Brandon Marshall has regained his speed

BrandonMarshallGetty Getty Images

Though Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall has been out of sight for most of an eventual offseason, which included being stabbed by his wife, Marshall has laid the foundation for a successful season season in Miami.

Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that Marshall has gotten his 40-yard dash time consistently under 4.5 seconds, and that he has reached a maximum speed of 22.5 miles per hour.

Kelly’s information comes from trainer Matt Gates.  Marshall’s camp otherwise has been silent since the 2010 season ended.

It won’t be silent once the games start in 2011, if Marshall can run 22.5 miles per hour.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
19 Responses to “Brandon Marshall has regained his speed”
  1. hobartbaker says: Jun 27, 2011 9:27 PM

That’s with his wife chasing him, though.

2. backindasaddle says: Jun 27, 2011 9:28 PM

“Brandon Marshall has regained his speed”…….

…..running away from his knife wielding wife.

3. transam7816 says: Jun 27, 2011 9:34 PM

I bet if we gave him an hour…he wouldn’t reach 22.5 miles

4. vargafamily1 says: Jun 27, 2011 9:37 PM

It dosen’t really matter, does it? Brandon Marshall won’t be effective in the Dolphins offense. They’re scheme suck, the wild cat is old, and they’re coaching staff is suspect. Chad Henne ????

The Dolphins will have another sub-par year and serious changes will have to be made.

5. benh999 says: Jun 27, 2011 9:40 PM

Chad Henne can’t even throw the ball that fast. Maybe that was why they traded away Ginn…

6. firemarshal1 says: Jun 27, 2011 9:46 PM

Will Brandon Marshall show up and practice with his team mates? Football is a team sport. There is I in team……

7. vjaxmyboy says: Jun 27, 2011 10:10 PM

Bmarsh has a skill set to be one of the best wr’s ever, but hes a head case and a drama distraction. Time will tell but I dont think he will make Canton.(even w/ 22 catches in a game)

8. dbellina says: Jun 27, 2011 10:35 PM

It’s great that he can run fast again. Now if only he could learn how to catch the ball…..

9. FinFan68 says: Jun 27, 2011 10:53 PM

Brandon Marshall has regained his speed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Great! Now he can work on his attitude and ball-catching ability. He had some key drops last year.

10. phinfan says: Jun 27, 2011 11:09 PM

Great now work with henne!!!

11. innerlign says: Jun 28, 2011 3:12 AM

Straightline speed is overrated in the NFL. Can he cut like he used to?

12. doggz109 says: Jun 28, 2011 4:16 AM

Miami is quickly learning why Denver got rid of him. It’s sad really…..waste of so much talent.

13. brasho says: Jun 28, 2011 5:52 AM

Just under 4.5 by somebody that’s being paid by the athlete to make him faster and using a hand timer is probably not as good as the 4.55 he ran at the combine, electronic time.

There was never any question about Marshall’s speed, he never was a burner by any means, it’s about his intelligence, heart, attitude, and hands… as far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

14. skoobyfl says: Jun 28, 2011 6:04 AM

Unfortunately for him, his wife runs a 4.35 @ 23.5 MPH.

15. marinephinfan says: Jun 28, 2011 8:39 AM

Marshall needs to learn that crazy women aren’t worth it. Sure, for the most part they are good in bed, but in the end they’ll kill, or attempt to, kill you. I’m not saying that Marshall is 100% innocent in his domestic problems, but he hasn’t stabbed anyone…at least not yet.

If Marshall can get sane people around him he’ll do fine. To the people who knock him for dropping balls last season, I suspect there are a couple of good expanations for this.

A) He was in his first year of learning a new offense.

B) He’s had to adjust to three different throwinf styles. (Penny, Henne, Thiggy)

C) IMO I think he still has issues with the nerve damage he suffered when he cut his arm in 2007 (2008?). I believe I’ve read where he said that he played an entire season with a numb hand. I’ve had nerves severed in my shoulder when I had surgery. It’s been over 7 years and I still have numbness in that shoulder and even somewhat in the top of my bicep. I was initially numb from my neck to my forearm and it took years for some of the feeling to come back.

16. liltifer says: Jun 28, 2011 9:15 AM

” IMO I think he still has issues with the nerve damage he suffered when he cut his arm in 2007 (2008?). I believe I’ve read where he said that he played an entire season with a numb hand. I’ve had nerves severed in my shoulder when I had surgery. It’s been over 7 years and I still have numbness in that shoulder and even somewhat in the top of my bicep. I was initially numb from my neck to my forearm and it took years for some of the feeling to come back.”

That might be an issue if he hasn’t had any good seasons since then. I’m not sure when he was stabbed, but even if it was after the 2008 season, that means he still has a 100-catch season on his resume AFTER that incident. If it was 2007, then he has 2 100-catch seasons under his belt since then.

17. berniemadoffsides says: Jun 28, 2011 9:45 AM

Kolb to Miami for a 1st… Marshall’s probably praying for that every day.

18. goawayeverybody says: Jun 28, 2011 11:17 AM

All I can say is that if the Dolphins actually let Chad Henne start this season, this article will be a moot point.

19. thephantomstranger says: Jun 28, 2011 12:02 PM

Big deal. Michael Scott can run 31 miles per hour.