Packers get their White House visit on August 12

AP

The Packers will get their visit to the White House, just a little later than usual.

The team will meet the President on August 12, bringing everyone that is with them on their trip to face the Browns in the preseason.  That means players that were released from the team since probably won’t be able to make it.

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson spoke about the trip Wednesday, revealing he had no thoughts about the debt ceiling. That’s a first.

53 responses to “Packers get their White House visit on August 12

1. Thank you for a high profile person in the world of sports and/or entertainment by spewing their opinions on something political.

He kept it to football.

Thank you.

2. Nice. My brother Randy and I are heading up there on Thursday…

And @Phantom. Why don’t you shut up? Why are you posting here? I thought we were only allowed to post for our own team?

3. Carl, I got more thumbs up than any other comment, so I don’t think anyone but you is complaining. It’s Contra who has a problem with your comments, not me. Why are you so negative?

4. @carlgerbschmidt

“Why don’t you shut up? Why are you posting here? I thought we were only allowed to post for our own team?”

Really a Packer fan making that comment ?

5. Have some balls and tell the president and any politician to Go Fk themselves,,worthless bloodsucking slime bastards they are in washington and all over the us

6. Can they pick a day when Obama isn’t going to be there? Don’t ruin the season before it starts by having to meet that guy.

7. interesting bit near the bottom of that press conference recap re: Cullen Jenkins:

“*We didn’t make a decision not to bring Cullen Jenkins back. They made a decision (to sign with Eagles) and we wish him well.”

Doesn’t exactly gel w/ Jenk’s version of how things went down; he consistently said the Packers made no effort to re-sign him. So who’s the liar here?

8. While the Pack are at the White House they may as well schedule visits for the next two years also ….. A ‘repeat’ followed by a ‘3-peat’ ……

The truth is the NFL may have to take away a few of the Packers’ draft picks in 2012 & 13 just to give the other 31 a fighting chance …….

” Relive the 60s all over again. “

9. thephantomstranger says:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:37 PM

________

You have more thumbs up? Who cares about that? You care about how many thumbs up you get? How desperate for validation are you?

10. carlgerbschmidt says:
    Aug 3, 2011 4:02 PM
    thephantomstranger says:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:37 PM

________

_____________

Obviously not the point, but I’d rather be validated by the approval of my peers than by how many games my favorite football team wins.

11. “Packers get their White House visit on August 12”
    ———————————————————-
    Unless, when they arrive, the doors are locked and there’s a Foreclosure Notice nailed to the front door.

12. woodyg says: Aug 3, 2011 3:57 PM

While the Pack are at the White House they may as well schedule visits for the next two years also ….. A ‘repeat’ followed by a ’3-peat’ ……
    ===========================

They’ll only be able to schedule next year’s trip with this administration.

13. Well if they didn’t get the visit, they’d be looking at being reigning champs for two years instead of one.

Well, two years without having to play any other games.

14. “Nick Barnett is already complaining.”
    ——————

T-minus 3 hours until the first Barnett tweet…guaranteed.

15. 319hike says:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:03 PM
    I love rubbing the Superbowl win into the noses of Bears fans.

=================================
    Welcome to the mindset of your average Packer fan.

And they wonder why they are the most hated fanbase in all of sports.
    Weill, that and the fact they are ignorant and Loudly ignorant at that.

16. carlgerbschmidt says:
    Aug 3, 2011 4:02 PM
    thephantomstranger says:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:37 PM

________

=============================
    Carl, what happened to you? You used to be quite the debater on here, you’ve slipped markedly.

17. paulharghis says:
    Aug 3, 2011 5:26 PM
    _____________

Yes, he’s strayed from his time-honored argument that never fails: “How many Super Bowls have you won?”

18. Is Obama going to charge them like he is for attending his birthday party? How many gaffes can Biden come up with? Maybe he’ll call for Brett Favre to stand up and give us a word or two.

19. The most hated fanbase in all of sports huh?

I guess thats because winners are always the most hated. 13 time world champs buddy, suck on it.

