Dez Bryant: “The Cowboys have nothing to worry about”

Dallas Cowboys v Indianapolis Colts Getty Images

Dez Bryant has heard the latest Deion Sanders comments in which Bryant’s former mentor says the Cowboys are even more worried about the young receiver than Sanders.

Bryant just doesn’t understand why that would be the case.

“All I know is everybody’s entitled to their own opinion,” Bryant told 103.3’s Ben and Skin Show via ESPNDallas.com. “In my eyes, I feel like the Cowboys have nothing to worry about. I’m getting everything done like I’m supposed to do. I’m ready to go out and play football and do what I do best.”

The second year receiver alluded to some of the issues he’s encountered this offseason, and says his “entourage” only includes three people.

“There were problems. There was some stuff that I didn’t understand that I do understand now that could’ve been a problem. . . . I’m just ready to go. I got my priorities straight, I’m just ready to go out and do my job.”

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
29 Responses to “Dez Bryant: “The Cowboys have nothing to worry about””
  1. nyctexan says: Jul 13, 2011 3:35 PM

Please, please be right Dez. I haven’t been this excited about a player since we drafted DeMarcus.

2. tbpdog says: Jul 13, 2011 3:35 PM

I’m a Dallas fan and we do have reason to worry about Dez, but Dieon is a horrible person. He wanted to sign Dez to sell Underarmor, Dez backed out, now he is running around trying to trash him……great guy.

3. medtxpack says: Jul 13, 2011 3:38 PM

wow he said something semi-itelligent.

4. trollaikman8 says: Jul 13, 2011 3:48 PM

I do think the Cowboys have to worry about Dez, but I hope I’m wrong. The Cowboys don’t have the strongest locker room when it comes to these kinds of problems but at least they don’t have Wade Philips anymore.

5. rc33 says: Jul 13, 2011 4:10 PM

Dez has shown every indication that he’s a complete and thorough head case.
    And in a very short amount of time.
    Genuinely impressive.

6. stairwayto7 says: Jul 13, 2011 4:12 PM

The diva says he is alright! I guess he paid off those jewelers!

7. ididntsaythat says: Jul 13, 2011 4:18 PM

Dez needs to be mentored as any child who has issues. He needs this lockout to be over 2 months ago! He may be a grown man physically but mentally he is still a child. Jimmy Robinson will be perfect for him as well as Calvin Hill and Jason Garrett. That fat POS who was nothing but a yes man is no longer in charge of this team!!! GO’BOYS!

8. thephantomstranger says: Jul 13, 2011 4:34 PM

He’s Randy Moss with half the talent.

9. polegojim says: Jul 13, 2011 5:24 PM

What a mess of a man… er… child I guess.

Somebody, send him to his room and make him stay there. Does anybody have Testicles in Dallas anymore?

10. ampats says: Jul 13, 2011 5:38 PM

Thankfully BB drafted Devin McCourty instead of Dez Bryant. Seems to have quite a bit of Terry Glenn in him.

He may flash here and there but he will never live up to the hype/potential.

11. 52crabcakes says: Jul 13, 2011 5:39 PM

sure they don’t Dez, sure they don’t.

12. stinkfingers says: Jul 13, 2011 5:51 PM

Except maybe bill collectors, eh Dez?

13. gimmeabruschi says: Jul 13, 2011 5:53 PM

I hope he gets it together. Like Vick or Roethlisburger I always hope a guy does right after screwing up. I’m all for giving guys a second chance.

But I am glad the Pats didn’t draft him.

14. east96st says: Jul 13, 2011 5:54 PM

medtxpack says: “wow he said something semi-itelligent.”

Said the guy who misspelled “intelligent”.

15. brasho says: Jul 13, 2011 5:56 PM

“I’m getting everything done like I’m supposed to do. I’m ready to go out and play football and do what I do best.”

Which is what exactly? Get kicked out of the mall or run up a huge jewelry bill that he can’t afford to pay?

16. bangthedrum22 says: Jul 13, 2011 6:03 PM

reports out of dallas say dez is 10 lbs lighter and in great shape. Hopfully he can stay out of trouble so he sees the field.

17. melonnhead says: Jul 13, 2011 6:05 PM

——————————————————-

What did he do? Get popped for a DUI? Shoot himself in the leg in a bar in Manhattan? Kill somebody while driving drunk? Drop some gay slurs during an interview? Assault somebody?

18. melonnhead says: Jul 13, 2011 6:06 PM

————————————————————-

Wow, what a bad, bad man!

19. whatswiththehate says: Jul 13, 2011 6:26 PM

Yes, Deion Sanders is worried about Dez cause he works for the sports media who is more about creating news about what each other thinks than the reality.

And I just love how some of you posters become such finger waggers and righteous teachers when it comes to certain people.

BTW, does anyone remember Dieon during his “Dez Bryant” days? He was beyond arrogant and dressed as silly as ever with all those ridiculous gold chains.

Thank God those in the sports media in his time weren’t as self-center and narcisistic as they are today or else he would have been turned into the “Dez Bryant” of his time.

20. jackfnburton says: Jul 13, 2011 6:29 PM

You’re right Dez. The Cowboys have nothing to worry about. Except all that stuff you gave them to worry about.

21. dirtydrynn27 says: Jul 13, 2011 7:17 PM

Look I think Dez is a pretty good reciever that still has some growing up to do.Anytime you walk around sagging your pants thats showing you have some growing up to do.On the other hand if this kid concentrates on football and applies his self he could be one helluva reciever,only if he can stay healthy!!!! As for the comment about “The Cowboys have nothing to worry about”.I think Dez is the least of their worries right now,If I was Dallas I would be repairing that awful secondary,Terrence Austin is over rated! and those safeties suck big time!!!!

22. melonnhead says: Jul 13, 2011 8:14 PM

———————————————————–

Which would be… what, exactly?

23. melonnhead says: Jul 13, 2011 8:18 PM

Who is Terrence Austin?

24. 808raiderinparadise says: Jul 13, 2011 8:50 PM

This guy has that “it” factor. he moves with controlled power, speed, and athleticism, he is huge and loves to compete … but damn he is sucha guy stuck in the hood, an idiot that just doesn’t get it, he wants the rap star life after he takes off the helmet and that won;t work out for anyone as we have seen.

25. backuppunter says: Jul 13, 2011 9:50 PM

we’ll see dez, i think you should go to arizona and nerd it up with fitz and breaston. dallas is a bad influence

26. nmunderdog says: Jul 13, 2011 9:55 PM

And to think this guy was taken 1 pick before
    Tim Tebow. I think that when it’s all said and done, Tebow is going to be the better pick. Bryant just doesn’t seem to get it, rreminds of Pac-Man.

27. theblowtorchreview says: Jul 13, 2011 10:30 PM

So bling boy is ready to play some football?

Idiots almost always fail. He’s an idiot. Connect the dots.

28. dirtydrynn27 says: Jul 13, 2011 10:46 PM

I`m sorry guys….I meant to say Terrence Newman,and not Terrence Austin…..

29. melonnhead says: Jul 14, 2011 8:03 AM

—————————————————————-

But Arizona is a bottomless hole of futility. Plus they hate black folks out there.