Donovan McNabb: Eagles are like family

Philadelphia Eagles v Washington Redskins Getty Images

After being all but invisible for most of the offseason, Donovan McNabb is starting to make regular appearances in the media, and today he had nothing but kind words for the folks in Philadelphia.

McNabb, who was traded from the Eagles to the Redskins last year, is back to working out with his old Eagles teammates. And he told CSNPhilly’s Neil Hartman that he views working out with the Eagles as like working out with family.

“It’s really like working out with family members,” McNabb said. “We’ve been a part of each other’s lives for 11 years.”

McNabb presumably won’t look back as fondly on his one year in Washington, D.C., as he does on his 11 years in Philadelphia.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
33 Responses to “Donovan McNabb: Eagles are like family”
  1. hobartbaker says: Jun 23, 2011 4:39 PM

Maybe if the Eagles dupe some team into taking Kornpone Kolb, the “Bayou Bowie Knife Killer”, off of their hands they bring back Dono to backup Mike Vick. Or vica versa.

2. mmskin says: Jun 23, 2011 4:39 PM

this guy was slow, hurt, and out of shape for the skins, i watched every game, ans the skins r to blame, the wheels r falling off

3. hoobsher says: Jun 23, 2011 4:41 PM

what part of that family are the eagles, you ask?

the estranged divorcee, most likely

4. jcg23 says: Jun 23, 2011 4:41 PM

I think he wants to go back to Philly, but that ship has sailed.

5. krow101 says: Jun 23, 2011 4:46 PM

Yeah. The Manson family.

6. eaglesfootballfan says: Jun 23, 2011 4:49 PM

Sounds like McNabb wants to be back in Philly. Too bad Vick is the starter

7. eagleforlife says: Jun 23, 2011 4:51 PM

The way I see it, we may have a solidified backup to Vick when Kolb is traded to the Cards if we snatch McNabb up when he is released…they will never be able to deal him and we all know he is not going to remain on the Redskins roster…I would gladly welcome McNabb back as the #2 QB…I think it would be a win-win for all parties…

8. rayvens says: Jun 23, 2011 4:54 PM

———————————–
    I wonder what he’ll look back on the RedSkins as…..

9. nfceastisbeast says: Jun 23, 2011 4:55 PM

Exactly who at these workouts has been around for 11 years? He just won’t go away.

10. scoops1 says: Jun 23, 2011 4:56 PM

too bad your “family” doesn’t hold you in the same respect after your SB performance

11. fonetiklee says: Jun 23, 2011 4:58 PM

I’ve always liked McNabb as a person, even if I haven’t always loved his play on the field. He’s actually in town right now for the opening of the McNabb Family Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the hospital in Voorhees, NJ. I hope he ends up somewhere in the AFC this season so I can actually root for him again.

12. justanotherdummy says: Jun 23, 2011 5:00 PM

I am glad he does not seem to be holding a grudge. Despite his on the field shortcomings at times, I remember the good plays more than the bad. He was always involved in charitable activities in Philadelphia. I am sorry he did not get a championship while he was here. Just didn’t work out and it was time to move on, no hard feelings.

13. jianningwu says: Jun 23, 2011 5:09 PM

Say what you might regarding what he did or didn’t get done… Donnie Mac is a good dude.

14. snowpea84 says: Jun 23, 2011 5:13 PM

Also Known As: Not being welcome at the Redkins work outs.

15. vetdana says: Jun 23, 2011 5:16 PM

Donavan could go back to Philly but, as a backup and, at a GREATLY reduced salary .

16. blaz0037 says: Jun 23, 2011 5:31 PM

mark my words, Vick will not play 10 games this year. Guy is as fragile as a glass house.

17. cytofed says: Jun 23, 2011 5:40 PM

Could dmc be a spy?

18. geniusesq says: Jun 23, 2011 6:50 PM

Losing respect for this guy daily. Way to get totally cheated on and left by your ex spouse, and still let them screw you occassionally.

