Rex Ryan invites the rest of league to beat the Patriots

Rex Ryan, Plaxico Burress AP

We’ve been so busy updating player movement that it’s been easy to miss out on the finer things in the NFL, like a Rex Ryan press conference.

One of our favorite moments from Tuesday, which also included him calling this his best Jets roster and Antonio Cromartie a top-five corner was his plea to the rest of the NFL to beat his biggest rival.

“I think we have to find somebody out there to beat New England besides us, I think that would help,” Ryan said. “Anybody out there that wants to sign up for it? Are you good enough as a team to beat the New England Patriots?  Forget about us, are you good enough to go out and beat the New England Patriots? I’m challenging the league.”

As Rex is fond of pointing out, no one but the Ryan brothers beat New England last year.  (Rob once in Cleveland, Rex twice.)

The Patriot will try to get revenge on Rex this year with the help of Chad Ochocinco.

“I’ve always said this, when it was Chad Johnson, we could never stop him, but when it was Chad Ochocinco, I’ve been more successful,” Ryan said. “So I hope he doesn’t change his name back.”

Permalink 112 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
112 Responses to “Rex Ryan invites the rest of league to beat the Patriots”
  1. dspyank2k11 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:14 AM

I would rather invite the nfl to beat the J.E.T.S.

They are far more annoying than ANY pats team of the past.

2. jimmymcnultysbottleofjameson says: Aug 2, 2011 8:15 AM

Shut up Rex

3. nxsteven says: Aug 2, 2011 8:16 AM

Sadly, the man has a point…

4. nav711 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:19 AM

It won’t be the Dolphins, they won’t even beat Buffalo this year.

5. briz0519 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:19 AM

Thanks, Rex. You’re right – no other team EVER beat the Patriots except yours. Since your team is so amazing at beating the Pats, please explain how your team lost 45-3 to them last year. Yeah, that’s what I thought.

(and no, I am not a Patriots fan.. I just really don’t like the Jets)

6. steelerhypocrite says: Aug 2, 2011 8:20 AM

I’m not a Patriot fan, but why is this guy so fed up with the Pats? He sounds like his a-hole father who was obsessed with the Cowboys. Probably has something to do with the legacy the Cowboys had (and Pats have for the last 10 years)…

7. mightymightylafootball says: Aug 2, 2011 8:20 AM

Foot in mouth comment, Rex?

(played out, yes, but I couldn’t resist)

8. billinva says: Aug 2, 2011 8:20 AM

Now let’s go get a god damn snack.

9. c1d7 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:20 AM

10. ny82jy says: Aug 2, 2011 8:21 AM

Yea it would be great if someone else could step up for once like pitt or baltimore and give them a nice loss. Ocho will be a good fit for the pats but as a jets fan it doesnt come close to scaring me. Ive seen the jets shut him down totally 3 times since the end of 09.

11. tomservo24 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:22 AM

This is almost as pathetic as Rex calling season ticket holders and begging them to cheer extra loud when the Patriots came to town.

12. grpatriot says: Aug 2, 2011 8:22 AM

How about Coaching the Jets and STFU!

13. thesmartest1 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:22 AM

Him and his brother risk becoming old news. One of them needs to win something…

14. jimmysee says: Aug 2, 2011 8:23 AM

Some call it moxie; some call it chutzpah; some call it audacity.

15. flash1283 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:28 AM

So the Jets are not good enough to win the AFC East on there own?

16. august1969 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:28 AM

shouldn’t he be obsessed with winning an AFC Championship game instead of the Pats?

17. ampats says: Aug 2, 2011 8:30 AM

As Rex and the Gang Green following continues to celebrate the greatest victory in the history of the franchise as was proclaimed by the NY Papers. Only to fold once again in the AFCC.

One thing I think we can all agree on. Nobody has bigger mouths than the Ryan Brothers who have never backed it up anything they say.

18. sj39 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:30 AM

I wish my team had a crack at them this year.

19. botchedextrapoint says: Aug 2, 2011 8:32 AM

Most football fans are married men and we are very good at tuning out annoying noise. I’m tuning you out Rex until you win.

20. berniemadoffsides says: Aug 2, 2011 8:32 AM

From a Giants fan, good luck with Burress… I can’t WAIT to see how this plays out!

