Jets keep Brodney Pool

Pool_Brodney

Brodney Pool is sticking with the Jets.

Pool, a free agent safety, has re-signed with the team, according to Lisa Zimmerman of CBS and Brian Costello of the New York Post.

A second-round draft pick of the Browns in 2005, Pool played five years in Cleveland before signing a one-year contract with the Jets last year.

In 2010 Pool started 12 regular-season games and all three playoff games. He intercepted a pass in the AFC Championship Game.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
12 Responses to “Jets keep Brodney Pool”
  1. jmad3487 says: Aug 3, 2011 7:17 PM

Very good under the radar move. This essentially leaves their secondary intact. Cromartie, Wilson, and Pool should excel year 2 under Rex.

2. favrespeckerpictures says: Aug 3, 2011 7:46 PM

I dont get this, Belechick’s main rival right now is the Jets. Ryan has beaten lil Bill 3 out-of 5 the last 2 years. Bill needs to sign a wideout so he chooses Ocho????? Hasn’t Bill seen what
    Revis has done to Ocho the last 2 years (3 games)???? I mean we’re talking prison pounding!! Ocho has like 1 catch for -30 yards against the Jet D…….someone explain it to me.
    Fat Albert and Ocho…..seems like lil Bill is panicing.

3. ampats says: Aug 3, 2011 7:48 PM

What’s with the tatoo?

4. mjagosports511 says: Aug 3, 2011 7:48 PM

BRING BACK IHEDIGBO

5. jetsarestacked says: Aug 3, 2011 8:39 PM

this is a very underrated move. i was worried he wasn’t coming back. eric smith as the full time starter kinda scares me since he stinks in coverage.

6. drgfri says: Aug 3, 2011 8:58 PM

The only pool the Jets care about is the one at Sanchez’s house where all the high school girls hang out. Just watch out for Cromartie, the guy is quite potent.

7. hines86for6 says: Aug 3, 2011 9:36 PM

@drgfri

Mehahahahhahaa! Great post.

I was surprised by the lack of a market for Pool’s services. Young starting quality Free Safeties don’t grow on trees.

8. depotnator says: Aug 3, 2011 9:36 PM

@drgfri: try and stay on topic if you c

9. pthompson1187 says: Aug 3, 2011 10:51 PM

Pool probably scared other teams off with his concussion history… he’s a decent safety though he played moderately well when he was with the browns and played decent last year.

10. dotnukem says: Aug 3, 2011 11:02 PM

@drgfri: FAIL

11. june20102002 says: Aug 3, 2011 11:12 PM

I’m a pats fan, but is it only me, does haynesworth look like he’s gained 100 pounds?

Everyone is crowning the Pats as the AFC East favorites, but I am concerned. First the jets players have played in the same system for the last three seasons, that’s continuity and not learning the system. Haynesworth and ochovinco need to learn our system.

Pats defense was one of the worse, an I hope they’ve grown as a unit. I am scared a bit, go ahead trolls kill me for expressing the pats concerns.

12. schoolyardblitz says: Aug 3, 2011 11:51 PM

favrespeckerpictures:

yes the island has kept him down, but name someone…anyone…who does well agst Revis. He shuts em all down…ask Andre Johnson and others.

Ocho will get big numbers against non-Revis teams, and if teams stack up agst him, then Brady will have lotsa opps to hit others. Ugh.

Signed,
    A jets fan who knows ocho was a great signing