Devin Aromashodu lands with Vikings

Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears Getty Images

The wide receiver agreed to terms on a contract with the Vikings after spending the last three years with the Bears. Aromashodu will sign a one-year contract and join a receiving corps that could lose Sidney Rice to another team at any moment. Aromashodu can hardly be expected to replace Rice in the offense, however. He caught just 10 passes last season and has 41 catches in 30 career games.

The best of those 30 games came against the Vikings in 2009. Aromashodu had seven catches for 150 yards and a touchdown in a 36-30 Bears win, part of a four-game stretch to close the season that represents the high-water mark of his career.

Aromashodu was drafted by the Dolphins in the seventh round of the 2006 Draft out of Auburn. He bounced to the Colts, Texans and Redskins before landing with the Bears in 2008.

Permalink 32 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
32 Responses to “Devin Aromashodu lands with Vikings”
  1. scoboscobs says: Jul 27, 2011 8:21 AM

Any word on the details of the contract?

2. lbpackfan says: Jul 27, 2011 8:26 AM
  3. celly2 says: Jul 27, 2011 8:53 AM

Why? Is there a line of teams waiting to sign him? With so much talent at WR available in FA… why?

4. technovike says: Jul 27, 2011 8:54 AM

maybe it wasnt childress after all

5. l0ki11 says: Jul 27, 2011 9:04 AM

I dont care what WR we sign, our priority should be Sydney so Donovan and Christian have a star Wideout.

6. clintonportisheadd says: Jul 27, 2011 9:04 AM

All the Vikings need to do now is sign Nnamdi Asomugha and then (combined with Visanthe Shiancoe) they would have the NFL’s most unpronounceable roster.

7. carlgerbschmidt says: Jul 27, 2011 9:07 AM

When did the vikes re-hire Chilly? Washed up has-been QB, another terrible Bears receiver, letting their own talented receivers get away? Yikes. Actually, I have to give minny fans credit, sticking with their team through moves like this.. yikes. I guess.

8. jimmysee says: Jul 27, 2011 9:12 AM

I love Devon — Has huge ability — BUT if he was not able to show it off with the Bears who had Jay Cutler at QB, how will he do so with the Vikes who truly have NOONE — Mr. Mysterioso — set to start week one!

9. malcombiggles says: Jul 27, 2011 9:26 AM

I hope he was cheap so we can afford to throw money at Rice

10. lrt79 says: Jul 27, 2011 9:40 AM

Rumors are also swirling that the Vikings may adopt a new name change: The Minnesota Sloppy Seconds.

11. axespray says: Jul 27, 2011 9:45 AM

He’s probably better than Bernard “UCantSeeMe” Berrian …
    paired with Sidney, along with Mac5 behind center and AD in the backfield…idk, but that
    Packers vs Vikings MNF game is looking like it’ll be a fun shoot out.

12. humpy79 says: Jul 27, 2011 9:46 AM

I think he was in Lovie’s doghouse or something, he started the year with 5 for 71, then was inactive the next game

13. comeonnowguys says: Jul 27, 2011 10:03 AM

@jimmysee

Reports are that Aromashadu never wanted to learn more than one WR role on the offense.

In fact, I’d argue the only reason he showed even a little spark is because his QB loves tall WR’s. If Knox or Hester were a few inches taller, he’d be on a practice squad somewhere.

This still isn’t as dumb as paying all that money to Berrian years ago. Guy could only run one route–the fly.

14. schmitty2 says: Jul 27, 2011 10:09 AM

carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jul 27, 2011 9:07 AM

I think it’s safe to say your more obsessed with talking crap about the Vikes then following your beloved Packers. We all realize the Vikes arent going to be that good so why bother?

15. tformation says: Jul 27, 2011 10:21 AM

Curious about contract details. “Aroma” showed signs of great play with Cutler last year… the one or 2 games where he was playing anyway… not sure what the deal was with that…

The Vikes like Bears WRs for some reason…

16. sowcrates says: Jul 27, 2011 10:39 AM

“Devin Aromashodu will continue playing the NFC North this season, he’ll just be doing it for a different team.”

That’s if you count what he did last year as “playing”. He was deactivated frequently

17. theytukrjobs says: Jul 27, 2011 10:56 AM

Not an earth shattering move but doesn’t this guy have a similar physique and play set as Berrian?

Is the writing on the wall?

18. jbeatzz says: Jul 27, 2011 11:04 AM

do they just sign bears wr’s now up there in minny?

19. urlacherbacker says: Jul 27, 2011 11:18 AM

I really thought this guy was going to be something special with the way he came on at the end of 2009. Doesnt seem like like anyone understands what happened last year and why he was inactive for games. I doubt the Vikings paid out much so probably not a big risk for them.

20. carlgerbschmidt says: Jul 27, 2011 11:35 AM

schmitty2 says:
    Jul 27, 2011 10:09 AM
    carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jul 27, 2011 9:07 AM

___________

This is what I get for trying to be positive? I’m acknowledging that you vike fans are standing by your team during what is about to be a very dark period. Good for you!

