, 2011 3:01 PM

I am not posting this. My PFT account has been hacked.

4. canadianvikingfaniii says: Jun 22, 2011 3:02 PM

Of course he is going to stick to his story, he’d be called a liar and he’d be in more trouble with his comments if he admitted they were his.

5. SpartaChris says: Jun 22, 2011 3:02 PM

Honestly, has Britt done anything at all to deserve the benefit of the doubt? Multiple arrests since the lockout started, and now this wishy-washy story about his FB page being hacked “Months ago.”

Kenny, you’re a liar. Go away.

6. umbskinsfan says: Jun 22, 2011 3:03 PM

this is just embarrassing….he would have been better off just saying that he was in a bad mood and left status updates that were against his better judgement, that he now regrets…or something along those lines

now he just seems dishonest

7. coolbeans59 says: Jun 22, 2011 3:23 PM

Michael, there is a third option. Britt left his browser open and a friend or family member or member of his posse typed it and Britt is covering for him/her. This happens all the time on college campuses and at work places. I stayed logged in one time on a computer at work and a Cowboy fan co-worker typed how I realized he was right and I’ve now bought a Cowboys jerseys and memorabilia.

8. nflsucker says: Jun 22, 2011 3:24 PM

My name is Kenny; you can call me Britt.
    It don’t really matter when I’m dumb as sh*t.

I’m a football playah because I can run,
    Which is often from the law because I’ze so dumb.

They insist; I resist, an’ then I’m in jail.
    My whole effin’ life is spelled out FALE.

When they lock me away I’ll have one sweet b*tch,
    ‘Cause I’m a football playah an’ I is rich!

9. terrellblowens says: Jun 22, 2011 3:31 PM

I don’t think Facebook cares about Kenny Britt nearly as much as a couple of NFL bloggers during a lockout, just saying

10. skinsrock says: Jun 22, 2011 3:57 PM

Who cares what Kenny Brit said?? Did he file his papers with the NFL yet? I don’t even consider a player retired until he files the papers… Brett Favre taught us that.

11. glen1904 says: Jun 22, 2011 4:07 PM

coolbeans is right, my EX girlfriend used to post stupid things on my FB all the time from my computer. Her favorite thing to do was embarrass me and that was her favorite way too (other than get extremely drunk in public)

12. glen1904 says: Jun 22, 2011 4:13 PM

I should have wrote (tried to embarrass me!) since I rarely care what people think.

13. jcg23 says: Jun 22, 2011 4:14 PM

While I do agree that this is stupid to say that it was someone else. It is possible he logged on to facebook somewhere and forgot to log off and someone posted on it.

14. windowace says: Jun 22, 2011 4:43 PM

This is a fact that that his Facebook page and associated email account were hacked and reported more than 120 days ago.

15. 4gone says: Jun 22, 2011 5:04 PM

Anyone else just want to meet the Facebook Spokewoman named Joanna Peace?

16. radrhatr says: Jun 22, 2011 5:10 PM

….and either will I.

17. theblowtorchreview says: Jun 22, 2011 7:45 PM

Kenny Britt is about as credible as Casey Anthony.

18. smackingfools says: Jun 22, 2011 7:59 PM

I know if I was a hacker he’d be at the top of my list. Lol. No hacker gives a crap about Kenny Britt

19. ernestbynershands says: Jun 23, 2011 6:01 AM

He retired from football?
    I thought Britt Kenny was a country singer!?!