21. nepatsfan83 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:33 AM

Someone needs to give Rex Ryan a “nice cup of shut the F up”. Enough already. So you made two AFC Championships games, congratulations for being a Top 4 champion you fat moron!! Which trophy do you get for that? Shut up, win a title, and then you can run your mouth.

In the meantime will Tom Brady please go all Johny Moxon ala Varsity Blues and throw the football at the side line and knock this foot lovin, rubber band wearing annoyance out!!!!

22. pbolyard says: Aug 2, 2011 8:33 AM

The only top 5 list Cromartie is making is worst Fathers in sports. Only guys worse then him are Shawn Kemp and Travis Henry.

23. djteknision1200 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:33 AM

I sure can’t wait until the Jets become irrelevant again!! SHEEESH

24. imopen7 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:34 AM

He says this as if if it will come down to those two teams for the #1 AFC seed. You better extend the invite to include beating Pittsburgh as well , rexy boy. We’ll whip both ya’ll’s arses in january anyways…so who cares. shut up rex.

25. revisisland says: Aug 2, 2011 8:35 AM

Oh and here come all the Jet Bashers. People are so quick to bring up the 45-3 loss when that wasn’t even the most recent/most important game played between the two teams last year. Since Rex came to the Jets we’re 3-2 against them. The only reason we don’t win the division is because they’ve had a better regular season record than us, which obviously is important and is something the team needs to improve on but the only point Rex was trying to make is that common belief is that in order for the Jets to make the superbowl they need to win the division and get home playoff games to make it an easier road, but what people don’t realize is we can beat the Patriots thats not the issue, its just that nobody else can.

26. inbillwetrust says: Aug 2, 2011 8:37 AM

If a team beats the pats in the regular season, rex ryan will play with the head coaches feet.. count it

27. revischrist says: Aug 2, 2011 8:37 AM

Try actually watching the video of it ,like most things with Rex he was joking around. Take the collective sticks out of your butts.And brizo do you think the Pats would trade that 45-3 win for a playoff win? Yeah that’s what I thought jacka$$

28. southpaw2k says: Aug 2, 2011 8:38 AM

Granted this game was a couple years ago, but I clearly recall the Ravens going into Foxboro and punching the Patriots right in the mouth in the first round of the playoffs.

29. homelanddefense says: Aug 2, 2011 8:39 AM

This guy is ridiculous, just coach your own damn team and shut up about he Patriots already. You beat them in the playoffs last year, why do you still have this inferiority complex?

30. RexCanCoach says: Aug 2, 2011 8:40 AM

Rex is right. How about any other damn team show up the week they play the Patriots. Cleveland did it last year kudos.

Raiders? Cowboys? Steelers? All have N.E. on schedule this year time to STEP IT UP.

My guess is the only chance Jets have to win the division is to sweep the Pats which hasn’t been done in a long time.

31. tunescribe says: Aug 2, 2011 8:41 AM

Feet … cheeseburger … Patriots … feet … chocolate cake … Patriots … feet … candy bar … Patriots …

32. Steeler's Will says: Aug 2, 2011 8:41 AM

The guy makes me laugh. His players seem to like him. And hey, I’d love for the Steelers to enjoy a victory against the Pats once in a while. I think he’s giving some respect, albeit a little backhanded, to the Pats with his statement.

33. hoier says: Aug 2, 2011 8:42 AM

What a a-hole and a bufoon. What about concentrating on coaching the J-E-T-S, and making good on your bow hard promises, friggen turd

34. raven4life21 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:43 AM

Rex keep talking! I LOVE the fact you piss off all these fans… you speak from the heart and have full confidence in your ball club… no one knows you like Ravens and Jets fans… we know what you are all about… and almost EVERY player wants to play for you cuz you are one of the best coaches in the league… keep on keepin on Rexy!

35. ace613 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:43 AM

I invite the rest of the league to give this guy a swift kick in the nads!!!

36. dmitchell624 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:43 AM

ny82jy says:
    Aug 2, 2011 8:21 AM

Stopping Ocho with the Bengals is not the same thing as stopping him with Welker, Woodhead, their TE’s and some guy named Brady. But if that makes you feel good, keep thinking it. Oh I am not a Pats fan. Just sick of the Ryan’s bravado.

