T.O. pitches a sitcom based on his life

terrell-owens Getty Images

As he gets closer and closer to the end of his football career, receiver Terrell Owens is doing everything he can to lay the foundation for the continuation of his money-for-nothing lifestyle.

According to The Daily, T.O. is shopping a sitcom titled 8 & 1.  Naturally, T.O. would be the star.

“It’s loosely based on my life and my career.  I have four kids by three different moms,” Owens said.  “It will showcase my skills as an actor, which is something I want to do after football.”

Owens, who currently is recovering from a torn ACL, would play “Terrell O’Neal” (why even bother to revise the name?), an NFL player nearing the end of his career.  The fictional T.O. lives with his mother, his best friend, two women with whom he fathered children, and four kids.

“It’s no different from football — it’s all about hard work,” Owens said about acting. “I have a good work ethic.  If I can put the same effort into acting.  Now I watch a movie and I pay attention to camera angles and body language.  It’s 3-D.”

But it’s not just about hard work.  It’s about talent.  And based on his past efforts to play himself, both on Tosh.0 and Owens’ now-defunct reality show on VH1, his acting talent doesn’t match his football talent.

Of course, the lack of acting talent didn’t impede Roseanne Barr or Jerry Seinfeld.  So maybe T.O. is onto something.

Permalink 58 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
58 Responses to “T.O. pitches a sitcom based on his life”
  1. ravensfan4life52 says: Jul 6, 2011 1:36 PM

no one wants to watch that b.s. there are already enough crappy shows on tv

2. robertamberg says: Jul 6, 2011 1:37 PM

The character in Necessary Roughness seems modeled after him or Ochocinco.

3. pooflingingmonkey says: Jul 6, 2011 1:42 PM

“It’s loosely based on my life and my career. I have four kids by three different moms,” Owens said.

Very few people find multiple children born out of wedlock to be a humorous situation.

4. rc33 says: Jul 6, 2011 1:42 PM

Mind-numbing.
    What an ego.
    Why would anyone willingly watch this?

5. tundey says: Jul 6, 2011 1:43 PM

How can you say money-for-nothing lifestyle when you argued just last week that he ought to be a first ballot HOF? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/29/t-o-should-be-a-first-ballot-hall-of-famer-but/

Sure he’s been involved in questionable (not in the legal sense) post-football choices but for the most part of the list, he’s worked hard to be a HOF football player.

6. schmitty2 says: Jul 6, 2011 1:44 PM

It should be titled “Sit-ups, popcorn, and unpaid child support”

7. prior0knowledge says: Jul 6, 2011 1:47 PM

Sounds like fun. I’d watch if the jokes were funny

8. 4gone says: Jul 6, 2011 1:48 PM

“Now I watch a movie and I pay attention to camera angles and body language.”

I watched 10 seasons of ER and 5 seasons of Top Chef but I doubt your letting me do surgery and I am incapable of making toast.

9. joshsports6000 says: Jul 6, 2011 1:52 PM

If you don’t read the title of the show, you would think it’s another episode of Jerry Springer.

10. pacificnw7722 says: Jul 6, 2011 1:53 PM

You should have Travis Henry as your coach. T.O. has a long way to go to catch up with him.

11. realfann says: Jul 6, 2011 1:53 PM

@4gone

but you can watch 10 seasons of NFL and 5 seasons of college ball and become a football expert blogger or journalist who can rip coaches & players.

12. brasho says: Jul 6, 2011 1:56 PM

“I have four kids by three different moms,”

Wow, if that’s all it takes to become an actor, then Travis Henry and Antonio Cromartie are shoo ins for Oscars.

Give us a break already, the very few people that actually find his act anything less than tiresome and obnoxious, probably aren’t a target demographic: 40-year old morons living with their parents with kids from multiple moms, between jobs, and IQs less than 80.

13. 90ragtop says: Jul 6, 2011 1:59 PM

You have GOT to be friggin’ kidding me…

14. berniemadoffsides says: Jul 6, 2011 2:01 PM

I’ll tell you what – if Terrell Owens rides a bull the way Chad did, I’ll watch it.

He’ll be doing Shape-Ups commercials with Joe Montana before you know it.

15. 808raiderinparadise says: Jul 6, 2011 2:02 PM

Whatta nice wholesome sitcom for kids to watch. The rich ego driven black athelete has 3 baby mommas, 4 kids, a divorce from cheating repeatedly and dates 22 yr old skanks on the side, while fighting for camrea time on and off the field, ripping teamates and doing front yard sit-ups.

