Dimitri Patterson lands in Cleveland

106900065_crop_650x440 Getty Images

With an ever-growing Dream Team in Philly, some of the guys who played there last year had to go.

The most recent player out of the door is veteran cornerback Dimitri Patterson, who has agreed to terms with the Browns.  Patterson’s new team announced the move on Wednesday afternoon.

As Rosenthal said via our continuous 12-year-old-girls IM exchange:  “Championship.”

A six-year veteran, Patterson started nine games at right corner (the only nine starts of his career) and appeared in all 16 contests last season.  He also started the 21-16 playoff loss to the Packers.

In 2010, Patterson had one sack and four interceptions, including one that he returned 40 yards for a touchdown.

The departure isn’t a surprise, given that the Eagles previously had made it known that none of the team’s unrestricted free agents would be invited back.

The Browns also signed punter Richmond McGee and undrafted free agent linebackers Archie Donald and Eric Gordon.  Cleveland placed punter Reggie Hodges on injured reserve and waived linebackers Derrick Addai and Alex Wujciak.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
16 Responses to “Dimitri Patterson lands in Cleveland”
  1. vbe2 says: Aug 3, 2011 6:33 PM

Tryin’ to buy a Super Bowl!!!

2. bestgameintown says: Aug 3, 2011 7:14 PM

I don’t know which is worse: That Vince Young, a back up quarterback opened his big mouth and called the Eagles a Dream Team or that reporters like the one who wrote this story keep perpetuating it as if someone who REALLY represents the Eagles said it. Neither Andy Reid nor anyone who matters at this point said anything about a Dream Team. Reporters, please let it go.

3. trickbunny says: Aug 3, 2011 7:17 PM

Well, he can’t be any worse than the 2010 version of Eric Wright.

4. phillyfan4ever says: Aug 3, 2011 7:19 PM

Woah Browns are assembling a punter “Dream Team”

5. couldntthinkofaname says: Aug 3, 2011 7:28 PM

trickbunny says: Aug 3, 2011 7:17 PM

Well, he can’t be any worse than the 2010 version of Eric Wright.

________________________________

Man, nobody can hate their own players and former players like Browns “fans”. At least you don’t have to send this guy death threats. Maybe.

6. browniebuck says: Aug 3, 2011 8:11 PM

I love how the signing of our new team MVP was an afterthought to this article…Richmond McGee will follow in the shoes of Chris Gardocki, Dave Zastudil, and Reggie Hodges as the team MVP’s since their return in 1999!

7. rickycubane says: Aug 3, 2011 8:28 PM

man i bet the Giants are sad to see him out of the NFC east.. dude got smoked by the G Men all year long.. see ya Patterson

8. borisbulldog says: Aug 3, 2011 8:30 PM

Love that fact that PHI is CLE’s farm team!

9. watchfullhose says: Aug 3, 2011 8:30 PM

What are you talking about? Eric wright was about as bad as a cb can get, so there is no defending him. Death threats are not appropriate, but it’s safe to say that the individual responsible is not representative of the majority of browns fans.

That being said….considering the quality of play browns fans have witnessed over the last 12 years, it takes a special kind of “suck” to really get us mad. Eric had that indescribable quality last year….he was the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

10. janvanflac says: Aug 3, 2011 8:44 PM

Patterson battled hard and is a very good special teams player, but was overmatched as a starter.

11. labrownjames says: Aug 3, 2011 8:59 PM

Watchfullhose, I Agree!!!

12. rjwill says: Aug 3, 2011 9:00 PM

man, I was all for the Vince Young signing and all these other guys too, but now I wish we never got him due to this “Dream Team” crap. Cmon media, the guy was an Eagle for all of 4 hours says something stupid and now everyone runs with it. If Vick or some other player that has been here said it I would expect it to stick like it has, but that is simply not the case. Cut VY and send a message.

13. pvtsquiffy says: Aug 4, 2011 3:03 AM

Signing a punter?? Please don’t tell me we’re giving up on fourth downs… I thought Hodges was just our emergency rusher… What’s this new guy’s 40 time?

14. jeremyhurst02 says: Aug 4, 2011 10:54 AM

pvtsquiffy says:
    Aug 4, 2011 3:03 AM

We have to sign a punter if ours is out for the season already, genius.

15. hedphurst says: Aug 4, 2011 3:39 PM

couldntthinkofaname says:
    Aug 3, 2011 7:28 PM
    trickbunny says: Aug 3, 2011 7:17 PM

Well, he can’t be any worse than the 2010 version of Eric Wright.

________________________________

——————————-

I’m a Browns fan, and I’m embarrassed to be lumped in with the most vocal part of the fanbase. The death threats to Wright would be almost unbelievable if they were in a movie, but here, they happened. It’s insane. Wright was widely regarded as one of the up-and-comers of the younger DBs in the league before 2010, and it’s my belief that he lost a lot of confidence when the new regime brought in a former Pro Bowler and drafted the top player coming out of college at his position before the season started. Then he had a truly awful game against the Ravens early on, and he never really recovered. That, paired with Haden’s strong rookie campaign and rapidly growing popularity (Haden has a big Twitter following, and frequently alerts fans to his hangout spots, buying drinks/food for people, giving away prizes to random fans who say hi at malls, etc) just made some fans go crazy.

I wish Eric Wright had come back to the Browns and proven that 2010 was an aberration, but completely understand why he’d rather go to Detroit. I wish him the best of luck with the Lions, and for that matter, I wish only good things for the Lions and their fans. They’ve suffered as much or more than Browns fans, and seem much more intelligent than many people wearing orange & brown gear around Cleveland.

I still love my Browns, though, and just hope that as they improve, the knucklehead frat boys with “Dawg Pound” tickets will calm down.

16. pvtsquiffy says: Aug 4, 2011 9:42 PM

jeremyhurst02- I wasn’t being serious dude.

I know we need a punter big guy. Thanks for updating me on the injury report genius- you really have the inside scoop, genius.