37. voiceofrealism says: Aug 2, 2011 8:47 AM

Why do you need someone else to beat the Patriots? You want to win the Superbowl, get to the playoffs and beat whomever you play. If you coached my team, I’d want you fired you whiny, pathetic, “poor us”, childish bastard.

38. jpb12 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:51 AM

… and another thing. Seen the size of the shoes Plax wears?

39. xxwhodatxx says: Aug 2, 2011 8:51 AM

Here we go again, call me after you win something

40. stfunowplease says: Aug 2, 2011 8:51 AM

I call it tiring.

41. fballguy says: Aug 2, 2011 8:51 AM

I Fn love Rex Ryan. Wish the Rams hired him.

42. bengalguy says: Aug 2, 2011 8:52 AM

At last check…the Patriots havent won the Super Bowl in a loooooong time. Somebody has been beating them!!!

43. fballguy says: Aug 2, 2011 8:55 AM

@steelerhypocrite

It’s called a rivalry. You know…sort of like your a-hole safety and the Ravens.

I like a coach that plays up a rivalry. One thing I loved about Martz…he never forgot when it was Niner week.

44. postfixer says: Aug 2, 2011 8:55 AM

The great thing about Rex is that his mouth is always shut by Super Bowl week.

45. Patriot42 says: Aug 2, 2011 8:57 AM

I realize that you guys must put the Jets on your blog 25 times a day but jeez give us something worth reading

46. drunkendegenerate says: Aug 2, 2011 8:58 AM

“Does this guy ever shut up? This is why Jet fans always have the “poor me” mentality because they get all hyped up and instantly declare themselves super bowl champs, either beause their 500 lbs coach guarantees it (what a joke), or they win a few games and “they’re going to the bowl”. Then that big scary word called REALITY hits the Jets fans and organization and everyone is walking aound with that whole “this team is cursed..they can never win for me..”. News flash you can’t talk your way to the lombardi trophy nor buy it you have to earn it Rex after three years of having your foot in your mouth that you would learn that by now.”

Seriously, not ONE original thought in this paragraph. Not one. Don’t you fools realize by now that Rex is never going to stop talking? Get over it and understand that there’s only a handful of coaches in the league that are better than Rex Ryan. Period. Try a little harder next time.

47. rooneyruleblues says: Aug 2, 2011 9:03 AM

Doesnt Rex know when you are as fat as he is you really can’t be taken seriously. Rex and Andy Reid are both one in the same. They both eat excessive amounts of food in order to comfort themselfves about how miserable they are in life. Since eating in excess is all they know about solving their problems it has transitioned onto both teams. Now they buy players in excess in hopes of solving their issues. Only this time when things dont go as planned it will be Sanchez falling apart throwing picks all over the yard, or Vick getting injured again like he always does. Not the 6 hours of gas and the 120 minute diarrhea sessions in their masterbath rooms.

48. jimr10 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:06 AM

My favorite team? whoever plays the Jets.

49. citizenstrange says: Aug 2, 2011 9:06 AM

Put me down for 10 points in the first three quarters. — Ben Roethlisberger

50. jcjets says: Aug 2, 2011 9:13 AM

@voiceofrealism are you really not able to understand why it would be beneficial to the jets for the patriots to have more losses?

51. tashkalucy says: Aug 2, 2011 9:14 AM

Rex and Rob with their WWF-style talk beat up the small frys in the NFL, but can’t seem to win the big games.

I think they would fit better coaching in the NBA.

52. phillyphan975 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:15 AM

briz0519 says:
    Aug 2, 2011 8:19 AM

(and no, I am not a Patriots fan.. I just really don’t like the Jets)

___________________________________

Lol, well, I do not like the Jets either but my defense to your statement will be… That was the regular season, what happened in the post season? If the regular season counted the Pats would have won the Super Bowl as an undefeated team…The bottom line, yes they blew them out, but the Jets shut them down when it counted most… AND it than gave them a 2-1 record against them for the year… There is no point differential in the NFL…

53. pfii63 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:15 AM

Welcome back, Rexy…the off-season just wasn’t the same without you.

