Skip to content

Raiders re-sign Jarvis Moss

Tyler Palko AP

The Raiders had 17 unrestricted free agents on their roster when business resumed on Tuesday morning, but that number has gone down by one.

Defensive end Jarvis Moss has agreed to a one-year, $1.25 million deal to remain with the Raiders. Moss signed with the team last November after getting cut by the Broncos, making him part of a proud Raiders tradition of signing first rounders cast aside by their original teams. Moss had his only sack of the year in the season-ending victory over the Chiefs and played 14 games between the two teams last year.

Moss’s tenure in Denver was a great disappointment. They traded up to take him with the 17th overall pick of the 2007 Draft, but he broke his shin as a rookie and played in just 18 games over his first two seasons. When the Broncos hired Mike Nolan to run the defense before the 2009 season, Moss was asked to move to outside linebacker, a request that reportedly had him contemplating retirement during training camp. He returned to the team, but never fulfilled the promise that made him a first rounder.

He wouldn’t be the first player in history who discovered it after finding his way to Oakland, which is obviously what the Raiders are hoping with this deal.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
8 Responses to “Raiders re-sign Jarvis Moss”
  1. GG Eden says: Jul 27, 2011 8:40 AM

    Al is a genius

  2. broncobeta says: Jul 27, 2011 8:56 AM

    I’m sorry Oakland.

  3. edmazeing1 says: Jul 27, 2011 9:03 AM

    Crazy we have 17 unrestricted free agent & over $14 mill over the cap SMDH!!!

  4. edmazeing1 says: Jul 27, 2011 9:04 AM

    Atleast we can still beat ever one in the AFC West tho!!!

  5. humb0lt says: Jul 27, 2011 9:18 AM

    The Raiders need to make re-signing Zach Miller their No. 1 priority. If Miller signs elsewhere, the Raiders will go back to losing 14 games a year.

  6. jw731 says: Jul 27, 2011 9:33 AM

    BUST!

  7. stealthjunk says: Jul 27, 2011 2:16 PM

    I’m hoping we can chalk this one up to the CBA raising the minimum salary for former draft busts, but I’m not so sure.

    $1.25 million to a guy who has done zilch in his career? Wow. Just wow. Congrats, Mr. Davis!

  8. sharkcatcher says: Jul 27, 2011 3:59 PM

    Miller must stay …but heap and Lewis have to be quick insurance plan B considerations

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!