Replica Super Bowl ring can be yours for low price of $2,499

AP

Who says the economy is struggling?

We still live in a country where the Super Bowl champion team can sell a replica Super Bowl ring to fans for $2,499 and some people will actually buy it.

In an email to season ticket holders this week, Packers CEO Mark Murphy unveiled a big inventory of rings and Super Bowl jewelry, according the Green Bay Press-Gazette. That included a 10-karat ring which identifies the owner as a season-ticket holder or Packers shareholder.

41 responses to “Replica Super Bowl ring can be yours for low price of $2,499

1. It’s Wisconsin……..Lets milk this cow til it’s dry…the NFL has no shame in it’s quest for greed…None…

2. OR, you can just wait for winter and pick one up a lot cheaper in any Green Bay pawn shop.

3. So, to review: For only $2,499, you can wear a cheap imitation of the ring given to the people who actually accomplished something you had nothing to do with while you were helping to pay their salary.

Kinda like how Rosenthal is a cheap imitation of a journalist that blogs about something he has nothing to do with and knows nothing about?

4. I don’t have the finances to swing this purchase at the moment …… But I’ve already started a fund to purchase the ‘Three-Peat SB Ring’ to be sold after the 2012 season ….. How sweet it is to be a PackFan in the 21st century …….

5. I don’t see what’s wrong with this. Fans pay lots of money to buy jerseys of players that are eventually traded or cut. So what’s the difference? If selling replica jersey is ok, why selling replica SB rings tacky?

6. I’ve ordered 7 rings! Getting them for my wife, brothers Randy, Mark, Vern, Daughter Brett, and my sister. It’s good to be a Packer Fan! It’s gonna be the best Christmas ever!

7. Wow, saying the fans had nothing to do with them winning? Thats messed up.

And I dont think $2,500 is cheap.

8. carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:45 AM
    _________________

You named your daughter Brett? Is she the one who plays football?

9. I enlarged the photo of Aaron Rodgers’ ring for use as a computer desktop image. You would not believe the amount of 3-D detail that is evident in the miniature depiction of Lambeau Field.

Seriously, you can literally see all of the light standards and count the sections in the seating bowl itself.

10. thephantomstranger says:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:53 AM

You named your daughter Brett? Is she the one who plays football?

________________

It’s pronounced B-r-I-t-t. Yes, she was a starting lineback for her high school team… how do you know? YOu a stalker or something?

11. carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:45 AM

* * * * * * * * * *

That would be 6 rings, if you’re counting yourself (assuming that your wife and your sister are the same person, like mine is).

12. bubbabart says: Jun 30, 2011 11:01 AM

Dirt bag Wisconsin…Land of creep Paul Ryan and the attack on workers!

**************************************************

Great point…moron

For the rest of you, I’m sure there are 31 other NFL teams/cities (sports franchises for that matter) that would love to have the loyalty and devotion the Green Bay Packers fans show.

13. awesome idea considering how important the season ticket holders and shareholders are for that franchise. they don’t have a rich jerry jones and his chequebook. i believe it was 3 seasons ago when dwight freeneys salary for the year was the same as the packers team profit. this is a true case of no fans, no team. packers fans run that show and i think its a classy move. expensive but classy.

14. Good for tattooing cold, hard facts onto the forehead of bandwagoner fans of the expansion team to the West who like to run their sucks.

15. carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:45 AM
    _________________

That’s a lot of money, Carl. The roadkill disposal business must be doing well.

16. dempsey63 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 11:11 AM

______________

That’s just sick. What are you people from minnesota or something? Or mabye illinios? Why don’t you get off our thread? Nobody wants you here.

17. thephantomstranger says:
    Jun 30, 2011 12:25 PM

That’s a lot of money, Carl. The roadkill disposal business must be doing well.

_______________

I’m getting a second mortgage. Application is in, just waiting for the appraisal to come through and Super Bowl rings, here I come! Can’t wait!

18. sneckel23 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 9:48 AM
    If I could, I would buy one.

——————————————————————-

Because you’re a pathetic, athletically inferior, inbred idiot who lives off the accomplishments of others…

Pathetic idiot.

19. Real fans of the World Champions turned the page a week after the Pittsburgh game last February. They turned it to the page of the first team in SB history to three-peat. That is the one and only goal.

20. supersuckers3 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 12:33 PM
    _______________

21. @thephantomstranger says:
    Jun 30, 2011 1:01 PM
    supersuckers3 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 12:33 PM
    _______________

================================

No, that would be JETS fans!!!!!

22. When the Red Sox started winning, I didn’t think any other fans could be as obnoxious as they are. I was wrong, Packer fans have surpassed them.

23. So you’re saying the fans and season ticket holders had nothing to do with they’re winning??? If it wasn’t for the fans, there wouldn’t be any merchandising revenue, huge television contracts, National Football League or football championships. There also wouldn’t be this website and you wouldn’t have this job.

24. kcjohnson2 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:08 AM
    “So, to review: For only $2,499, you can wear a cheap imitation of the ring given…”

————————————————–

That’s not true, kc.
    The ad clearly states that, for a mere $399, a season ticket holder or Packer “shareholder” can opt for a much less expensive cheap imitation made from some pot metal called “Lustrium”.
    It further states that those that don’t have season tickets or a “share” can order the “Ultimate Fanboy Ring” that will only set you back $1999 ($299 for “Lustrium”)!

Or a Packer fan can send in 250 boxtops from a package of “Breakfast Blitz” cereal (a fraction of the hoard stashed in the root cellar) to receive an authentic Brett Favre secret decoder ring fashioned in the finest tin! It has a built in compass so you don’t get lost in the woods huntin’ and a whistle that simulates the calls/ cries of literally thousands of different tasty critters, luring them to their lead-poisoned doom!

25. dempsey63 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 11:06 AM

(Up) 6 (Down) 9

* * * * * * * * * *

Do you think I’m putting you on? Apparently the image is laser-engraved, and you would be awed by the artistry if you simply took a leap of faith and enlarged the ring to full-screen size. Has anybody else here done as I suggested? If so, is what I said true?

26. The shot on fans having nothing to do was a low blow and an insult to us.
    There is a reason it’s called a ‘home field advantage’ and it’s not just the stadium.
    Why do teams have so many false starts in Seattle? LOUD FANS

You owe the fans of football and the readers of this site an apology!
    Disrespectful the statement was to all of us who read and follow the NFL.

27. nightman13 says:
    Jun 30, 2011 10:09 AM
    You could paint a turd green and yellow and those idiots would buy it.
    ——————————————-

28. steel6timesover says:
    Jun 30, 2011 11:52 AM
    Threepeat, ha not. They won’t even repeat this year, if there is one. Is there anyone who isn’t inbred in Wisconsin.
    ———————————————

It’s spelled “hybrid.” Thanks for playing.

29. dfeltz says:
    Jun 30, 2011 1:22 PM
    ——————————————-

Without ever knowing what winning feels like, aren’t you somewhat ill-equipped to have this opinion?

30. “Of course real Packer fans are expecting to three-peat. Real Packer fans are the most delusional people on Earth.”

A Viking fan calling a Packer fan delusional? You serious? If I recall you losers were chanting Super Bowl right at the beginning of last season before falling apart like the franchise you are.

31. “You may be right. The problem would be finding the right Viking fan willing to paint himself green and yellow.”

Haha that was good. Made me laugh out loud.

32. Of course real Packer fans are expecting to three-peat. Real Packer fans are the most delusional.

—–

I correctly predicted another Green Bay Packer World Championship after the New England loss. Please explain how that was delusional. I look forward to your response “phanton stranger”