All this bluster simply tries to mask the fact that the Jets are still the YETS.

If I were Rex, I’d be trying to figure out how to match up with the Patriots now that Welker moves back into the slot. What answer does he have when Branch, Ocho, Welker, Gronk (or Hernandez) and Woodhead (or BJGE) are all on the field on the same play? The Patriots are a matchup hell for the Jets, which is why he needs everyone else in the league to beat the Patriots this year.

54. FinFan68 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:19 AM

Translation: If somebody else can beat the Patriots, then the Jets can finally win that coveted AFC East championship and get a home playoff game

55. drunkendegenerate says: Aug 2, 2011 9:25 AM

@ imopen7

The. Patriots. OWN. The. Steelers.

Absolutely own them.

56. scudbot says: Aug 2, 2011 9:28 AM

Dear Rex: Some of the teams in the NFL don’t play the Pats this year, until the playoffs anyway. You can find their schedules on the NFL.com site. Also, I regret to inform you that Green Bay won’t get another chance to kick your fat a** unless the J-E-T-S make it though some playoff games. Maybe you should try to pick up some more free agents. PS, just a heads up, better give the Dunkin Donuts in Rockaway Township a rest for a while.

57. fb80 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:31 AM

Pbolyard, Funniest post ever well done!!! Don’t be shocked if Rex doesn’t bring in Travis Henry and Shawn kemp for tryouts to establish the worst father in sports!! Hilarious!! U remember cromartie talkin about his kids?? Dude barely knew their names and has like 5 who are 3 or turning 3, OMG! Do us all a favor Rex, shut ur fat mouth and coach, and tell rob to keep his fat mouth shut too before Vick puts up 40 on his sorry team… When will these idiots learn….

58. beecee71 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:33 AM

i don’t get it. people hate that belichick doesn’t answer any questions. here is a guy that lays it all on the table and you hate him for it? Rex Ryan is a joker. If you saw the whole thing he was laughing and so was the press. People see one comment and instead of taking it for what it is (joke (i know i have to spell it out for most)) you get all bent out of shape. here is a comical coach who loves football and you hate him for it. well done, line up the next drone coach for your team. and when you ask him if he wants to win the super bowl he’ll just say “we got to take it one game at a time”.”i’m just trying to win a football game”. “i’m not going to comment on that”

59. jessieboom says: Aug 2, 2011 9:35 AM

Why don’t Rex just worry about beating the Dolphins. He is 1-3 vs them after all.

60. approachingnormalcy says: Aug 2, 2011 9:36 AM

As a Steeler fan, this is the way I feel about the Baltimore Ravens. No one seems to beat them except the Steelers. This is why the Steelers and Ravens meet in the playoffs every year.

61. steelersmichele says: Aug 2, 2011 9:37 AM

voiceofrealism says: Why do you need someone else to beat the Patriots? You want to win the Superbowl, get to the playoffs and beat whomever you play.

I need someone else to beat the Patriots so my team doesn’t have to meet them in the playoffs. We lose to the Patriots 99% of the time, so I was very happy the Jets beat them last season so I didn’t have to watch my team lose another AFC Championship game to them. At least I’m honest about it–they have our number.

62. baddegg says: Aug 2, 2011 9:38 AM

lol, check out all these “serious” responses. I get tired of the same ole coach speak: “Well, they got a great ball club. We are just going to go out there and fight hard and try to play well and see what happens…etc.”

At least Rex says something interesting and funny. You can’t take it all too seriously. I actually enjoy his schtick.

63. mpw2133 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:38 AM

As for Rex and his comments, who really cares? He is can say waht he wants. My thoughts are that until Rex wins a tittle he and the Jets will always be in the Patriots shadow. Ok it may take 2 tittles. Go get a Ring Rex and then call B.B . and if you dont win one before your fired in N.Y. you can maybe use on of B.B’s 4 .

64. massappeal12345 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:40 AM

Ryan’s posture looks like the character in “Sling Blade”.

65. pftwstbshmc says: Aug 2, 2011 9:42 AM

I just wonder why fine happy GOD-ell doesn’t take something from this idiots pocket. The all mighty hates it when players do something that is not conducive to what the league is trying to sell to the public. Why should a coach be any different? The only way this loud mouth lard butt is going to shut up is if he gets fined. And no, I don’t think once will stop him, but if it happens time and time again, maybe he will get the picture.