19. moochzilla says: Jun 23, 2011 7:11 PM

Cliff Lee. Allen Iverson. Now McNabb.

They all love Philly.

I mean, when can I expect to see Scott Rolen pining for a return?

Best fan base in the world. Just ask the athletes who played here.

20. smootysmoot says: Jun 23, 2011 7:39 PM

McDouche! Jaaaaaaaaaaam

21. mostepicgnar says: Jun 23, 2011 8:00 PM

Wow…

If you look at the players he met up with, the story is very telling. Jamaal Jackson, Austin Howard, Trevor Laws, Juqua Parker. A center, DT, and two Defensive Tackles.

Now look at their time spent with the Eagles. Jamaal Jackson has been with team since 03, Austin Howard who was a rookie, Trevor Laws who was drafted in 08 and Juqua Parker who picked up via agency in 05.

One player that has been there three years and a rookie. I know it is the offseason in a lockout and players are doing their thing. I do think it is interesting he mentioned, “family”.

Not one young skill player.

22. newagerocker says: Jun 23, 2011 8:16 PM

I know everyone is going to be negative towards this but, it made me feel good that McNabb was back working out the The Eagles. He still has more of a bond with them than any other team. The guy just paid for half of a children’s hospital in the area, that’s why he’s here. Turn it into a feel good story instead of bagging on him.

23. melonnhead says: Jun 23, 2011 8:26 PM

Like Andy Reid’s family?

24. captainwisdom8888 says: Jun 23, 2011 8:57 PM

In all my years(23 haha) I’ve never known ANYONE that has caught as much flak while taking the high road 100% of the time. Donovan didn’t win the big one, but as an eagles fan I’d like to see some level of gratefulness from my brotheren for what McNabb has done for us all.

25. pflynn20 says: Jun 23, 2011 9:36 PM

Bring McNabb back to Philly to run the Wildcat…Hhahaha

26. backinblack67 says: Jun 23, 2011 9:47 PM

The sad part is he will be in a broadcast booth in 2 years. Nothing against McNabb, but what made him great was his wheels. His only chance is to be a mentor for a young QB, but I really doubt that would ever happen.

27. trollaikman8 says: Jun 23, 2011 10:07 PM

I always throw up and get tired at family reunions so yeah, good analogy McNabb.

28. eprn76 says: Jun 23, 2011 10:34 PM

Since he left for the skins, those games btwn Philly and Big D, just aren’t the same. As a C-Boys fan, he was one of those guys u loved to hate cuz of his nice guy attitude and his success, now we get to hate on Vick, not hard to do…

29. melonnhead says: Jun 24, 2011 12:47 AM

—————————————————–

You mean like when he said that that TO’s criticism of him was “black on black crime”?

30. kevsright says: Jun 24, 2011 6:22 AM

Bad Newz Vick is the screwed-up uncle who only stops by twice a year. After he leaves, you find your kids have started hangin’ on street corners, money is missing from the bedroom dresser, and the dog is found dead in the swimming pool with an extension cord wired to it’s gonads. :twisted:

31. raiderinpa says: Jun 24, 2011 8:58 AM

D Mac, forget Worshington and Philly… come to Oakland my man, big Al and Coach HuJack will treat you the way you SHOULD HAVE BEEN treated!!

32. gallaghedj311 says: Jun 24, 2011 8:59 AM

I ripped him regularly while he was here. Probably broke a shot glass or two watching screen pass after screen pass sail over 36 head. By he is a stand up guy and I too hope he finds an AFC team so I can cheer for him. Before last years crap season, it wasn’t unthinkable that he could join Kurt and tarkenton as the only QBs to throw 100 TDs with 2 different teams

33. ChopBlockMurph says: Jun 24, 2011 11:35 AM

nfceastisbeast says:

———————
    …said the miserable wretch of a human being who loves nothing better than to complain for the sake of complaining.

Seriously, what is your big problem with this story?