Plaxico makes his feelings about the Eagles clear

Burress-Weapons Charge AP

It’s not a strange media-fulled coincidence that Plaxico Burress has repeatedly been tied to the Eagles.

While it’s questionable if Burress will remotely be a priority for Philadelphia, it seems rather clear Burress would like to go there.  One hint: He said so.

A fan asked on Twitter how many minutes it would take Burress to sign with Philadelphia after the lockout ends.

His response: “As soon as they will have me!”

BleedingGreenNation.com thinks Burress is joking, but we don’t. He probably gets a lot of similar questions on Twitter, and this is the one he responded to.

The better question is: Would you be willing to wait, and then take less money to sign in Philadelphia?  That’s what it may take to make the deal happen.

Permalink 60 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
60 Responses to “Plaxico makes his feelings about the Eagles clear”
  1. rayvens says: Jul 8, 2011 9:15 AM

———————————————
    Another fan asked “how many seconds does it take to put a safety on a gun?”

2. burgandyandgold says: Jul 8, 2011 9:19 AM

3. semperfi24 says: Jul 8, 2011 9:21 AM

If Burress was smart (I know, we could end this sentence with lots of things, lol) he would be open to the idea of signing with all 32 teams…

4. jw731 says: Jul 8, 2011 9:22 AM

He’s not gonna start in Philly…..And he’s not going to make starter’s money in philly…….Case closed.

5. drmonkeyarmy says: Jul 8, 2011 9:26 AM

Burgandyandgold,
    Stop being an ass and making assumptions about people because they are flamboyant. You are probably the same type of person that equated TO and Chad Johnson as criminals because of their ego. Point out where Avant, Maclin, or Jackson have ever been in trouble with the law. In fact, all three are known as contributing members of society who work hard at their craft. Stop making stereotypical statements.

6. berniemadoffsides says: Jul 8, 2011 9:34 AM

He’ll play for whoever gives him the most money… I’ve been saying that for months now.

7. typhilly21 says: Jul 8, 2011 9:36 AM

Cut Chad Hall. Sign burress. Eagles need a RZ threat more than they need a slow carney gadget player.

8. vikingbill1 says: Jul 8, 2011 9:37 AM

———————————————
    Another fan asked “how many seconds does it take to put a safety on a gun?”

—————————————————————How many hand guns have safeties???

9. zerored78 says: Jul 8, 2011 9:40 AM

Not sure why he wants to go to Philly. They are already loaded at the WR position. Philly’s not known for overpaying players either. There are many other teams where he’d have a much better shot at getting a lot of time on the field.

10. vtsquirm says: Jul 8, 2011 9:41 AM

“Would you be willing to wait, and then take less money to sign in Philadelphia?”

wait how long? by the time the CBA fiasco is over ( & FA signing period begins) the season is going to be starting. he’s not going to have time to wait around.

11. whathappenedtovox says: Jul 8, 2011 9:42 AM

burgandyandgold says: Jul 8, 2011 9:19 AM

____________________________

LOL, those same drunken felons that cheer on Vick in Philly also cheer on the Eagles once a year in DC, since… you know… the Redskins can’t even fill their stadium with their own fans.

12. movieman5 says: Jul 8, 2011 9:44 AM

@ burgandyandpiss
    __________________________________

says the frontrunning fan of a team with a racist logo/moniker and frontrunning fan base. (haven’t seen those fans for a few years huh?) what was that score that the eagles put up on that team with no fans in the stadium? 69 to 20 or something like that? that was almost as bad as what the birds did to the nj team. The NJ game was epic. Your game was just pathetic. Remember when your team paid worthless 100 mil. and then he just laid face down in the middle of a play while vick threw a TD. wow, just, wow

13. burgandyandgold says: Jul 8, 2011 9:55 AM

drmonkeyarmy – Eagle fans, long ago, lost their rights to any benefit of the doubt. They are a scourge to society.

By the way – I was on T.O.’s side when the Eagles threw him under the bus and I like Chad Johnson.

DeSean is a punk and if he acts in any way in real life like he does on the field he is a future felon.

14. skyefloorguy says: Jul 8, 2011 9:59 AM

———————————————
    Another fan asked “how many seconds does it take to put a safety on a gun?”

