Free chicken wings, if lockout ends by July 20

chicken-300x200 Getty Images

As the lockout possibly moves toward conclusion, the folks at Buffalo Wild Wings have come up with an interesting offer.

Before we go any farther, we’re getting nothing from Buffalo Wild Wings for saying this.  We’re mentioning it for the benefit of our readers.  Whom we like.  (Well, at least most of them.)

If the lockout ends by July 20 (and we currently think that will happen), six free chicken wings will be given to anyone who signs the “Save Our Season” petition at the Buffalo Wild Wings Facebook page.

Of course, those of you who read my recent reflections on hours spent cooking dead chickens during my long-faded youth may not have an appetite for chicken wings.  Or any other chicken parts.

Come to think of it, the best way to show our affection for our readers would be to not mention the ability of free chicken parts.  So the readers we like should ignore this.

As to the readers we don’t like, go sign the petition.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Union
16 Responses to “Free chicken wings, if lockout ends by July 20”
  1. dempsey63 says: Jun 22, 2011 7:53 AM

As David Letterman once said on his original daytime talk show, “If there’s any part of the chicken that can be called ‘the nuggets,’ I don’t want to eat them!”

2. xstaticonradio says: Jun 22, 2011 7:53 AM

Buffalo wild wings sucks. If you want good wings you need to actually go to Buffalo.

3. alanboy395 says: Jun 22, 2011 8:06 AM

Just signed the petition, now let’s get the season on!!!

4. dspyank2k11 says: Jun 22, 2011 8:11 AM

Lockout definitely needs to end…

5. jw731 says: Jun 22, 2011 8:52 AM

Buffalo wild wings are almost as bad if not worse than Hooters. At least at Hooters, the dining ambiance, by vitrue of it’s servers, is palatable…

6. supashug says: Jun 22, 2011 9:00 AM

I am sure the petition will kick this thing over the top, Thanks Buffalo Wild Wings you saved the season

7. wheresmyjuice says: Jun 22, 2011 9:01 AM

BW3′s is my favorite restaurant. Thanks for this!

8. east96st says: Jun 22, 2011 10:01 AM

Walked into one once a year ago. The swarm of flies that greeted me upon entering the “restaurant” was all I needed to see. I immediately walked out. When the fly/person ration is 14:1, not only should you not eat there, the place should be condemned.

9. outlawjerseywhales says: Jun 22, 2011 10:26 AM

Buffalo Wild Wings insipid TV commercials alone are enough to ensure that no one should even enter the parking lot of one of the dumps.

10. PanchoHerreraFanClub says: Jun 22, 2011 10:27 AM

Mike, you better hope for free eggs as you will have a lot of egg to wipe off your face when there is no football this year.

11. burntorangehorn says: Jun 22, 2011 10:41 AM

BWW isn’t a great place to eat, but it’s better than average for a chain.

Back on topic, free wings might not be much of an incentive for the owners, but it might with the players.

12. purplepride35 says: Jun 22, 2011 11:48 AM

Don’t overlook this aspect…FREE food is still free food.

13. pastabelly says: Jun 22, 2011 1:12 PM

Was at a Buffalo Wild Wings once and their wings were overpriced and not even as good as Hooters’ wings (or breasts).

14. db3300 says: Jun 22, 2011 1:50 PM

“the best way to show our affection for our readers would be to not mention the ability of free chicken parts.”

The best way to show affection for your readers is to not preach to them about what they should or shouldn’t eat.

15. pacificnw7722 says: Jun 22, 2011 2:57 PM

I can hear the late Chris Farley…..”Tommy want wings.”

16. godofwine330 says: Jun 22, 2011 5:56 PM

I signed it, not only because I want wings…but because I want football. If I can get some football to go along with my wings I am all for it.