Devin Hester wants Santana Moss in Chicago

Divisional Playoffs - Seattle Seahawks v Chicago Bears Getty Images

We noted last month that the Bears could be suitors for Redskins receiver Santana Moss. One person who likes that idea a lot is Bears receiver Devin Hester.

Hester told Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune that he believes the Bears should work to acquire Moss as soon as the league year starts.

“Anybody that can come in and help out the team, I’m down for it, and a guy like [Moss] can come in and really help out a lot,” Hester said. “I’m hoping we can get him.”

The Bears want to add a receiver when the league year starts, but it’s not clear whether Moss will be available, as Moss has said his preference is to stay with the Redskins.

My first choice is to stay in Washington,” Moss told Mike Florio on PFT Live in February. “My mind is nowhere outside of Washington. The fans are great. The organization has treated me well since day one. That’s where I want to be, when it’s all said and done.”

But if the Redskins don’t want Moss, Hester hopes the Bears do.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Washington Redskins
19 Responses to “Devin Hester wants Santana Moss in Chicago”
  1. cornellsteelers says: Jul 13, 2011 2:23 PM

I’m guessing Hester also wants a better backup QB.

2. buckybadger says: Jul 13, 2011 2:34 PM

I don’t think Chicago needs another small receiver.

3. urlacherbacker says: Jul 13, 2011 2:36 PM

Meh, unless the Bears were able to land Santonio Holmes Im not going to get too excited about any FA wide receiver. If they were able to land Plaxico for a reasonable one year deal/option I say go that way and let Cutler chuck it up between Olsen and Plaxico in the RZ.

4. orakpownd says: Jul 13, 2011 2:43 PM

How about…A Chicago Style Hot Dog, Extra hots ..for Albert Hayneworth?

5. blackqbwhiterb says: Jul 13, 2011 2:56 PM

being as the Redskins starting QB is John Beck, they should look at trading Moss for Caleb Hanie, and maybe trade back and forth a few dollars/draft picks, etc. as needed to make it even. For a guy with ZERO experience thrown into the NFC CHampionship game, his performance was admirable. Felt better than McNabb’s most memorable playoff performance….

6. fivefivenine says: Jul 13, 2011 2:58 PM

“‘Anybody that can come in and help out the team, I’m down for it, and a guy like [Moss] can come in and really help out a lot,’ Hester said. ‘I’m hoping we can get him.’”

“But if the Redskins don’t want Moss, Hester hopes the Bears do.”

Thanks, MDS, for that helpful recap at the end for those of us who were unsure about what Hester hopes for.

7. barronhastoholdorakpo says: Jul 13, 2011 2:59 PM

Moss will get paid in DC. He is as classy as you can get. Alongside Cooley, Fletcher,Orakpo, and Landry, he is the only bright spot us skins fans can be thankful for. Moss stays in DC……….

8. urlacherbacker says: Jul 13, 2011 3:04 PM

@orakpownd

Deal. There is enough veteran leadership on the Bears that I would be happy if they would take on that risk. I would give him a season to see where his heart is at…

9. schmitty2 says: Jul 13, 2011 3:23 PM

Moss would fit right in..being under 6ft and all

10. canuck54143 says: Jul 13, 2011 3:40 PM

Of all the WR’s available S. Moss, or Steve Smith are not the ones I want to see the Bears sign. James Jones, M.Floyd. Bears need a WR that will fight for the ball

11. neer music says: Jul 13, 2011 4:05 PM

duh! they need a legit #1.

12. orakpownd says: Jul 13, 2011 4:33 PM

Dont sleep on Moss in the slot for a few years.

13. carolinethedog says: Jul 13, 2011 5:06 PM

Bears fans only….

plz thumbs up/down if you think Santana is the free agent WR Chicago needs.

I won’t go on and on about how he is a carbon-copy of the WR’s Chicago already has….I’m voting thumbs down.

14. bmue42 says: Jul 13, 2011 5:17 PM

cornellsteelers says:
    Jul 13, 2011 2:23 PM
    I’m guessing Hester also wants a better backup QB.

————————————————-

I’m guessing hester would rather have a better starting qb first

15. davidm1886 says: Jul 13, 2011 5:18 PM

blackqbwhiterb says: Jul 13, 2011 2:56 PM

so moss is a free agent. they can trade him for talent how?

16. comeonnowguys says: Jul 13, 2011 5:26 PM

They can go out and sign Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Roddy White AND Reggie Wayne and it won’t make a damn bit of difference if the QB is sacked three steps into a seven-step drop.

Focus. On. The Line.

17. greenbay4ever says: Jul 13, 2011 7:59 PM

I swear. I have never heard the Bears more desperate. I thought they were betting the Packers per Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. Now Hester who obviously does not believe Brian and Lance and obviously doesn’t think he is the guy to put them over the top is stroking Santana Moss’s ego. The other day it was Plaxico, then Sidney Rice and now it is Santana Moss. I guess it’s cool.

18. asublimeday says: Jul 13, 2011 8:37 PM

Haine for moss is the dumbest thing I’ve read all week, and I’ve been reading harrison’s interview.

An aging speedster on a roster with the two of the fastest receivers in the game is worthless.

19. deweyaxewound says: Jul 18, 2011 2:06 PM

greenbay4ever says:
    Jul 13, 2011 7:59 PM

_________________________________

Sorry Corky, but this forum is only for people who can speak English.