—————————————————————How many hand guns have safeties???

————————————–ALL MODERN GUNS HAVE SAFETIES.

15. melonnhead says: Jul 8, 2011 10:05 AM

It’s a perfect fit. Not much would be expected from him, the Eagles and their fans have lowered expectations by nature.

16. dcowboyfan says: Jul 8, 2011 10:07 AM

This guy is a complete idiot , one of the many things wrong with todays athletes. Sure, i hope the Pigeons sign this ” convict “. He will fit in quite well with all the rest of the Philly felons….
    Vick, King Dunlap, Jason Peters, and Akeem Jordan.
    Is Philly trying to make another remake of ” The Longest Yard ???
    If Coach Reid cant even keep his ” kids ” under control, how the hell can he keep these felons under wraps ???
    The new motto for the Eagles is…From the Clinc to the Linc !!!!
    Once again, they will be ” Next Years Champions “

17. philyeagles5 says: Jul 8, 2011 10:11 AM

vikingbill1 says:
    Jul 8, 2011 9:37 AM

———————————————
    Another fan asked “how many seconds does it take to put a safety on a gun?”

—————————————————————
    How many hand guns have safeties???
    ———————————————-
    dont all guns have safeties?

18. bleedgreen says: Jul 8, 2011 10:12 AM

vikingbill1 says: Jul 8, 2011 9:37 AM

—————————————————————How many hand guns have safeties???

—————————

All of them that aren’t revolvers?

19. MichaelEdits says: Jul 8, 2011 10:15 AM

I’d sign Plax long before I’d sign Moss, the shell of T.O., or whatever else is out there on the big-name move-some-tickets WR free agent market.

20. skippynj says: Jul 8, 2011 10:15 AM

Why do all the talking heads pronounce his name “PlExico” and not “PlAxico”? It’s spelled with an a, not an e. Does he pronounce it with an e, and if so, do you want a guy who can’t pronounce his own name correctly on your team? These are the vital Q’s that need to be answered, say I!

21. blakeneyj says: Jul 8, 2011 10:34 AM

Hate to say it but I feel the Chiefs will make him an offer he can not refuse. They need a compliment to DB.

22. gtmann says: Jul 8, 2011 10:38 AM

Plax will sign with ANY team thaqt makes an offer I just hope it is NOT my Eagles

23. jnbnet says: Jul 8, 2011 10:39 AM

===================================

I thought it was “placebo”

24. jw731 says: Jul 8, 2011 10:40 AM

@Billin DC….aka dccowboyfan.
    ——————————————-
    I know times are rough since you lost your wingman Vox….He was far more intelligent than you by the way, you always had that 4th grade schoolgirl retort…..Would you say that to his face?…Anyway, if you would like to go on a case by case basis, of the history of Eagles in trouble with the law, as compared to the Cowboys, i will be glad to discuss “felons”……

25. karlpilkington says: Jul 8, 2011 10:52 AM

I know the guy has done his time, and did more than he should have based on what Vick did and the time he spent in the poke (no pun intended) but does a NFL team really want 2 guys on the team that just got out of prison?

26. Mr. C says: Jul 8, 2011 10:54 AM

In all fairness I have a .40 cal glock with no safety (about 4 years old) I carry it around all the time while hunting as a backup. The key is though, do not put a bullet in the chamber until you are ready to shoot.

27. myeaglescantwin says: Jul 8, 2011 11:13 AM

Plax is sayin all the right things on the Baldinger show right now.

Asked if he would want to come to philly. he said that he would love to come in and find a nitch in his first year. // no talk of starting.

and he stated that the Phillies hat was a good indication of what he plans on doing.

28. nodecafplz1 says: Jul 8, 2011 11:15 AM

Say what you will about Eagles fans, we probably deserve it. But Andy and Lurie run a class organization.

29. melonnhead says: Jul 8, 2011 11:26 AM

———————————————————-

And if you don’t believe ‘em, just ask ‘em.

30. patswhatsup says: Jul 8, 2011 11:26 AM

Really, if plax truly has been humbled by his experience, I do believe his crime is one that should be forgiven. All in all yes, he did something incredibly stupid. He’s also lucky that nobody was hurt. That said, he was in prison for 2 years. Time served Plax. Please do what you can to be a good role model going forward. Good luck.

