In case you missed our post at 1:39 a.m. ET last night, we are keeping track of all the post-lockout acquisitions in a single spot right here. (You can always find it via our home page.)
We will put every free agent signing or agreement there, but not every one necessarily merits a full post.
In an effort to have everything, I’ll write a post every morning on the rumor mill with all the minor signings and releases that slipped through the cracks the day before.
1. The Cardinals will put quarterback Derek Anderson out of his misery by cutting him Thursday. Any other decision would have been a shock.
2. We told you that the Jets signed tackle Wayne Hunter for four years. We can now tell you he’ll make $13 million in that contract.
3. The Giants agreed to terms with guard/tackle Kevin Boothe on a two-year contract. On a day the Giants let go of a few bigger name offensive linemen, Boothe was brought back to possibly have a bigger role.
4. The Panthers agreed to terms with safety Kevin Payne. The former Ram was out of football in 2010.
5. Kicker Kris Brown will not be back with the Cowboys.
6. The Lions told wide receiver Bryant Johnson he won’t be brought back. He was due $3.2 million; the move was expected.
7. Scout.com reports that fourth-round pick Jalil Brown agreed to terms with the Chiefs.
8 & 9. The Chiefs also agreed to bring back center Casey Wiegmann and wide receiver Terrance Copper.
10. The Colts will bring in quarterback Nate Davis on a two-year deal. The former 49er looked promising last preseason.