Ochocinco goes off on Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis

Chicago Bulls v Miami Heat - Game Four Getty Images

Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco is continuing to insist that he’ll do as he pleases during the lockout, and the scoffing from Bengals owner Mike Brown that he wants football players, not bull riders or alligator wrestlers, is only going to make Ochocinco feel more strongly.

“Mr. Brown, it’s a lockout,” Ochocinco told the 2 Live Stews. “Therefore I can do whatever I please.”

“Hopefully Marvin is doing this maybe to help me out,” Ochocinco said. “Maybe he is trying to cause friction between himself and me. Maybe he doesn’t like me for real. If he doesn’t like me, well, I don’t like him either. Maybe he’s doing this to help the situation out. Maybe he’s trying to do this to show Mike Brown I don’t think I can coincide with Chad, but dammit I can’t coincide with him either, and if he really feels that way when I see him I’m going to whoop his ass.”

Ochocinco also weighed in on a couple of teammates, saying he hasn’t talked to Carson Palmer but is confident Palmer won’t return to Cincinnati, and saying that he knew nothing at all about Terrell Owens‘ torn ACL. Apparently that was one scoop the Ochocinco News Network wasn’t able to get.

Permalink 57 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
57 Responses to “Ochocinco goes off on Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis”
  1. trbowman says: Jun 30, 2011 12:06 PM

I lost respect for Chad, he never fought Zbikowski.

2. dequan81 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:06 PM

WHAT?! I’m pretty tired of Chad these days.

3. hobartbaker says: Jun 30, 2011 12:07 PM

T.O. tore his ACL dodging child support payments.

4. thephantomstranger says: Jun 30, 2011 12:07 PM

I think threatening physical harm to your head coach is grounds for drumming this goofball out of the league. Is there anyone who isn’t sick of his antics? Can we live without him?

5. eaglesnoles05 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:07 PM

Co-exist?

6. umbskinsfan says: Jun 30, 2011 12:11 PM

“i can do whatever i please”

interesting choice of words… i guess practicing and playing football doesnt fall in that category?

majority of players are still training hard, and going to practices when they can…you can see who really cares about football

7. TurdSandwich says: Jun 30, 2011 12:11 PM

Did Chad sign the “Pickens Clause”? Sounds like he’s getting into that territory.

8. tnazvol says: Jun 30, 2011 12:11 PM

“Maybe he’s trying to do this to show Mike Brown I don’t think I can coincide with Chad, but dammit I can’t coincide with him either”

Sounds like Chad’s been taking speech lessons from Emmet Smith…..

9. twitter:Chapman_Jamie says: Jun 30, 2011 12:14 PM

Follow this guy on twitter, he is a self obsessed egomaniac that while extremely entertaining, is irritating. Why I continue to follow him is beyond me.

10. pacificnw7722 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:15 PM

“And if he really feels that way when I see him I’m going to whoop his ass.”

The Bungles rock!

11. pskotte says: Jun 30, 2011 12:18 PM

Ought to be interesting – WR with alligator arms goes alligator wrestling.

12. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: Jun 30, 2011 12:18 PM

Bengals owner Mike Brown that he wants football players

Really? Sure could of fooled me with some of the business decisions he’s made over the years.

13. harrystamper41 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:19 PM

zbikowski would have knocked chad into a whole different level of retardation even if they fought with sockem bockems. hell id love to see the ochocinco vs marvin lewis fight i guarantee marvin would kick his ass

14. danimalk82 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:22 PM

I would’ve loved to see Ochocinco on the Pats, and I thought that they would be stepping outside of the box to get him, but after saying he’d whip Marvin Lewis’ ass, I can almost guarantee there’s no way Belichick allows Chad on his team.

15. packerrube13 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:24 PM

I love Ocho. He’s good for the league, even if his numbers are average at best for a WR1.

16. bleedgreen says: Jun 30, 2011 12:24 PM

I agree with Chad on the Mike Brown thing. If you won’t let me come to work, then you don’t get to tell me what I can and can’t do.

17. duanethomas says: Jun 30, 2011 12:24 PM

The funny thing is Chad and Marvin get along just fine, he’s always poking Marvin by threating to “whip his ass”. Chad is pulling our chain, take it for what it is…….Harmless ranting of a jokester.

18. Kaz says: Jun 30, 2011 12:26 PM

You call that “going off”…..

19. p4hbiz says: Jun 30, 2011 12:26 PM

Please trade him to my Raiders, he would make this year “O” something really special.

20. theduuuuuuuuuude says: Jun 30, 2011 12:31 PM

Does anyone really listen when this guy talks anymore?