LETS BE HONEST THO:
    1.) T.O’s best acting performance was, “Thats my quarterback man” … in the NFL movie, Tony Romo can’t win playoff games, Rated R.

16. suite34 says: Jul 6, 2011 2:05 PM

If he can get Michael Richards to play the kooky neighbor, I’d tune in.

17. mvp43 says: Jul 6, 2011 2:05 PM

“It’s loosely based on my life and my career. I have four kids by three different moms”

Now that’s a great message to send today’s youth T.O

That is really humorous. Why not call it 5 x15……

5 teams/15 years

18. pacificamjr says: Jul 6, 2011 2:12 PM

The Player needs to go away

19. ampats says: Jul 6, 2011 2:13 PM

Also in the show will be Antonio Cromartie who lives with his seven mamas of his eight kids who will be TO’s next door neighbor

And three of Cromartie’s kids are named Two as he shared during Hard Knocks.

20. hobartbaker says: Jul 6, 2011 2:13 PM

Sitcom is loosely based on his life. His life is loosely based on reality.

21. thetooloftools says: Jul 6, 2011 2:15 PM

This is known as “must not see tv”.

22. hobartbaker says: Jul 6, 2011 2:16 PM

An alternative title considered was “Black Bieber In Chains, But With Muscles”.

23. indianheadmeatpackingcompany says: Jul 6, 2011 2:16 PM

T.O. is on my list of people that I can not wait to hear from/about again. All he is is a massive ego filled with self pity. I can think of no players above him on any list of players that destroy teams faster and more effectively than he does.

24. homelanddefense says: Jul 6, 2011 2:16 PM

So a t.v. show that is based upon topics that most Americans feel are destroying our society.

I think Ill pass on this one.

25. gf2711 says: Jul 6, 2011 2:17 PM

I wonder how he’ll spin the pain killer overdose saga….

yeah I have 25 million reasons not to watch it

26. radrhatr says: Jul 6, 2011 2:17 PM

Can’t we just make a bust of him, put it in Canton and make him live on an island somewhere, where there’s no electricity or phone signal?

27. hobartbaker says: Jul 6, 2011 2:19 PM

With his career winding down, T.O. getting nervous about the prospect of life without a camera to mug for.
    If he ends up on the street he’ll set up his mattress under a street corner surveillance camera.

28. hystoracle says: Jul 6, 2011 2:33 PM

And Shawn Kemp can play his neighbor.

29. jmphinsfan says: Jul 6, 2011 2:34 PM

as long as Tyler Perry plays T.O. I will watch it.

30. petedutcher says: Jul 6, 2011 2:39 PM

Make him Charlies replacement on 2 1/2 men. They would be trading one primodonna for another!

31. Tim says: Jul 6, 2011 3:02 PM

I’d be wayyyy more interested in a show about Antonio Cromartie and his baby mommas than TO imho

32. blitzinc43 says: Jul 6, 2011 3:09 PM

seinfeld is a god.

33. illwillthemick says: Jul 6, 2011 3:24 PM

T.O. needs to disappeer and remain that way. or kill himself with a green and silver gun while eagles fan chant e..a..g…l…e…s…eagles!!! then BOOM!!!! Does this guy even have any fans?? lmao

34. facebook.com/joesimmonscomic AKA Slow Joe (Bucs fan) says: Jul 6, 2011 3:38 PM

Maybe the first episode could be about all his Super Bowl rings.

35. Deb says: Jul 6, 2011 3:46 PM

Roseanne and Seinfeld didn’t have the acting chops but they had comedic genius and the good sense to surround themselves with brilliant actors and let them shine. T.O.’s idea of funny is fathering four children by three women. And can you imagine him letting anyone else steal the spotlight? Ugh.

36. rcali says: Jul 6, 2011 3:51 PM

If people are watching a bunch of “housewives” with bad attitudes and bad cosmetic facial changes, they’ll watch this.

37. laeaglefan says: Jul 6, 2011 3:59 PM

Why would T.O. think that anyone is even remotely interested in watching a reality TV show about his life? Isn’t it bad enough that we had to watch him do situps in his driveway?

38. contraryguy says: Jul 6, 2011 4:02 PM

This sitcom, like most of em, needs a mouthy wife with a big can and a crazy neighbor. I’d cast Nicki Minaj for the wife and Ron Artest as ‘Metta’ the Guy next door.

