Tom Brady plaintiffs plan conference call, but no deal is imminent

DeMaurice Smith AP

The plans for the conference call were reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen, but they also report that the sides are still far enough apart that finalizing the deal Thursday would be close to impossible.

Negotiations are ongoing today and scheduled to continue tomorrow. If a deal isn’t done tomorrow, the sides plan to keep negotiating through the weekend without the help of mediator Arthur Boylan, who is scheduled to leave for a vacation on Saturday.

A done deal, according to the report, is unlikely before next week.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
24 Responses to “Tom Brady plaintiffs plan conference call, but no deal is imminent”
  1. thephantomstranger says: Jul 7, 2011 3:42 PM

A done deal, according to the report, is unlikely before next week.
    ______

I’ll take it.

2. berniemadoffsides says: Jul 7, 2011 3:44 PM

Do you think we could find some rookies who would be down for sabotaging Boylan’s vacation so we can keep him working…?

3. bkidd81 says: Jul 7, 2011 3:46 PM

Leave it to “Tommy Football” to save the day. Don’t worry kittens! He can climbs trees too!!

4. thebraso says: Jul 7, 2011 3:49 PM

Not real sure how I feel about all this any more. Part of me wants football back the other part of me wants all of the people involved in dragging this out to suffer lost revenue for the season.

Really dont get why they couldnt have met and have been working towards this earlier in the year. It was no secret the players were decertifying gearing up for a fist fight. The players let it be known early on that they were “All In”, maybe the owners under estimated them, or maybe I am just tired of trying to figure out why and whos fault it is.

F’ m all

5. Soulman45 says: Jul 7, 2011 3:50 PM

When the deal is sign I will get happy but no more heart breaks.

6. buffalohogan says: Jul 7, 2011 3:51 PM

SO let me get this straight, I’m out working my a$$ off to make a dime, which i give to them and they are arguing, and fighting and twittering about whos gonna get to spend my money.

Okay i understand now.

Shut up and play.

7. zizzod says: Jul 7, 2011 3:52 PM

No one knows anything

8. eagiants says: Jul 7, 2011 4:04 PM

I feel like a little kid waiting for XMas. As a 4 year old you feel like it will never get here. I’m feeling that way right now. Come one Xmas in July!

9. dccowboy says: Jul 7, 2011 4:20 PM

A lack of a done deal by Saturday will make baby Jesus cry.

10. polishkingski says: Jul 7, 2011 4:41 PM

I SAY, PLEASE, NO MORE LOCK OUT POSTS TILL IT ENDS! I AM TIRED OF LOOKING FOR A REPORT THAT NEVER SEEMS TO COME.

11. johnny1979 says: Jul 7, 2011 4:44 PM

This all makes me want to throw up. I’m on pins and needles waiting for millionaires and billionaires to decide how to divide up tons and tons of money so I can have the “privledge” of paying to watch the games. They’re all smarter than me, because no matter what happens, I’ll always be a fan.

12. dryble says: Jul 7, 2011 4:48 PM

Tom Terrific will get it done.

13. andrewfbrowne says: Jul 7, 2011 4:48 PM

These always get done at the last possible second. It is as if the only thing that motivates them to get this done is the spectre of the loss of revenue hanging over thier heads.

the owners opted out two years and 144 days ago and it is only when they are going to start losing money from having to cancel pre-season games that this gets done.

Players and owners are exactly the same in this.

14. breeshasabush says: Jul 7, 2011 4:51 PM

Where’s all the people blaming Drew Brees at? This is the SAME exact thing Brees has been doing for months but since its Tom Brady he gets a pass…… morons

15. lesticles1983 says: Jul 7, 2011 4:55 PM

I honestly feel as though the NFL owners and the NFLPA have been purposely dragging their feet, in-order to take the most popular sport since the gladiator games, that much more popular. Both know that the fans of the NFL are as loyal as any, and that they could wait until the last minute to come together with a deal. And sure enough here we are on our hands and knees begging for them to get something done, only to applaude their hard “un-earned” efforts. WHO DAT and GEAUX TIGERS!!

16. ravensrule1208 says: Jul 7, 2011 4:55 PM

Another major day in negotiations has yielded nothing .What a surprise? Has anyone caught on to this line of crap they keep letting leak. They are not close they are just stringing us along so we keep buying there S**t. These guys are just world class A**holes

17. deadeye says: Jul 7, 2011 4:57 PM

This is a good sign. All these lawyers will be crying when the CBA is finally completed, all those billable hours lost.

18. realitypolice says: Jul 7, 2011 5:22 PM

Still not a single training camp practice, pre-season or regular season game missed. Just a reminder.

I feel terrible for all of those people on here who swore they were done with football and would never watch another NFL game no matter what.

I am sure the rest of us will miss them as we enjoy our full 16 game, never really in jeopardy, exciting NFL season starting exactly on time.

Oh, and the insane free agent signing period will be fun too.

Too bad. Well, those guys can always watch the bowling tournaments that come after NFL Sunday Countdown on ESPN if they get bored.

19. tommyf15 says: Jul 7, 2011 5:38 PM

buffalohogan says:

Yep, and while children are starving in Southeast Asia and there are ongoing wars in Africa and the Middle East, you’re on the internet whining about a sports labor dispute.

Perspective, my friend.

20. purpleman527 says: Jul 7, 2011 5:39 PM

“The plaintiffs in the Tom Brady v. NFL lawsuit are planning a conference call for tonight, but that does not mean they’re going to approve a settlement as part of a new deal between the players and the owners.”
    ———————————————

At least that is a reasonable statement on your part. Since no one knows anything, and the leaks that are coming out technically shouldn’t be coming out because of the gag order.

But try this one.

Maybe the conference call is about the players giving De Smith the go ahead to flip the bird and walk out of negotiations, just like last March.

21. whynotusecommonsense says: Jul 7, 2011 5:54 PM

Anyone else wonder how in this economy and the current state of the NFL, ESPN can justify the redundant salaries of Schefter and Mortensen?

Seriously, haven’t all lock out reports been simultaneously reported by both of them?

Eh, wake me when it ends.

22. bjtmeyer says: Jul 7, 2011 5:55 PM

Rich people drive me nuts.

23. mrtampa says: Jul 7, 2011 10:02 PM

Whats wrong with the way they did it last year? Players made big money…lots of toys. The owners made bigger money,,,bigger toys. The same way its gonna end up this year. SO WTF!!

24. gimmeabruschi says: Jul 8, 2011 1:33 AM

Oh my, the deal will be done next week. Hmmm, just around the time for a short camp and the preseason. Amazing. It’s hard to believe how lucky we fans are that they will be back in business just in time to take our money.

This is like most every other labor negotiation that has ever happened. Somehow at the 11th hour things get settled and everybody goes back to making money. The exceptions are few, and the money these guys stuff in their pockets is far too much to squander on anything resembling a principle.