Brandon Jacobs agrees to new contract with Giants

Brandon Jacobs AP

We noted earlier this week that Giants running back Brandon Jacobs was willing to restructure his contract. Now he has.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that Jacobs agreed to what is being called a “small restructure” of his contract.

The deal reportedly involves Jacobs taking a cut to his base salary for 2011, but he can earn the money back if he reaches certain incentives. The contract will not change his 2012 salary.

Jacobs agreeing to a cap-friendly restructuring makes it more likely that the Giants will be able to re-sign his backfield mate, Ahmad Bradshaw.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
17 Responses to “Brandon Jacobs agrees to new contract with Giants”
  1. eaglesfootballfan says: Jul 29, 2011 1:16 PM

Why would Brandon do this after he got demoted from starter to backup.

2. dcbassguy says: Jul 29, 2011 1:17 PM

I’m glad he’ll be in NY…… I like when the Eagles play against old washed up RB’s.

3. noodlecbs says: Jul 29, 2011 1:18 PM

Charmin

4. lacharger2112 says: Jul 29, 2011 1:18 PM

So, sign the little fumbler and get these guys together again.

5. jdandcoke says: Jul 29, 2011 1:26 PM

lachargers

agreed, the fumbles have to stop, but the giants still had the 6th best rushing offense in the nfl with a patchwork line. they cant be that bad. the giants just upgraded at center, LG and LT so like you….i cant wait for the giants to re-sign the little fumbler.

6. alorenz30 says: Jul 29, 2011 1:27 PM

I just wish they could bring back Derrick Ward to reunite Earth, Wind, and Fire.

7. bakedkitten says: Jul 29, 2011 1:28 PM

Haha well heres someone I wont be taking in fantacy this year.

8. realnflmaster says: Jul 29, 2011 1:29 PM

Hilarious how all these eagirl fans are all over these news stories talking smack in the comments.

Here’s an idea you useless scrubs, your team hasn’t been relevant since the 60’s. Your trophy case is empty. Your the cellar dweller of the NFC East, and your QB is a felon.

Win a title before you idiots act like your franchise is any good.

9. n0hopeleft says: Jul 29, 2011 1:30 PM

Brandon and Bradshaw: 1

Entire Eagles Franchise: 0

GOOD TALK LOSERS!

10. jetfuel21 says: Jul 29, 2011 1:33 PM

eaglesfootballfan says:
    Jul 29, 2011 1:16 PM

Why would Brandon do this after he got demoted from starter to backup.

———————————–

Because if he didn’t they would cut him

11. berniemadoffsides says: Jul 29, 2011 1:33 PM

@ dcbassguy:

You mean the RB’s who combined for 2,500 total yards and 17 TD’s last season…?

Yeah, they’re terrible. Enjoy this washed up RB tandem for 2-3 more years.

12. gcsuk says: Jul 29, 2011 1:37 PM

@dcbassguy
    That’s OK. We like when the Giants get to play against 3rd Overall pick busts that can’t handle it when they get boo’ed and have to go cry to their mama (like VY).

13. paulheenan says: Jul 29, 2011 1:37 PM

I feel like he would’ve benefited from a change of scenery. I also think he’d of been a better choice for Denver than McGahee, as far as “older” RBs go. Meh.

14. steelers4385 says: Jul 29, 2011 2:10 PM

Realnflmaster….. That mite of been one of the funniest best burns on a team ive heard hahahahahahah omg. Thats just so awsome on so many levels

15. pympdaddi says: Jul 29, 2011 2:19 PM

Hater’s gonna hate! If you’re not a Giants fan, why did you even open this article… Oh, wait, let me answer that myself… BECAUSE you would LOVE to be a part of GREATNESS!!!

16. tleveski15 says: Jul 29, 2011 2:33 PM

It’s my hope that Bradshaw makes it his #1 priority to limit his fumbles this year. I think he will and I think he continues to improve. I like that Jacobs has incentives to get his $ back and hopefully that means he will run like train that he is instead of like the sportscar he thought he could be last year.. ALSO – I love when players are willing to restructure their contract for the benefit of the whole. I think this spells good things for the gmen!

17. DonRSD says: Jul 29, 2011 2:36 PM

as a Giants fan, i love it when the pathetic eagles fan base shows up to comment on us.

get over it…..3-LOVE, Giants :)
    (yes im using tennis terms)

i also must say that i enjoy the healthy eagles/giants rivalry. nothing like prime time or 415pm game exposure to the best battle in all of football.
    to make it better for me, im a Mets fan…….so i also hate the phillies.

boston, who cares. im not a yanks or jets fan so im cool with them.
    its philly that i hate.