21. ShaneShake says: Jun 30, 2011 12:37 PM

Ocho is one of the most interesting players in the league, and his big mouth hides how hard of a worker he actually is. He takes his craft seriously, trains hard, and realizes there’s life outside the gridiron. He says stupid things, but he also is in the right in many situations. Mike Brown’s a turd for saying he shouldn’t do anything else except focus on football.

It doesn’t matter he’s not a true #1 anymore, there are only about 10 of those guys in the league anyways. Doesn’t mean all the others have to shut the f up.

22. dickroy says: Jun 30, 2011 12:40 PM

This guy is too much into himself to ever be any kind of team player with any team! Same with TO.

23. nard100 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:41 PM

Chad,

Did you take your medicine today? Please check. thought so.

24. tformation says: Jun 30, 2011 12:55 PM

Adam S. at ESPN is smoking crack if he thinks Ochocinco is going to the Bears after this tirade. Hard to beat the “coach killer” rap when you threaten to kick your current coach’s ass.

25. tk1966 says: Jun 30, 2011 12:56 PM

“If he doesn’t like me, well, I don’t like him either.”

Really? What is this, the whining of a 4th grade girl finding out her playground crush doesn’t like her?

26. rajbais says: Jun 30, 2011 12:58 PM

Chad should change his name again.

His new name should be “Chad Uh-oh Spaghettios”!!!

27. watermelon1 says: Jun 30, 2011 1:09 PM

i LOVE how everyone is against Chad here. The only joke in this situation is Mike Brown.

He wants football players, not bull-riders or soccer players, or horse racers…

well, then why he is so stubborn and insistent on keeping Chad on the team? Chad WANTED to leaves years ago. But they refuse to let him go, even to this day. Shoot, years ago the Bengals might have even gotten something for Chad in a trade. But I think everyone has seen what this team’s problem has really been, and that’s the QB. Carson is good enough to put up stats, so if you ONLY look at stats then you might think he’s not the problem. But if you watch the games… it’s obvious.

There’s a similar situation brewing in Baltimore… we’ll have to wait and see if the Ravens overpay that guy if he fails to improve this year.

28. sports_dude says: Jun 30, 2011 1:12 PM

If you follow this guy on twitter, he is always saying he’s going to whup someone’s ass, it’s a joke people. Still a moron though

29. BobHiggins says: Jun 30, 2011 1:14 PM

Football will be a better game without Chad Johnson and the rest of the prima donnas.

They add nothing to the game but ridiculous distraction.

30. CKL says: Jun 30, 2011 1:16 PM

harrystamper41 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 12:19 PM
    ____________________________
    First it should be Hue Jackson. Chad already knows he can knock that dude out.

31. writtenbyross says: Jun 30, 2011 1:29 PM

Obviously some responsibility falls on Chad, but obviously most of the blame falls on his parents who clearly didn’t give him the love and attention he needed as a child.

32. qj1984 says: Jun 30, 2011 1:36 PM

Hmmmmmm, is there any doubt left about who punched Marvin Lewis at half time of that playoff game back in 2005?

33. PurpleRaid18 says: Jun 30, 2011 1:36 PM

“His new name should be ‘Chad Uh-oh Spaghettios’!!!”
    ____________________________________

True, but that may not fit on his jersey…

34. psuravens19 says: Jun 30, 2011 1:38 PM

I love Chad Johnson and for anyone that takes him seriously, I feel bad for you.

35. ramofsteel says: Jun 30, 2011 1:50 PM

You know what, I’m w/ Chad on this one. I hate how players are supposed to be all “goody 2 shoes” and as long as their not breaking the law, let them do what they want. Their performance speaks for itself. We’ll know if they have been workin out and preparing.

36. palinforpresidentofnorthkorea says: Jun 30, 2011 1:51 PM

Would pay to watch Marvin and Chad in the Oklahoma drill over and over again until Chad pukes.

37. hatesycophants says: Jun 30, 2011 1:54 PM

I hate Ohio.

38. FinFan68 says: Jun 30, 2011 1:54 PM

Chad’s antics are old. He knows that he can’t distinguish himself through his play on the field so he does it through false bravado, rhetoric and assinine stunts. He may be a decent guy but he is not professional and his distractions are damaging to his team. Get rid of him and he can some more unwatched reality shows with Owens.

39. thegonz13 says: Jun 30, 2011 1:55 PM

40. thetooloftools says: Jun 30, 2011 2:07 PM

Ocho and T.O. are just “fake friends”. They were never “boyz” like they wanted us to think.

41. Nevis says: Jun 30, 2011 2:14 PM

I think it’s time for Chad Johnson to quit the NFL and join the SFL (Sideshow Football League).