66. 1509lucky says: Aug 2, 2011 9:42 AM

“Him and his brother risk becoming old news. One of them needs to win something…”
    ___________________________________

You mean Butter eating contests don’t count?

67. TheBirdsFlyHigh says: Aug 2, 2011 9:42 AM

Im soo tired of this constant talkin out of the ryans bros. STFU!!! play the damn game. hes got foot in mouth disease.. so to speak. I guess.. lol.

68. paulieorkid says: Aug 2, 2011 9:47 AM

Rex’s team got the crap kicked out of New England every time but once — so why is he talkling like New England is his personal beotch?

Secondly Rex, stop playing the “I’m a victim” card. How lame is that? Stop painting the picture that “If only everyone else had my genius, …” the world would be right.

Fact. New England dominated the Jets but for one game where the Jets “got by.”

Fact. The Jets played Pittsburgh with Pittsburgh’s elite producers all hurting (Harrison, Polamalu, Ward and Roethlisberger) — and Pittsburgh dumped them. Anyone remember the contorted face of misery and the frustrated headset slam on the sidelines? No one ever made a period on the end of a sentence sweeter. Thanks Rex.

Rex, here’s one for ya: challenge the rest of the League to beat Pittsburgh. They’ve owned you when you ran the Raven defense and they own you in New York.

69. nobodybeatstheriz says: Aug 2, 2011 9:52 AM

@Briz0519. That 45-3 game was in the playoffs, right?

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

70. ezmac58 says: Aug 2, 2011 9:57 AM

I advise the Rex to make a few more moves or he’s going to have no chance vs. the Pats.

71. ny82jy says: Aug 2, 2011 10:04 AM

Here we are the season hasnt even officially started yet and Rex has everyone talking about him already. Just what he and the jets want. You guys are suckers.

72. bullcharger says: Aug 2, 2011 10:05 AM

As a Patriots fan I am certainly biased, but other than Revis and Mangold I don’t think I would trade for 1 player on the Jets.

Patriots are the better team on paper by a ton this year and are much better than last year. Especially on defense with the young players coming along. We’ll see how it plays out, but I don’t see the Jets being as much of a challenge this year.

73. richm2256 says: Aug 2, 2011 10:05 AM

southpaw2k says:

—————————————————————
    Pat’s fan here ……. Ravens kicked the ever-lovin’ crap out of ‘em that day.

Not forgotten here in New England.

74. bosfaninva says: Aug 2, 2011 10:06 AM

Before you criticize fat Rex, walk a mile in his shoes. Then take them off and let him sniff them.

75. ny82jy says: Aug 2, 2011 10:08 AM

@paulieorkid

Wow. First the jets beat the pats 2 outta 3 times last year check your facts. Also you seem to forget the jets beat your steelers in wk 15 last year so how is that owning Ryan and when the hell does Ryan play the victim card? Get a clue moron!

76. EJ says: Aug 2, 2011 10:10 AM

Buffalo is going to lay the smacketh down on the Jets and Pats this year!!! The AFC East will be ours again.

In the Bills I Bill-ieve!!!!

77. ny82jy says: Aug 2, 2011 10:10 AM

@Ampats

“One thing I think we can all agree on. Nobody has bigger mouths than the Ryan Brothers who have never backed it up anything they say”
    ____________________________

I remember Rex saying that the jets were gonna beat you guys in the playoff game. How did that turn out huh? He backed that up and then some by dominating you guys and both those Ryan brothers handed your pats all three of their loses last year so shut up!

78. dwnhillwhaler says: Aug 2, 2011 10:15 AM

the Jets and the Mets. both suck and it has nothing to do with a curse. do you ever hear belichick running his mouth obsessing with other teams. no just like how the Mets are always tryin to one up the yankees. worry about your team, the fact that stats wise your high priced QB is no better than Chad Henne. you eliminated the pats from the playoffs last year, why are they an issue? mabye because Ryan knows he wont get lucky twice. focous on the super bowl fatboy.

