Fins make sweet one-day season-ticket offer

82902222

Our good friend Dan Patrick pointed out earlier today on his well-listened-to national radio and TV show that now is the time to buy NFL season tickets, given that teams are willing to offer great deals in order to move the merchandise.

And he’s right.

We assume that other teams will do the same thing.  And if you’re willing to take the chance that you’ll ultimately be giving the local NFL franchise an interest-free loan, it could be a great time to get a great deal.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
21 Responses to “Fins make sweet one-day season-ticket offer”
  1. ralphshere says: Jun 30, 2011 9:43 PM

Great, spring ball?

2. footballphan says: Jun 30, 2011 9:52 PM

For some reason, this does not seem to bode well for the future of our season to me. Many other teams have already had their season tix + single tix scheduling dates, and have offered no such deal. I hope that this news is not because of the recent events, b/c Miami is the only team that has offered this, and it coincidentally happened today.

3. gitlin1 says: Jun 30, 2011 9:58 PM

Ah ya. Not in Philly. The Team has no available tickets. Try $250 for 1 ticket on Stub Hub.

4. jbl429 says: Jun 30, 2011 10:01 PM

Wow, if my team makes that offer, I’m all over it.

5. whoknowsnothing says: Jun 30, 2011 10:32 PM

If only I was in Miami. I would have bought at least 4 sets of them!

6. schmitty2 says: Jun 30, 2011 10:50 PM

Considering the current roster that might still be charging too much

7. tjacks7 says: Jun 30, 2011 10:57 PM

Dallas made a similar offer. $250 per game and you have to watch from a big screen outside of the stadium.

8. moneymike23 says: Jun 30, 2011 11:00 PM

“The Dolphins offered today a $25-per-game season-ticket package, for a total of $250 per season ticket.”

Was anybody else confused after reading this sentence.

9. rebdaddie says: Jun 30, 2011 11:30 PM

10. valman61 says: Jun 30, 2011 11:46 PM

Ya my 3rd row mezzanine club seats costs 2500 each, 5k for the pair. Not counting the 15k spent on the psl (7500 each). I guess capitalized over 25 years (life of stadium) is 30 more per game. So 2650 each.

11. emil4423 says: Jun 30, 2011 11:55 PM

@ moneymike $25 x 10games=$250
    2 preseason
    8 reg season

12. virusgvr says: Jun 30, 2011 11:56 PM

Why would it be 250 per season ticket? Especially when they are offering 25 bucks a game. 8 home games a year times 25 bucks is 200.00 are they banking on making the AFC championship game this year as the home team? I don’t understand where they are getting there math from?

13. footballisking says: Jun 30, 2011 11:57 PM

We assume that other teams will do the same thing. And if you’re willing to take the chance that you’ll ultimately be giving the local NFL franchise an interest-free loan, it could be a great time to get a great deal.

You left out the key part that only bad teams are offering the deals….good teams have not lowered the price at all…Go on any site and try and buy tickets to any good team and you will see that the lockout is not offering any hope to fans of good teams

14. bolt4life says: Jul 1, 2011 12:15 AM

Moneymike23, if you are confused its because they force season ticket holders to buy preseason too. So 10 games. I wish mmy Bolts would offer this deal so I can return mine and rebuy :D

15. cornersss says: Jul 1, 2011 2:23 AM

“They sold out in a few hours. Worst thing about this is I won’t be getting the new seat relocation I requested and will get to sit next to someone who paid several hundreds of dollars less than me for their tix. Nice way to treat a 10 year Season Ticket holder. Will be hard pressed to renew next year”

Something about this seems elitist.

16. cornersss says: Jul 1, 2011 2:24 AM

“Why would it be 250 per season ticket? Especially when they are offering 25 bucks a game. 8 home games a year times 25 bucks is 200.00 are they banking on making the AFC championship game this year as the home team?”

Um, 8 home games and 2 home preseasons games =10 =$250.

17. rolandsloan says: Jul 1, 2011 3:39 AM

You are going to have people who got their season
    tickets for $250 on bargain day sitting next to people who in good faith, paid maybe $600 for theirs. The $600 guy isn’t gonna be happy.

18. db105 says: Jul 1, 2011 3:43 AM

Did the phins offer the same price to their current season ticket holders with seats in the same area?

19. phillyfinsfan says: Jul 1, 2011 4:55 AM

Considering the team won one game at home last season, still a bad deal.

20. coolheir says: Jul 1, 2011 7:21 AM

…hmmm….Fist pumps and field goals are goin’ dirt cheap these days….

21. tropicalbamboo says: Jul 1, 2011 1:36 PM

The $25 tickets were for upper corner seats that I wouldn’t sit in if they paid me $25. Those seats are always the last to sell. There was also a four ticket per customer maximum.