31. johnnyjagfan says: Jul 8, 2011 11:26 AM

Plax + Vick = Lots of TDs. Vick won’t have to aim as much. I’d love to see Plax in Jax! Small market, fewer media types questioning him, we need an experienced WR…c’mon, Gene!

32. necrondi says: Jul 8, 2011 11:34 AM

skyefloorguy says:
    Jul 8, 2011 9:59 AM

———————————————
    Another fan asked “how many seconds does it take to put a safety on a gun?”

—————————————————————How many hand guns have safeties???

————————————–ALL MODERN GUNS HAVE SAFETIES.

No, they don’t. Why comment when you know nothing about guns.

33. necrondi says: Jul 8, 2011 11:36 AM

Mr. C says:
    Jul 8, 2011 10:54 AM

Na brah, the key is to not have your finger on the trigger until you’re ready to shoot. The gun WILL NOT go off unless YOU pull the trigger.

34. CKL says: Jul 8, 2011 11:42 AM

Mr. C says:
    Jul 8, 2011 10:54 AM
    __________________________________
    Yep. And IIRC Plax had a glock…with no safety.
    Last night on Total Access Plax expressed enthusiasm about any team the guys suggested. That’s the smart play and perhaps he got a nudge from Drew R. on that stance, who knows?

35. Mr. C says: Jul 8, 2011 11:46 AM

Jul 8, 2011 11:36 AM
    Mr. C says:
    Jul 8, 2011 10:54 AM

Thats probably what plax thought. Beleive me, I’ve got 15 in the clip. No need to walk around with one loaded in the chamber. Accidents happen, like walking by a limb or falling down. It takes 2 seconds to put the bullet in the chamber. Why risk it?

36. jakek2 says: Jul 8, 2011 11:47 AM

I can’t believe I’ll never get back the 5 minutes it took me to read through the comments on this thread.

37. nodecafplz1 says: Jul 8, 2011 11:47 AM

@ melonnhead

We could go team by team police blotter, the worst you would note is playing a radio too loud.

38. vikingbill1 says: Jul 8, 2011 11:58 AM

Funny.

My S&W 9 (that is a year and half old) has no safety

My Ruger LCP .380 has no safety…(less than a year old)

My Glock .45 has no safety…(3 yrs old)

Shall I continue?

“I am not a gun nut nor do I care if Plax comes to my Eagles or not,,,, but damn man,,,, educate yourself brother”

You may speak when spoken to.

39. raider13fl says: Jul 8, 2011 12:13 PM

Plax shot himself with a Glock from what I recall and no, they dont have a safety that is activated by the shooter, it is built into the trigger. Just an FYI. Personally, I dont care where he lands, he is no huge criminal, just overmatched in carrying a firearm.

40. skyefloorguy says: Jul 8, 2011 12:17 PM

I meant to say that ALL MODERN SAFETIES HAVE GUNS

I got a bit mixed up there

41. pkarm says: Jul 8, 2011 12:45 PM

A fine fit for the Eagles

42. dan39564 says: Jul 8, 2011 12:50 PM

For over 150 years the rule of thumb; for Safety on revolvers has Always Been, Hammer Down on an empty chamber!!!

43. greenbay4ever says: Jul 8, 2011 1:04 PM

I think Plaxico will be a good fit anywhere right now. It will be much like the T.O. Situation. He will be on his best behavior and be a model player… for this year. The guy pulled a bonehead move and payed his debt to society. No need to hate on him. Just hope he turns it around and becomes a better person. Basically I hope he has learned from this and other do as well.

44. n0hopeleft says: Jul 8, 2011 1:06 PM

movieman5 says:
    Jul 8, 2011 9:44 AM
    @ burgandyandpiss
    __________________________________

_______________________________

You havent won a Superbowl in your entire existence as an organization.

Wow, just, wow.

Good Talk!

45. melonnhead says: Jul 8, 2011 1:09 PM

———————————————————–

I don’t know what you’re even talking about. What I do know is not many Cowboys players have had problems with the law in the last several years. Bet you didn’t know that Akeem Jordan was arrested and charged with assault and battery last month. King Dunlap was arrested for disorderly conduct and reckless driving in March. And of course there was the Jason Peters arrest.