79. jetfuel21 says: Aug 2, 2011 10:18 AM

Rex is the man!! All you fools would love to have him as your team’s coach because he doesn’t give a F!! He took a franchise with a losing history/mentality and made them relevant- The Jets get more publicity than any other team in the league now and all you loser Jet haters make it possible by writing stupid comments about fat and feet. More non-jet fans write on Jet blogs than Jet fans – The whole country is obessed with Gang Green – Just admit it -

80. piratefreedom says: Aug 2, 2011 10:19 AM

I’m a Pats fan and I love Rex, he’s entertaining as hell and he’s built a team I can respect while I hate them so the Jets games are always eagerly anticipated.

45-3 was the highlight of last year
    28-21 was the nadir

81. cliverush says: Aug 2, 2011 10:19 AM

The man is a good coach and he is funny. While most of the coaches hate the press conference he enjoys them. Pats fans (one here) know the guy is trying to help his team gain a competitive advantage and that is part of his job. Seeing him smile all through a PC is a refreshing change. I still hate the Jets and the Steelers but enjoy the rivalry that only winning teams can have.

82. MCxShow says: Aug 2, 2011 10:34 AM

Now I’m no head coach, but if I were Rex, I’d be more worried about the fact that my team couldn’t beat the Ravens, Packers (shutout), Patriots (45-3), Dolphins, Bears and Steelers to get to the Super Bowl I declare I’ll win each year, rather than exclaiming only my brother and I could beat New England.

83. nyjetsman says: Aug 2, 2011 10:44 AM

Funny how you can all talk about how much you hate the Jets do you hate that we went to the AFC chamionship twice in 2 years. I guess so…again this is football stop being such haters and enjoy the game. Rex brings a certain fire to this game that was long gone. And if I have to listen to one more drab sentence from Bill the Hoodie or Tom to old for this game Coughlin I am going to cry. The league needs the fire and we supply it. When we do win the Bowl you all will be crying more.

84. bozosforall says: Aug 2, 2011 10:49 AM

drunkendegenerate says:
    Aug 2, 2011 9:25 AM
    @ imopen7

The. Patriots. OWN. The. Steelers.

Absolutely own them.

___
    Steelers 6, Pats 3*

The. Steelers. OWN. The. Pats. Where. It. Matters. Most.

Just like the Yankees OWN the Red Sox. LMAO

85. jpmelon says: Aug 2, 2011 10:50 AM

Cromartie a top-5 corner? What a buffoon.

86. bosfaninva says: Aug 2, 2011 10:51 AM

no jetfool, I’ll take my team’s coach, Bill Belichick. You know, the guy with three rings.

87. conwayjames says: Aug 2, 2011 10:51 AM

I’m a pats fan and I don’t get this. He beat us in the playoffs stfu and play.

88. ace613 says: Aug 2, 2011 10:52 AM

Rex is the man!! All you fools would love to have him as your team’s coach because he doesn’t give a F!! He took a franchise with a losing history/mentality and made them relevant- The Jets get more publicity than any other team in the league now and all you loser Jet haters make it possible by writing stupid comments about fat and feet. More non-jet fans write on Jet blogs than Jet fans – The whole country is obessed with Gang Green – Just admit it –

————————————————-

1. Rex is not the man- what exactly has he won?
    2. I am actually quite happy with the Patriots staff- so no I dont want Rex on the Patriots.
    4. Jets were never relevent
    6. Gang Green? I really want my team to be called something that is a fungus

89. wtf__seriously says: Aug 2, 2011 10:53 AM

PFT knows that anything they publish that comes from Rex’s pressers is “Page Hit Gold”, but the canned responses from all the regular Jets posts trolls (you know who you are..) are getting really stale.
    In the interest of, well, making things more streamlined, I suggest we insititue the following system. Simply post with the letter that corresponds to your canned, worn-out answer to the latest “post-for-PFT-page-hits” offering:

A. Rex likes feet *insert foot joke here*
    B. Rex is fat *insert fat joke here*
    C. God-damned snack *speaks for itself*
    D. Haven’t won anything *insert joke here*
    E. Won’t shut up *add a random insult to comfort yourself because you are secretly wishing your team’s coach would speak his mind and get the fan base fired up*
    F. All of the above
    G. * I am actually a football fan over the age of 18 mentally and physically, so I will offer the following reply, which has a hint of my knowing what football is about….*

Oh, and thanks for playing!!