42. chicago240 says: Jun 30, 2011 2:31 PM

He may have done 3 years of college but I’ll take a flyer here and guess his transcript would indicate words like “co-exist”, “humility”, and “teammate” were not on the syllabuses of any of his courses. Just lucky he lives in a society that so richly rewards his particular gifts.

43. stugie says: Jun 30, 2011 2:34 PM

HOLY CRAP CHAD WENT OFF!!!!!

Why is it that a story like this has to have a title that does not fit the article.

44. geniusesq says: Jun 30, 2011 2:43 PM

The Bengals are held hostage. Their situation is a mess.

45. londonbengal says: Jun 30, 2011 2:49 PM

Chad Johnson = 4 time AFC yardage champion, perennial pro-bowler, HOF pace.

Oct ’06 name change to ‘Ochocinco’, opening day ’07 v Ravens, wears ‘HOF?’ cream jacket.

Since then, Chad Ochocinco = jerk

46. shadowgm1 says: Jun 30, 2011 2:50 PM

@thegonz13:

Yeah, Ochocinco kind of always reminds me of Darnell Jefferson from the movie “The Program”. Every time I see Chad do an interview and play his “scholarly” role, I hear Hallie Berry saying, “Will you stop using those words? It makes you sound ridiculous…You don’t even know how to use them right. Pretending to be smart is not the same thing as being educated, it’s just a con, it makes you sound stupid…no matter how big of a prospect you are.”

47. teehov843 says: Jun 30, 2011 2:54 PM

2 Live Stews is the best sports talk show ever!

48. whatswiththehate says: Jun 30, 2011 3:15 PM

I like Chad. He’s not generic and seems to have a mind of his own, which seems to bother those who enjoy printing everything he does. Strange isn’t it….

49. ezdoesit209 says: Jun 30, 2011 3:17 PM

When Chad is 80 and sitting in his rocking chair at least he won’t have a bunch of what-ifs… Like: What if I rode a bull?! What if I wrestled a alligator?! What if I tried out for a professional soccer team?! What if I made millions of dollars and supported my family… AND donated my time and money to multiple charities?! What if I had a bunch of HATERS who claimed that they were tired of me but keep my name in their mouth?!

*shrug* As far as I’m concerned he’s only guilty of having a good time! lol

50. schmitty2 says: Jun 30, 2011 3:28 PM

Dalton and Green will make fans forget Palmer and Ocho even existed in the next 2-3 years

51. thegonz13 says: Jun 30, 2011 3:30 PM

@ shadowgm1
    Beautiful quote, my friend, and way to complete my thought!

52. txhc says: Jun 30, 2011 3:40 PM

“Ochocinco also said that if Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is going to side with Brown over him, then he may need to whip Lewis’s ass.”

I lol’d pretty hard at this.

53. EJ says: Jun 30, 2011 3:55 PM

Lewis and Mr Richy Rich the owner do need to mind their own business, this is a LOCKOUT. Unless these owners start forking out $$, they own no one.

54. warner2fitz says: Jun 30, 2011 5:04 PM

I pity Brown & Lewis having 2 put up w/Ocho Stinko & all his BS!!! He’s an idiot who has no sense of respect & deserves all venom his teammates, coaches & ownership can spit in his egotistical face. I would never want TO or el stinko on my team…maybe they should start their own soap opera show 2gether since they all r disappearing off TV one by one. Both guys r 2 peas in a pod…cancerous!!!

55. whitemike55 says: Jun 30, 2011 5:11 PM

I just can’t imagine Andre Johnson saying he is going to have to whip Kubiaks ass…

What a clown…..

I feel sorry for Bengals fans.

56. irchs1963 says: Jun 30, 2011 5:55 PM

Ocho, your quote of “Mr. Brown, it’s a lockout; therefore I can do whatever I please.” Ocho, bull riding and alligator wrestling is not your profession, football is your profession, as Mike Brown who pays your salary states – you knucklehead !!! It’s a good thing a below normal IQ is accepted to be able to play in the NFL !!

57. slobberknockered says: Jul 2, 2011 9:13 PM

thegonz13 -Why is this bonehead using the verb “coincide” so often? Didn’t three years of college teach him about the verb “coexist”?

thegonz13, he meant “coincide.”

Coincide–verb (used without object), -cid·ed, -cid·ing. 1. to occupy the same place in space, the same point or period in time, or the same relative position.

Vs.

Coexist – To exist together, at the same time, or in the same place. 2. To live in PEACE with another or others.

LOL. Chad knew exactly what he wanted to say.
    He does not want to be a Bengal.