And, why don’t you mind your own business, if I had a nickel everytime some vike fan complained about somebody else’s comment… You guys are whinier than mcnabby.

21. brewdogg says: Jul 27, 2011 11:54 AM

clintonportisheadd says:
    Jul 27, 2011 9:04 AM
    ——————————-

Don’t forget Michael Hoomanuwanui and Brandon Ayanbadejo!! And didn’t they sigh Emmanuel Arceneaux and Juaquin Iglesias too? I’m thinking the WR corps will be fun on announcers next year….. I would say Houshmandzadeh too but everyone knows that one by now. Maybe Mohamed Massoquoi? Put Roethlisberger with that wideout group and see how much the announcers swear…..

“Iglesias motions into the backfield behind Roethlisberger, Aromashodu and Massoquoi split left, Arceneaux right with Hoomanuwanui in tight…. and the snap, Roethlisberger drops back, looking for Hoomanuwanui over the middle… PICKED OFF!!! Intercepted by Captain Munnerlyn, who gets a big block from Niko Koutouvides….. Can’t these guys change their names already?!?!?”

22. asublimeday says: Jul 27, 2011 11:57 AM

He was an unwilling blocker and had drops going over the middle against the lions.

In other words, a softie with the occasional case of stone hands.

Lovie/Chicago is blue collar. No Softies.

And yes, softie is a substitute for another word I’d like to use that is synonymous with cat.

23. thephantomstranger says: Jul 27, 2011 12:07 PM

Sounds like an upgrade over Hank Baskett at #5WR. I wonder what his wife looks like.

24. thephantomstranger says: Jul 27, 2011 12:08 PM

brewdogg says:
    Jul 27, 2011 11:54 AM
    clintonportisheadd says:
    Jul 27, 2011 9:04 AM
    ——————————-

_____________

Don’t forget they already have Naufahu Tahi, although I’m hoping they cut him.

25. brewdogg says: Jul 27, 2011 12:12 PM

carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jul 27, 2011 11:35 AM

————————————

The dark period for Viking fans has been going for about 20 years now. That’s when the Packers finally emerged out of their quarter-century of pathetic ineptness and became competitive again, and we had to start listening to idiots with no real life friends like you.

As for the Vikings, you go ahead and keep predicting their downfall. Just like in the mid-90s, after the Walker thing, when they were losing all those Pro Bowl regulars (do you need me to list them?)…..and the ’98 came. And after that team came apart piece by piece, culminating with Moss and Culpepper leaving…..and that didn’t last long either. Let history be a lesson to you.

And besides, why don’t you mind your own business. If I had a nickel for every time some jagoff came in from the milking barn to post the same regurgitated crap about the Vikings, I’d have enough to buy the Vikings and build the stadium myself.

26. schmitty2 says: Jul 27, 2011 12:40 PM

carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jul 27, 2011 11:35 AM
    schmitty2 says:
    Jul 27, 2011 10:09 AM
    carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jul 27, 2011 9:07 AM

___________

27. carlgerbschmidt says: Jul 27, 2011 1:00 PM

@bbrewwddogg – If I had a nickel for every time some jagoff came in from the milking barn to post the same regurgitated crap about the Vikings.

– Why are you so angry? I’m pretty sure this is the first time I’ve mentioned that it is looking like Frazier is another Chilly.

@schmitty2 – Too bad I’m not a Vikes fan Genius. And for you to make comments about other peoples comments is about as hypocritical as it gets. So your favorite team won the SB–congrats! You better PRAY and I mean PRAY that they dont have a SB hangover. If you dont believe me look at the Saints

– if you’re not a vikes fan, why do you care? And, obviously it’s not a given – it’s hard to win the Super Bowl, but I gotta say, I like our chances.

28. indianheadmeatpackingcompany says: Jul 27, 2011 1:31 PM

Sounds about right for my team… That’s not a vote of confidence.

29. schmitty2 says: Jul 27, 2011 2:38 PM

carlgerbschmidt says:
    Jul 27, 2011 1:00 PM

Your right..I shouldnt care..just like you shouldnt care about a team so much that has no chance of winning your division.

30. sprtsfan1 says: Jul 27, 2011 5:54 PM

As far as I know, Martz wanted DA to learn how to play slot and DA didn’t want to. Not sure what that says about DA or Martz but I personally think the Vikings got a steal. DA has so much potential, I just hope the Bears don’t find out about it the hard way. Good luck DA.

31. deweyaxewound says: Jul 28, 2011 7:46 PM

So now Aromashodu gets to burn the Vikes for a SECOND time in his career…

32. maddogrob says: Aug 4, 2011 9:48 PM

axespray says: Jul 27, 2011 9:45 AM

…idk, but that
    Packers vs Vikings MNF game is looking like it’ll be a fun shoot out.
    ——————————————————

If by shootout do you mean Aaron Rodgers lights up that awful secondary while McNabb limps around and gets annihilated by Clay Mathews with the Packers winning 42-0?… In that case I agree with you 100%