90. bigdan7885 says: Aug 2, 2011 10:54 AM

XLII

91. pongonfl says: Aug 2, 2011 10:56 AM

Objective, become play off team, check.
    Objective become home field advantage playoff team.
    Not going to happen if the pats are winning 13 games in the regular season.
    That’s all he is saying, how could he possibly show more respect for the patriots then that?

And the Pats could certainly be a better team this year. I bet the Jets will be too. Could be a tough year for the Colts, they have done squat

92. bozosforall says: Aug 2, 2011 10:57 AM

paulieorkid says:
    Aug 2, 2011 9:47 AM

Fact. New England dominated the Jets but for one game where the Jets “got by.”

___
    Rex is 3-2 vs. the Pats (including 1-0 in the playoffs). Try doing better research next time, “paula”.

93. hscorpio says: Aug 2, 2011 11:09 AM

The acorn didn’t fall too far from the tree with Buddy and Rex Ryan. Buddy talked a far better game than he delivered on, as well.

94. 3yrsnfl says: Aug 2, 2011 11:15 AM

You all love to read about and watch the Jets. They are exciting and the most talked about team in the NFL. It is all entertainmment. When the Jets are on national TV, love’em or hate’em, you WILL be watching. Just buy a PSL. And a couple of beers while you’re at the game!

95. mornelithe says: Aug 2, 2011 11:19 AM

The Jets are to football, as Soap Operas are to Drama.

96. pfii63 says: Aug 2, 2011 12:02 PM

bozosforall says:
    Aug 2, 2011 10:49 AM

Steelers 6, Pats 3*

The. Steelers. OWN. The. Pats. Where. It. Matters. Most.

Just like the Yankees OWN the Red Sox. LMAO

————————————————-

Wow. Really? You have to go back that far?

Let me re-fresh your memory a little…

2010: Patriots 39 Steelers 26
    2008: Steelers 33 Patriots 10
    2007: Patriots 34 Steelers 13
    2005: Patriots 23 Steelers 20
    2005: Patriots 41 Steelers 27 (2004 AFCCG)
    2004: Steelers 34 Patriots 20
    2002: Patriots 30 Steelers 14
    2002: Patriots 24 Steelers 17 (2001 AFCCG)

That’s the summary to the rivalry since the 6-3 game. In Steelers’ parlance, it’s not really a rivalry because the Patriots usually win.

97. CKL says: Aug 2, 2011 12:07 PM

I’m a Pats fan and I took the comment as more of a slap at Mia and Buff. Funny thing is that besides a few seasons, Mia usually beats the Pats at least once in a year also, just like the Jets do.

Rex usually makes me laugh but yes sometimes he goes a little too far. I wouldn’t want BB to start talking ish about stuff…but don’t think Rex said anything bad vs the Pats here. Underneath all his talk I believe he really does have respect for BB an the Pats.

98. rahavort says: Aug 2, 2011 12:12 PM

Rex Ryan needs to shutup and to go be a fat@ss somewhere else other than the NFL, I’m getting so tired of this guy running his mouth. “I believe this is our year..” Yeah, OK Rex, like the last couple seasons right? If this guy exercised as much as he ran his mouth he’d be in shape

99. lowleadman says: Aug 2, 2011 12:17 PM

Are you kidding me? This is a joke, right? Rexy asking for the rest of the NFL to do his dirty work.

I am sure that every team tries to beat the Pats when they play them, just like they also try to beat the Jets when they play them. Does the toesucker really think that is going to motivate the rest of the league to beat the Pats just for Rex?

What a complete tool. Those who think he is a good coach, forget it. His foot is in his mouth on a daily basis.

Oh NFL Pleeeease help me.

