Stewart Bradley joins the Cardinals

Stewart Bradley AP

Stewart Bradley is heading from Philadelphia to Arizona.

Bradley, the former Eagles linebacker, will agree to terms with the Cardinals later today, Adam Schefter is reporting.

Although Bradley wanted to stay in Philadelphia, the Eagles decided not to keep any of their free agents, which meant Bradley had to shop his services elsewhere.

Bradley recovered from a torn ACL that cost him the entire 2009 season to start 12 games in 2010. He has a good chance of earning a starting job in Arizona.

Permalink 27 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
27 Responses to “Stewart Bradley joins the Cardinals”
  1. marinomanx13 says: Jul 29, 2011 3:46 PM

Hate to see you go, Stew… always liked you as a hardworking, physical Philly LB!

2. medtxpack says: Jul 29, 2011 3:50 PM

i saw that coming, should get Joey Porter excited.

3. sdffa11 says: Jul 29, 2011 3:50 PM

pretty much a kolb/bradley for DRC and 2nd rd pick.

not too sure who got the better end of the deal now.

if bradley plays up to his potential…hes could be a pro bowler. injuries killed him

4. docredskin says: Jul 29, 2011 3:51 PM

Would have looked great beside Fletcher and Orakpo…

5. aram42287 says: Jul 29, 2011 3:52 PM

Lokks like Arizona is making all of the right moves…DRC is not a shut down corner.

6. eaglesfootballfan says: Jul 29, 2011 3:54 PM

Beware Cardinals. Bradley is injury prone.

7. 7to10for6allday says: Jul 29, 2011 3:54 PM

He was good til HR got hurt….. Good luck stew!

8. terrellblowens says: Jul 29, 2011 3:59 PM

Maybe he’ll be better in the 3-4. The Eagles expected him to have a breakout year in 2009 but the injury set him back big time. And when he came back last year he was terrible in coverage, missed a lot of tackles, and overall just looked lost. Not to mention he got hurt again. Good luck Stew, they say that it takes 2 years to truly recover from an ACL tear (ex: Tom Brady)

9. cardiovascularendurance says: Jul 29, 2011 4:02 PM

If he can stay healthy, that’s a great pick up. Best of luck to you Stew!

10. cardiovascularendurance says: Jul 29, 2011 4:04 PM

Remember when the Eagles LBs were Stew, Gocong, and Gaither? That seems like a decade ago. I must be getting old. Things are changing faster and faster.

11. eagleseagleseagles says: Jul 29, 2011 4:11 PM

I always loved Stew. I thought the Eagles would give him one more shot to come back but I guess it’s all business in the NFL. Wish Stew the best of luck and I know he’s gonna have a good year in Arizona. Can’t say the same for Kolb though…Cardinals got fleeced.

12. gtmann says: Jul 29, 2011 4:19 PM

Best of luck Stew. Say hi to Kevin from all his fans back here in Philly

13. sasquash20 says: Jul 29, 2011 4:22 PM

Stewart was always hurt. So I’m not sure its fair of me to say, but I thought he stunk. I think if he wasn’t white he wouldn’t have been so overrated. I’m a white guy too. I never understood the love my fellow eagles fans had for the guy. He couldn’t cover a dead body with a blanket. His point of attack power wasn’t that good either. His one healthy season he didn’t make that many plans that had me saying this guy is a stud. Solid at best. Good guy and I wish him the best, but I don’t think we will miss him on the field at all.

14. NoHomeTeam says: Jul 29, 2011 4:23 PM

Was there a League memo that said that the Eagles could only trade with another “bird” team?

15. norcaleagles says: Jul 29, 2011 4:26 PM

I was kind of surprised Philly let him go, but I wish Stewart well, except when the cards go to Philly. If he can stay healthy, he can be a VERY solid LB.

16. whoknowsnothing says: Jul 29, 2011 4:40 PM

Good pickup, now we need to grab a CB, OL, WR, and a ILB.

Make it happen.

17. eaglesfootballfan says: Jul 29, 2011 4:44 PM

Philly let him go because he was bad in pass coverage and was injury prone.

18. sdw2001 says: Jul 29, 2011 4:46 PM

sasquash20 says:
    Jul 29, 2011 4:22 PM
    —————————————————

1. He didn’t “stink.” He just got hurt a lot and it started affecting his performance.

2. Race? Are you kidding?

19. myeaglescantwin says: Jul 29, 2011 4:47 PM

Bradley coulda been a stud.

he went from being 240 up to 260 and ripped cut. I never thought he got there the hard way. His injuries seem to prove my theory. Torn ACL, & other ligament damage. . . whats that point towards?

20. melonnhead says: Jul 29, 2011 4:48 PM

————————————————————

What a coincidence… Kolb is not a franchise QB.

21. nfl25 says: Jul 29, 2011 4:57 PM

if bradley can stay healthy he can be a stud. not many LB’s in the NFL as big as him can run as fast as him. in 08 he was on his way to being an all pro. we just couldnt keep him anymore cuz he always seemed to get hurt. he stays helathy and AZ will love him

22. nickynick04 says: Jul 29, 2011 5:19 PM

I ll be nice,,,he is not a Pro Football linebacker…
    Very overrated,,actually stinks,,Packer”s sideline felt bad when he got hurt, because he did nothing

23. december77 says: Jul 29, 2011 5:45 PM

I wonder if he’s still good at running after TEs into the end zone :(

24. mad5555 says: Jul 29, 2011 5:53 PM

@
    aram42287 says:Jul 29, 2011 3:52 PM

______________________________

Cardinals are a horrible team and getting players the eagles crap out is not going to help that team.
    The NFC weak, I mean west should really merge with the cfl or something because it just makes every other team in theNFC mad to see a playoff spot given to a losing team with no chance. Last time I checked the Cardinals suck and are boring to watch. Just ask their own fans if you can find any. Why are you the only one that thinks DRC sucks? No one else does… I guess it is to make you not feel like your team got rothlisbered by the eagles and then they A.J. feeleyed on your face.
    HAHAHA.

25. greymares says: Jul 29, 2011 6:03 PM

to those of you who look at the cardinal as a red colored bird, he is now evidently turning midnight green.

26. mad5555 says: Jul 29, 2011 6:33 PM

You know what…
    You can keep DRC Namdi IS A EAGLE

27. goahead9 says: Jul 29, 2011 10:47 PM

Screen pass to Hightower! td!