46. animals1977 says: Jul 8, 2011 1:14 PM

Big deal. The Eagles still aren’t going to beat the Packers in a playoff game. Neither is Atlanta. Green Bay is simply too deep and too young, almost everywhere. Other teams are going to be playing catch-up to them for a while.

47. chipwade says: Jul 8, 2011 1:22 PM

If I were Plaxico I wouldn’t go anywhere near the Northeast to play. I would go somewhere like Minnesota or Green Bay. Stay as far away from night life and trouble as possible.

48. celly84 says: Jul 8, 2011 2:05 PM

@rayvens

Another fan asked “how many seconds does it take to put a safety on a gun?”

______________________________________

spoken like a person that knows nothing about guns. I’m not even going to get into detail here, but i’ll just let it be known that Glocks do not come with a safety that you can enable like most guns.

do some research before posting your sarcasm please.

thanks.

49. celly84 says: Jul 8, 2011 2:16 PM

raider13fl
    “Plax shot himself with a Glock from what I recall and no, they dont have a safety that is activated by the shooter, it is built into the trigger. Just an FYI.”

quoted for truth!!!

50. sdw2001 says: Jul 8, 2011 2:19 PM

burgandyandgold says:
    Jul 8, 2011 9:19 AM
    ——————————-

How are things going for your team right now? That McNabb thing…that really went well for you.

51. sdw2001 says: Jul 8, 2011 2:20 PM

There is no reason the Eagles would sign him. We don’t need him. And Jeffrey Lurie will be reluctant to take on another player who spent time in jail.

52. kevinfromphilly says: Jul 8, 2011 3:12 PM

“how many seconds does it take to put a safety on a gun?”

Apparently, two and a half years.

53. jroman11 says: Jul 8, 2011 10:11 PM

burgandyandgold says: Jul 8, 2011 9:55 AM

———————————————————–

Is he a punk because he’s talented and vocal? Or is it because he launched a national anti-bullying campaign this spring/summer to help prevent bullying in schools and city neighborhoods?

As much as you hate him, you simply cannot back up that statement. DeSean is a bright, young player. They’re the kind of guys we need in this league.

54. oldbyrd says: Jul 9, 2011 7:16 AM

Would someone give me one, just one reason why Chad Hall is on the Eagles. Get plax

55. rammerray says: Jul 9, 2011 11:48 AM

If he goes to Philly, will they rename the team “The Jailbirds?”

56. sdw2001 says: Jul 9, 2011 2:56 PM

^ You’re hilarious, champ. Come up with that all by yourself?

57. sdw2001 says: Jul 9, 2011 2:58 PM

oldbyrd says:
    Jul 9, 2011 7:16 AM
    —————-

We don’t need another WR, much less a 34 year old ex-con. Even a talent like Vick took a full season or more to get back to speed. And the PR hit would be huge. I hope we don’t take him.

58. o0omorriso0o says: Jul 9, 2011 9:48 PM

burgandyandgold wrote:

“He should sign with the Eagles – they already have a felon at QB, future felons at WR and RB and a staium full of drunken felons to cheer them on.”

Actually that’s a false steriotype. I wouldn’t expect you to be smart enough to realize that all fanbases are pretty much the same in the kinds of people they attract. But since you obviously think we Philly fans are a drunk angry mob. Must be very easy to say behind your computer. Care to come to a Philly game and tell that to our face? Let me know the outcome you coward!!!

59. bslobs2 says: Jul 10, 2011 4:01 AM

im just stunned at the comments that i see…im a huge vick fan…no one really agrees with what he did but as far as im concerned the man served his time and did nothing but lead us to the playoffs and completely destroy the “kevin kolb” era (which should have never been to begin with)…even if we did lose, we wouldnt have been there with kolb. my question is this….whose crime was worse? plaxico made a bad decision just like vick, but he did his time and the guy can play football. would i like him in philly? yes id love him in philly. we are stacked a wr but take advantage of that when you got flick it vick at qb. just sayin

60. norcaleagles says: Jul 10, 2011 7:41 PM

Why do some of you guys assume that Plaxico was wearing that phillies hat as a sign that he wanted to join the Eagles?? Did you guys ever think that maybe he wore that hat because it had the letter “P” on it? You know, for “Plaxico”??