100. jetfuel21 says: Aug 2, 2011 12:39 PM

1. Rex is not the man- what exactly has he won? Ans: Brought them to 2 straight championship games in his first 2 leagues as a head coach – Went to superbowl as defensive coordinator w/Ravens –
    Ans: I forgot how funny and witty Belichek is
    3. Actually with the way Rex talks about the Patriots- he is giving the Patriots more publicity…so thanks!!! Ans: You’re welcome
    4. Jets were never relevent. Ans: They are now
    5. Most Jets fans cant read/write thats why non-Jets fans comment more to Jets stories. – Ans: That’s just funny considering you wouldn’t last 1 week living in NY
    6. Gang Green? I really want my team to be called something that is a fungus. Ans: I see you take on the personality of your team’s coach – you aren’t even funny

101. njtitan says: Aug 2, 2011 12:41 PM

Translated, Rex said ” Hey league, uh, we need all the help we can get so we can make the conference championship to choke again” !! Hmmmm…so weird for a coach to ask other teams to beat his rival !!

102. Steeler's Will says: Aug 2, 2011 12:42 PM

CKL says:
    Aug 2, 2011 12:07 PM

————————
    TRUTH. Tremendous job reading between the lines. The number of posters butt-hurt about Rex’s comments is unnerving.

103. Steeler's Will says: Aug 2, 2011 12:47 PM

pfii63 says:
    Aug 2, 2011 12:02 PM

“And with two AFCCG wins since the 6-3 game, it seems to me that… The. Patriots. Own. The. Steelers. Where. It. Matters. Most.”

————————
    Not defending his argument, but I think he’s referring to the trophy count when he says “6-3″.

Agree with you though, as none of Pit’s 3 recent trips to the SB went through the Pats. I’ve relished every Steeler matchup with the Pats, but I’m often left disappointed.

104. ace613 says: Aug 2, 2011 1:05 PM

jetfuel21 says:
    Aug 2, 2011 12:39 PM
    Ans: I forgot how funny and witty Belichek is
    4. Jets were never relevent. Ans: They are now

———————————————–

Belichick isnt paid to be funny- he is paid to win games. Nor was I trying to be funny- just stating facts jack

105. pfii63 says: Aug 2, 2011 1:13 PM

Steeler’s Will:

Thanks… I can see that as another interpretation. I just didn’t go there because trophy count doesn’t suggest a direct rivalry. But I see the point.

106. hammertoe11 says: Aug 2, 2011 2:22 PM

Just to damn bad it wasn’t put in the contracts Rex Ryan is to keep his mouth shut at ALL times. Just how much longer is Jets owner is going to keep trash talking diaper wearing big mouth no super bowl champ Rex Ryan as the head coach? Time and time again he says this is the year we are the champs. Time and time still no super bowl champs. if i was the Jets owner i would tell big mouth if you don’t this year. You’re FIRED big mouth.

107. ibeshane says: Aug 2, 2011 2:59 PM

Every time Rex Ryan opens his mouth, a Thanksgiving Dinner falls out! BURNED….

108. nyjalleffingday says: Aug 2, 2011 3:33 PM

I don’t even know where to start, so I’ll just cover all the bases.

Rex is 3-2 against the Pats all time.
    Rex has a tremendous amount of respect for the Patriots, their players, their staff, and their franchise.
    Rex realizes the they are the AFC East powerhouse until the Jets win the division. He’s not “obsessed” with them, but he knows they’re a great team and the road to the Super Bowl will go through them 9 out of 10 times.
    Rex realizes nobody but people with the last name “Ryan” were able to beat the Patriots. It’s hard to go 15-1 and that’s the only way we win the AFCE last year.
    Hoody has a large amount of respect for Rex. See: End of Jets/Pats playoffs. Embrace + conversation = Respect, instead of a simple handshake.

Sorry fellas, but Rex knows what he’s doing, has a lot of fun doing it, and will be doing it for a long, long, time.

109. yerffej104 says: Aug 2, 2011 7:25 PM

I hope that is a file photo of Rex. Did the surgery not work? How about worrying about your own team and stop the PATRIOT ENVY?

110. tiffpats4eva says: Aug 2, 2011 10:43 PM

Annoying.

111. ibeshane says: Aug 3, 2011 7:34 AM

Rex Ryan is still extremely obese and according the health statistics of “fat” people, Rex Ryan will not be doing “it” for a long, long, time. I just hope a heart-attack doesn’t take his life before he decides to make a lifestyle change….

112. urworstnitemare58 says: Aug 3, 2011 9:38 AM

The Pats fans should be happy this guys in the same conference. Now there is finally a team that is hated more than the Pats.