It’s casual Saturday at the labor talks

Casual Friday

We would love it if there was a lot of breaking news on the labor front this Saturday.  That would likely mean good things were happening.

It’s more likely that we won’t have a lot of exciting information to pass along as the lawyers meet to work out the details of the upcoming CBA. For example: We can tell you that talks have re-started Saturday between lawyers for both sides, although things are a little more casual.

Albert Breer of NFL.com is at the stakeout point and has seen a variety of lawyers head inside, including NFL general counsel Jeff Pash.

“After spending all week in suits in the dog days of the summer here, the guys look like they’ve got a golf outing to go to today,” Breer writes.

Even Breer has ditched the suit for the shorts.  Yep, that’s about all we have for you so far.

Some NFL owners like Jerry Jones have remained in Manhattan to be nearby in case they are needed over the weekend.  I’ll let you know if I see him at my bodega buying up all the beef jerky.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories, Union
11 Responses to “It’s casual Saturday at the labor talks”
  1. winskins says: Jul 16, 2011 10:04 AM

Dude. That picture is just nasty.

2. jnbnet says: Jul 16, 2011 10:13 AM

At least they are there. Their attire suggests informal proceedings…..perhaps to “cross the Ts and dot the Is”. I also see a positive in Jerry Jones staying nearby…..

3. skoobyfl says: Jul 16, 2011 10:52 AM

They can be naked for all I care, get a deal done now!

4. dylanmusicfane says: Jul 16, 2011 11:19 AM

i don’t care if they are wearing thongs. get it done!!!!!!!

5. humb0lt says: Jul 16, 2011 11:39 AM

Laughing at the pic. If you work in a formal office environment, you’ll understand the message. I work inside the Calif Capitol building in Sacramento, and on dress-down Friday’s I’m amazed at what some people come dressed in for work. On Fridays when there are no legislative sessions I usually wear decent slacks and a dewrinkled button down shirt – short sleeves in the summer – and maybe I’ll wear a CLEAN pair of running shoes. But some of the younger staffers often come dressed in stringy jeans with huge holes or scrungy shorts and sandals. I’m surprised their bosses let them get away with it.

6. patsforever says: Jul 16, 2011 12:31 PM

@winskins, there is nothing nasty about dressing up like Liono.

Thunder, thunder, thunder, THUNDERCATS HOOOOOh!!!

7. goawayeverybody says: Jul 16, 2011 12:55 PM

Skoobyfl, that’s a fair point but I don’t want to see Jerry Jones naked. lol!

8. silverhornet says: Jul 16, 2011 1:11 PM

But are they athletes for working on a Saturday?

9. eslaught says: Jul 16, 2011 2:26 PM

I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they’re silk panties, maybe it’s a thong. Maybe it’s something really cool that I don’t even know about.

10. trbowman says: Jul 16, 2011 3:02 PM

All those lawyers in one room…..who’s supervising them?

11. realitypolice says: Jul 16, 2011 3:05 PM

This is done.

Realitypolice is so happy that Realitypolice is going all third person for the first in Realitypolice’s blogging career.

Realitypolice is so excited for free agency that his whole body vibrates a little like someone just hit Realitpolice with a very low power taser every time he thinks about.

Realitypolice is worried that his marriage might not survive the many many hours he will spend sitting in front of Mac/Macbook/Ipad/Iphone refreshing PFT during free agency.