20. tangysizzl says:
    Aug 3, 2011 8:28 PM
    The most hated fanbase in all of sports huh?

===========================
    Thanks for proving my point genius.

You are supposed to let others tell you how great you are, not run around and tell everybody yourself.

Idiot.

21. Since he didn’t do anything to help this team win, I could care less if Barnett makes the trip or not. However, it sucks for guys like Cullen Jenkins, Brandon Jackson and Darryn Colledge, who actually helped this team win the Super Bowl but won’t be able to attend.

22. thephantomstranger says:
    Aug 3, 2011 4:13 PM
    mvp43 says:
    Aug 3, 2011 3:46 PM
    The Packers are in a better financial position that the Federal Government right now……
    ___________

So is Greece.
    ———

Well said

23. paulharghis says:Aug 3, 2011 5:25 PM
    “It’s not enough to win the Super Bowl, they just HAVE to rub it in other fans faces.

And they wonder why they are the most hated fanbase in all of sports.
    Weill, that and the fact they are ignorant and Loudly ignorant at that.”

I’m sorry if we’re not making jokes about how our team is gonna hit up New Orleans like Hurricane Katrina….then promptly lose.
    we’re the ignorant ones?

24. “Welcome to the mindset of your average Packer fan.

And they wonder why they are the most hated fanbase in all of sports.
    Weill, that and the fact they are ignorant and Loudly ignorant at that.”
    ——————

Just pathetic.

25. packerbacker12 says:
    Aug 4, 2011 12:48 AM
    “And they wonder why they are the most hated fanbase in all of sports.”

Nah I think that honor belongs to the Viking fanbase.
    —————
    No im pretty sure its the Packers. I have yet to hear any negative remark about the Viking fanbase when I go to away games. Ive heard many negative remarks about the Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, and Chargers fans. Mostly Eagles and Raiders fans though.

26. paulharghis says:
    Aug 3, 2011 5:25 PM
    And they wonder why they are the most hated fanbase in all of sports.
    ———————————————-

I don’t think that is true, but if it were, I wouldn’t wonder. My mom taught me that children actually love the ones they profess to hate. I place you in that category…..kiddo.

27. The world tries to hate Viking fans, but they all become Wild fans or icefishermen after Week 6. Can’t find one anywhere!

==================================
    Funny, I don’t have a problem running into vikings fans anywhere i go.

Unlike Packer fans years ago, when you’d ask them their favorite team. It was ” I like the Packers AND insert dominant afc team that year”.
    ———————————————–
    stellarperformance says:
    Aug 4, 2011 4:58 PM
    paulharghis says:
    Aug 3, 2011 5:25 PM
    And they wonder why they are the most hated fanbase in all of sports.
    ———————————————-

================================
    That is pretty funny stellar. You’re mother just told you that because none of the kids liked you.
    hat’s what moms do, try to make you feel better.

It’s not a hate born out of jealousy as you are obviously inferring.(wrong) It’s a hate for a hypocritical, loudmouth, homeristic, idiotic fanbase.
    Where else do you hear of fans getting beat up and their cars getting vandalized? They run their mouth , suffer the consequences, then cry about it.
    Talk about pathetic.

28. paulharghis says: Aug 4, 2011 9:50 PM
    Talk about pathetic.
    ——————————————————————-

I just have one thing to say: “Winning!”

29. Stellar:

30. paulharghis says: Aug 5, 2011 5:09 PM
    Stellar:That you would use a Charlie Sheen catchphrase tells me all I need to know about you.
    —————————————————————-

Is it really that obvious? The fact that I have a sense of humor and you don’t? Is that what you learned?

31. stellarperformance says:
    Aug 6, 2011 10:00 PM
    paulharghis says: Aug 5, 2011 5:09 PM
    —————————————————————-

————————————————
    The next time you post something humorous will be the 1st time.
    Here’s a hint. Posting a catchphrase that is well past its shelf life is not considered funny.
    Let me guess. You think the sayings on the no fear shirts from the 80s are still cool?