Bo Scaife picks the Bengals

scaife_bo

Former Titans tight end Bo Scaife is the latest veteran to land in Cincinnati.

Unless he changes his mind and signs with the 49ers.

Per a league source, Scaife has agreed to terms with the Bengals on a one-year, $1 million deal.

He joins a depth chart topped by Jermaine Gresham, a first-round pick in 2009.

Scaife has 251 receptions for 2,383 yards and 12 touchdowns in six NFL seasons.

UPDATE:  The team has announced the move.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
33 Responses to “Bo Scaife picks the Bengals”
  1. losunderdogs says: Aug 5, 2011 1:50 PM

Must have been the only offer he recived

2. drgfri says: Aug 5, 2011 1:52 PM

That makes 1 person who would pick the Bengals….

3. waitingguilty says: Aug 5, 2011 1:58 PM

“No…wait…I meant the Saints….my bad….”

4. vmannj says: Aug 5, 2011 2:01 PM

Why would you do that to yourself? With all the guys trading their prison stripes for Tiger stripes, and the way managment dealt with the Carson Palmer situation, I can not, for the life of me, understand why any free agent would want to go to Cincinnati…especially to be a backup. I’d take the league minimum and at least keep my dignity in tact.

5. jw731 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:01 PM

Does he pluck his eyebrows or what?……….LOL

6. rayvens says: Aug 5, 2011 2:01 PM

Bo Scaife picks the Bengals
    —————————-
    Is he on cr@ck??….Why would anyone wanna go to the Bengals? Really tho, have u ever heard anything positive about Mike Brown?

7. londonbengal says: Aug 5, 2011 2:01 PM

‘per a league source’…..

Is that the same source that gave us Whitner to the Bengals, before he did a quick bodyswerve out west……

I’m not buying it until the Bengals announce it as a done deal

8. drgfri says: Aug 5, 2011 2:03 PM

Wow, that’s an ugly picture. I suppose it is only a matter of time before he fills the Bengal’s requirement of having a similar mug shot.

9. ampats says: Aug 5, 2011 2:06 PM

Somebody picking the Bengals reminds of when playing baseball and picking up teams and as you get to the last couple of players to be picked it doesn’t matter since you know they can’t hit.

Like the Bengals and their playoff chances.

10. ICDogg says: Aug 5, 2011 2:07 PM

When I first read the first sentence I thought it said “latest victim to land in Cincinnati.”

11. amuzed2dth says: Aug 5, 2011 2:09 PM

The way he defended VY last season, thought he may invited to join the “Dream Team”?

12. jjrs89 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:09 PM

Is that shrek?

13. xxbomberxx says: Aug 5, 2011 2:11 PM

I heard Mike Brown used a coupon and Scaife had to honor it.

14. shaunymac424 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:21 PM

Title should have read “Bo Scaife to retire… in Cincinnati”

15. quizguy66 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:21 PM

Man, they could’ve at least given a Scaife a little while for helmet marks to wear off his head before snapping that photo.

Two thoughts:

1) Guess Chase Coffman isn’t coming along at all at this point.

2) Can Scaife block at all? Titans fans?

-QG

16. bengalsfan52311 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:21 PM

Dream Team

17. countsnail says: Aug 5, 2011 2:24 PM

Cincinnati…where subpar players go spend the last couple of their football years in misery.

Sad thing is, Scaife could be a solid TE if he was on the right team.

18. rogersjd16 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:25 PM

“He joins a depth chart topped by Jermaine Gresham, a first-round pick in 2009.”

19. rogersjd16 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:27 PM

Joking of course. Ohio football is adorable.

20. Exiled1 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:31 PM

In other news Bo Scaife is arrested for armed robbery.

Mr Scaife is quoted as saying “I wanted to make sure my teammates knew I was commited to the Bengals orginization and philosiphies.”

21. bobwhitequail says: Aug 5, 2011 2:36 PM

Bengals are to players as Oakland is to coaches. Somewhere to go when you can’t go anywhere else.

22. iamthorny says: Aug 5, 2011 2:38 PM

Boy, that’s gotta be awfully tempting to Carson to rescind his retirement and play with this guy…

Mike Brown is probably thinking “take that” Carson.

23. polishrod says: Aug 5, 2011 2:44 PM

This guy was probably on pins and needles, just itching to sign with someone.

Then he signs with Cincy and realizes the true pain of professional football

24. cwt123 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:44 PM

rogersjd16 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:25 PM

________________________________

Facts Check: Ben Watson is on the Browns.

25. h0c2000 says: Aug 5, 2011 3:10 PM

It’s not about the money. Who wouldn’t want to play for the Bengals?

26. all4patriots says: Aug 5, 2011 3:14 PM

I had a Bo Scaife but some Gold Bond Medicated Powder cleared it right up.

27. contraryguy says: Aug 5, 2011 3:20 PM

guess they won’t sign Reggie Kelly. Doesn’t matter, Gresham’s the goto guy.

28. mac3333 says: Aug 5, 2011 3:29 PM

“Um, last I checked Ben Watson led ALL Bengals receiving in yards and catches. Don’t think Gresham is all he needs to worry about.”
    —————————————————–
    Um, last I checked Ben Watson has never played one single solitary snap for the Cincinnati Bengals …

29. thefiesty1 says: Aug 5, 2011 3:57 PM

I thought he learned better when he was in college at Texas. Good grief, Benson, Shipley and now Bo. What’s this world coming to?

30. philyeagles5 says: Aug 5, 2011 4:14 PM

“He joins a depth chart topped by Jermaine Gresham”

i loled when i read that

31. voyager6 says: Aug 5, 2011 7:00 PM

I can’t believe that no one picked up on the error: Gresham was a 2010 draft pick. Chase Coffman was a 2009 pick.

Scaife is to replace aging Reggie Kelly, who had a very poor year last year, given the limited number of snaps and his recovery from achilles surgery. The Bengals are looking for a good blocking TE to complement the running game.

Problem is, when Scaife is in the game, it will be a tip-off to the defense that the Bengals are going to run the ball. (So it wasn’t Bratkowsi after all, but Lewis).

32. icanthelpitimabengalsfan says: Aug 5, 2011 7:40 PM

This is another good pickup for the Bengals. Go ahead..slam away..we’re used to the abuse and quite frankly, we deserve it. Look at my username…!!!

I remember the glory days so I will continue to be optimistic at this time of the year. My issue, I know.

However, crazier things have happened than a winning season with the team that the Bengals are putting together. Green is the real deal as is Dalton. Jay Gruden is bringing a new attitude to the offense. Zim will have the D playing. I will enjoy watching this defense I believe. I look for Benson to have a bunch of carries and dalton to set up passes on play action…it will be interested to watch. Please those of you that want to trash the Bengals..continue…we’ll see. All I know is that when its least expected (see 2005 and 2009) the Bengals perform.

33. itsmebobd says: Aug 10, 2011 10:08 PM

rogersjd16 says: Aug 5, 2011 2:25 PM

**************************************
    LAST YOU CHECKED? TRY CHECKING NEXT TIME U IGNORANT MORON! Ben Watson plays for the BROWNS not the BENGALS, Big differance. We may not be great, but we’re never as bad as the mistake on the lake.
    IF ITS BROWN FLUSH IT DOWN