First episode plot: TO loses his playbook and adlibs the opener. Ochocinco guest stars.

39. Deb says: Jul 6, 2011 4:14 PM

rcali says:

————————————————-

But that’s not a sitcom. It’s “reality.” Jerry Springer meets Gucci.

40. thegonz13 says: Jul 6, 2011 4:27 PM

Do we really need this? Honestly?

Seinfeld was “a show about nothing”. This would be a show about less than nothing loosely based on the life of a nobody.

Then again, if Two and a Half Men made Charlie Sheen borderline lovable, then how would Owens end up looking?

41. thegonz13 says: Jul 6, 2011 4:41 PM

On the upside, thank God I live in Canada… it keeps me safe from crummy shows on U.S. cable TV, like this monstrosity!

42. geefan1 says: Jul 6, 2011 4:47 PM

I think TNT is running one based on Braylon Edwards. I’ve seen ads for a show about a therapist who is trying to help a diva wide receiver who can’t hold onto the ball.

43. cincinnasti says: Jul 6, 2011 5:03 PM

“Four kids, Three women, and a Man”

44. poopbread says: Jul 6, 2011 5:19 PM

4 kids and 3 women? Thats low for an nfl player. If he had 3 kids by 4 women id be more impressed

45. contraryguy says: Jul 6, 2011 5:19 PM

How would it make TO look…. well Webster made Alex Karras look like a softie so anything’s possible.

Didn’t catch the plot details earlier, darn smartphone. So Nicki Minaj and Metta would have to be the landlord couple, like the Ropers. And the chick from Precious would have to be a baby mama, for max comic effect. If Martin could run for 5 years, then this could go at least a season with the right cast … wouldn’t be the worst thing on the tube. Maybe.

46. tk1966 says: Jul 6, 2011 5:20 PM

over

exposed

’nuff said

47. 808raiderinparadise says: Jul 6, 2011 5:24 PM

@cincinnasti

close… I edited it for you “Four Kids, 3 Baby Momma’s and 1/2 a man”
    ;)

48. tombrookshire says: Jul 6, 2011 6:13 PM

Sort of like Seinfeld of pro football, although they should get someone funny to play T.O. like Jamie Fox, or Tony Rock. Def not T.O.

49. nomoreseasontix says: Jul 6, 2011 6:16 PM

Oh please go away. Please??

50. schemefactory says: Jul 6, 2011 6:19 PM

i think there’s an ‘h’ missing in the term ‘sitcom’for that.

51. nomoreseasontix says: Jul 6, 2011 6:20 PM

Here’s hoping to never hear another word about this idiot…

52. granadafan says: Jul 6, 2011 6:23 PM

Why are people celebrating this terrible lifestyle of baby mommas? Society is going down the drain.

53. mdnittlion says: Jul 6, 2011 7:58 PM

I can already see the catch phase for the show “I love me some me”.

The truth is this is America Charlie Sheen played the White version of the same character for years except one played piano and the other football. I know I know Charlie Sheen isn’t actually white.

If the show were about a dead beat former athlete trying to make it up to his kids I’d probably watch it, especially if Tyler Perry didn’t get involved than half the show would have a weird religious theme that would seems out of place.

54. commandercornpone says: Jul 6, 2011 9:03 PM

been watching this self-absorbed sponge for glory all these years…

his show will be titled “out of the closet”.

seriously.

55. balzosteel says: Jul 6, 2011 9:28 PM

Life Story Of Terrell Owens:

A-hole is born
    A-hole grows up
    A-hole plays football
    A-hole gets drafted by the 49ers
    A-hole does situps in driveway
    A-hole retires without a ring
    A-hole dies

The end.

56. brainsmasher says: Jul 6, 2011 11:53 PM

First let me say that I am totally against this idea for a tv show. It is morally reprehensible and without any redeeming social value–sort of like anything Tyler Perry is involved with.

However, judging from all of the reality crap that passes for must see tv I could see this show being a hit.

57. dirtdawg55 says: Jul 7, 2011 4:22 AM

Can’t wait for the episode where Octomom makes a guest appearance.

Yes, said with sarcasm, just in case you were wondering.

58. dirtdawg55 says: Jul 7, 2011 4:23 AM

Earlier this morning I pinched a loaf, based on T.O.’s life. A turd was born, then it was flushed away.